It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London Tower: "Fridge Man" packed bags didn't call 999 - changes race

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I've been following the horrible London Tower fire and have noticed a few red flags to come out of the story.

Rumours started circulating that the fire was caused by a faulty refrigerator catching fire and then spreading to the newly refurbished external cladding, which acted like an accellerant encasing the whole building in flames. Many people speculated that it was a new "eco" propane fridge but again we could not be sure. Yet more speculation emerged that the fire was an 'intentional act' which got well out of hand; seeking to damage the building enough to have it condemned so a new tower of up market apartments could be built in its place. Who knows?

I searched British news and found an article interviewing the woman who raised the alarm. She was described as heavily pregnant and said that her neighbour knocked on her door at 12:50am to raise the alarm. It was stressed in the article that the man was a "White British man" there were many people who pointed this out in the comments section. I thought it was strange to mention race but I assumed that they wanted to quell the rampant anti-Arab and anti-African slurs that were being written online.

Here is the current link:
London Cabbie whose 'faulty fridge' caused Grenfell fire (Does anyone know how to find old web pages that have been deleted so we can find the 'proof' ??)

Today when I checked the news this article was deleted without a trace and the article was rewritten . In it, the same woman is interviewed but there is more added to her story;

It now turns out that the "White British man" is actually an Ethiopian-born cabbie named Behailu Kebede and he wasn't the one to notify the fire brigade. Infact when he knocked on his pregnant neighbors door he had a large bag packed with clothes. She looked inside his apartment, saw the small fire in the kitchen and she raised the alarm.

Why did he take time to pack his belongings and pretty much attempt to flee instead of first raising the alarm? I understand mental health issues may be a factor or perhaps he just panicked - know one knows what they'd do in the same situation. It's just odd it sounded like he didn't try to douse the flames but packed his bags instead. It's fortunate that he knocked on the pregnant neighbours door, I shudder to think what would have happened if he just fled into the night.

Now the third updated article does not include the witnesses quote where she saw him with "his bags packed". It has gone back to her original quote

His neighbour Maryann Adam, 41, who lived at number 14, told how Mr Kebede banged on her front door in the early hours of Wednesday to tell her that there was a fire in his kitchen. She said: 'He knocked on the door, and he said there was a fire in his flat. It was exactly 12.50am because I was sleeping and it woke me up. 'The fire was small in the kitchen. I could see it because the flat door was open. There was no alarm.'

I understand that information trickles out during times of large-scale newsworthy tragedy and reporters are scrambling to get the headlines out ASAP but the DailyMail interviewed the woman from this interview three articles have been written:

The first article published quoted that she was pregnant and her neighbour was a White British man
The second article published quoted that she thought it odd that he already had his bags packed when he knocked on her door and that it was she who called the fire brigade. In this article he is named as the Ethiopian man
The third (and current) article the witnesses quote that she saw him 'with his bags packed' is redacted. She is not mentioned as pregnant

Did anyone else see these weird inconsistencies?

For the victims sake I hope we get to the truth of the situation. I sincerely hope that Kebede isn't wrongfully accused as I imagine this would weigh heavily on him. This is such a tragic situation and my love and thoughts go out to everyone involved

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Ahh... ye... righ... oh... yeah I see your problem mate...

You're relying on reliable information from the Daily Fail.
That's just not gonna happen in the real world.

In the real world the community is praising this gentleman for raising the alarm as soon as he did.

Edit:
Also;

I thought it was strange to mention race but I assumed that they wanted to quell the rampant anti-Arab and anti-African slurs that were being written online.

That sounds like the complete opposite of what the Faily Fail would attempt to do in this situation.
edit on 16-6-2017 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I cant link any article either but i can confirm I read all the info you stated in your OP. Found it weird as well how the same person changed her story within hours. From white to black, from packed bag to nothing.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
We will soon know the truth because a public enquiry has been convened, and they are never set up for the sole purpose of exonerating the powerful and the guilty, right?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I suspected sloppy journalism might be to blame. If true, that means that the journalist made up the woman's quote - isn't this unlawful?

