It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Escaped Georgia Inmates Who Killed 2 Guards Caught By Armed Citizens

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Okay, just stay focused on the odd death or two at home.

I dont live there but i do find threads trying to justify your gun culture rather amusing .

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Our "gun culture" isn't the problem. We have 4000 murders every year committed by other means. That's 1/3rd of all our murders. We have a serious crime problem that simply won't be solved by limiting access to guns. People will just continue to kill other ways. Until we solve that, making it harder for people to acquire firearms for defense will only make the problem worse. We've seen this in cities that have tried it. Our "gun culture" isn't as simple as you think it is.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
Meanwhile in the rest of America how many people were shot dead .

Less than were killed by car accidents, alcohol, tobacco, heard disease, drug overdose, malpractice, etc, etc, etc, etc, ad infinitum.

Not sure what your comment was an attempt at.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: rexsblues

93 Million in the past 24 hours according to the Governer of Virginia.

Wow. @ 93 MILLION Americans shot by gun owners per day...We'll all be dead in a year.

At the time he said it, he only left us till lunch time tomorrow before we all die.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
We hear time after time from anti-gun extremists that these types of things don't happen, that they are just the wet dream fantasies of gun fetishists. Meanwhile citizens use their firearms for defense in situations like these hundreds of thousands, if not millions of times every year, depending on which study you believe. Most of them don't make the news, because like today, no shots were fired. The only reason this one made the news is because it was already in the news.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Yeah I can wait to see the gymnastics the media tries to do to avoid reporting that little fact.

Yea... they're ducking for cover BIG TIME...

SHELBYVILLE, Tenn. — The end of the road for two inmates sought in the killings of their guards on a Georgia prison bus turned out to be a driveway in rural Tennessee where a homeowner held them at gunpoint until reinforcements arrived.

dubious source of fake news

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

originally posted by: face23785
Yeah I can wait to see the gymnastics the media tries to do to avoid reporting that little fact.

Yea... they're ducking for cover BIG TIME...

SHELBYVILLE, Tenn. — The end of the road for two inmates sought in the killings of their guards on a Georgia prison bus turned out to be a driveway in rural Tennessee where a homeowner held them at gunpoint until reinforcements arrived.

dubious source of fake news

Color me shocked.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

If the elites are looking for way to cut down on the population, they really ought to try Terry McAuliffe's brand of legal gun ownership. It seems to work really well. His America will be entirely depopulated any second now.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Meanwhile overseas, how many people were bombed, droned and starving to death?

Happening to look out your window and see someone stealing your car, how often does that happen?

I saw it happen while I was teaching inner city. The high schools skipping class popped the trunk of a car across the street and made off with what was in it.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

Thank God for gun rights, this one of the reason we need to be vigilant, arm and prepare.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Wow. @ 93 MILLION Americans shot by gun owners per day...We'll all be dead in a year.

At the time he said it, he only left us till lunch time tomorrow before we all die.

Yea. He also said there were way to many guns on the street these days. But still 99.999% of all guns in america are not even on the "street".

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Well to be clear then, at all levels of government, the government organ call the news, attempts to lessen the impact ect of private citizens taking care of them selves with real martial force. I mean they well tell you what a hero a cop was but not what a homeowner that shot intruders to death and saved his or her people, was.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Happening to look out your window and see someone stealing your car, how often does that happen?

Humm I am overseas and in the last couple of years we have had just about 10,000 killed by so called Muslim radicals who want their own state within a state .. No drones were used just the old tried and true method of bullets and bombs against unarmed citizens.

Maybe you could write Saudi Arabia and ask them to lay off of Yemen or your stateside representative and ask why we are in Syria and please stop . Maybe you would have better luck with Africa and the genocide that is a recurring theme. Either of the letter writing actions will get you no where, nadda, just as the appeasement of our separatist has gotten us no where but more bombs and bullets.

Two guards killed and the perps were apprehended by someone who had a gun instead of a cell phone..! WTFG!

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

The media calling cops heroes is becoming less and less prevalent too. Anymore it's just let's see how we can Monday morning quarterback how he/she should've shown some more restraint and let themself get shot or stabbed first before opening fire.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

Nice! Especially, I have to ad, after some were claiming that only police are able to stop crimes.

Good job, from my home state!!

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

a reply to: intrptr

Okay, just stay focused on the odd death or two at home.

I dont live there but i do find threads trying to justify your gun culture rather amusing .

We are hypocrites aren't we?

We buy guns for home protection and support global terrorism too...

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I saw it happen while I was teaching inner city. The high schools skipping class popped the trunk of a car across the street and made off with what was in it.

Did you have a gun?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Maybe you could write Saudi Arabia and ask them to lay off of Yemen or your stateside representative and ask why we are in Syria and please stop .

"Write my congressman", huh?

How tired worn is that meme.

Fire off a meme, I mean memo.

BTW: Our 'representatives' no longer represent the people, they are merely complicit with the real power behind the curtain in the merry old land of OZ.

Munchkin voice: "Follow the yellow brick road".

Musical interlude: "Ohhh, were OFF to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz. Because because because because becuzzz...

becuz of the wonderful things he does."

edit on 17-6-2017 by intrptr because: BTW:

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
If those two guys wouldn't have followed my EXACT instructions, there would only be one witness.

Great job!!

Fred.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

And then, I could give a rat's ass as to your opinion of our country and our laws.

Engage ignore mode.

Fred.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join