Still, I don't get why the DM would have changed his race?? Naming him as African surely would have pushed their alleged agenda from the beginning .... so odd indeed

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
At the moment most of this is just speculation and some of what is being said id frankly wrong. For example, the flats did have sprinklers, but that's because domestic flats don't have sprinklers.

The whole thing will be politicised along different lines, although to note that the first named fatality was a Syrian refugee, and the fact that the police have revealed that they are unlikely to identify some of the fatalities may be tacit admission that these are not British nationals with no records.

It's a terrible thing to happen. However, it takes a disaster to change things e.g. Bradford City Stadium fire, of the Kings Cross underground fire etc...

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

My assumption is that after reading comments eluding to conspiracies, they felt they should help keep things calm by removing this. Very probable this isn't malicious.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kalixi
Still, I don't get why the DM would have changed his race?? Naming him as African surely would have pushed their alleged agenda from the beginning .... so odd indeed

I once worked with an Ethiopean. On that basis, I can affirm that Ethiopians may be African geographically, but their appearance is not "negroid" (using the anthropological term).That may have been a confusing factor in identifying him.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
After searching several websites I found one mentioning Adams as being pregnant.

heavy.com...

Adam was able to get out of the building safely. She went to the hospital after feeling “dizzy,” but did not need any extensive medical treatment. The report indicates that Ms. Adam is pregnant.

London fire: Man in flat where fire started packed clothes
expressdigest.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...[/url]

Samira Lamrini said: 'The man whose flat it was came out and said it was his flat. He was a slim, tall, white British man.

I haven't the time to find out who Samira Lamrini is yet. The truth is out there somewhere but how often does TPTB let us see the truth?

Bold in quotes was done by myself.
edit on 6 16 2017 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

edit on 6 16 2017 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Why didn't he try to put out the fire? just fill up a pale of water a douse the flames. How hard can it be?

I grew up around fires so for me it's easy, but I guess most people these days don't have a clue. A fridge fire in on corner of your flat is nothing. Even if it spreads to some nearby furniture or cupboards or curtains.. you still have chance to douse the flames before it takes your whole house.

Sound like this guy just gave up on life and quit... literally packed his bags and left, when the fire was small enough for even his neighbor to regard it as small.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Thanks for find it LookingForABetterLife

I think the water will be muddied with more untruths and misinformation...

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I really wouldn't give this story much credibility - however it is no secret that the building had major electrical problems due to the substation (service transformer) in the basement of the building having a neutral fault.

This caused appliances in tenents flats, as well as the emergency lighting system in the single encased stairwell, to occasionally burst into flames as the voltage surged from 240v (normal UK voltage) to a cross phase 480v.

This is well documented in the residents forum - and very nearly caused a severe fire in 2013 and in 2014.

So it's possible an electrical fault may have caused an appliance fire - and given residents lived with exploding appliances for nearly two years before the wiring issues were resolved, it's also possible that the reactions of a tenant who had an appliance explode into flames may not necessarily reflect what you or I may do if we had an appliance explode... this may not have been the first time.

Regardless though - the issue here is why a compartmentised fire in a supposedly fireproofed flat managed to spread to engulf a building in less than 20 minutes.

I feel the daily mail here is more posting for click bait and trying to point a finger of blame rather than actually focusing on the real issue which is a serious failing in the building management, systems and project management of the refurbishment.

Power surges : One of many sources

In another thread I've also touched on how the tendering and contracting processes occur and how they're flawed : www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0racle
Why didn't he try to put out the fire? just fill up a pale of water a douse the flames. How hard can it be?

In the link I posted above regarding the power surges that regularly hit that building, you'll note that whenever electrical faults occurred in the building that caused appliances and emergency lighting to 'explode' into flames, it generally tripped off the water supply as well.

If this was due to a major electrical issue with the building, rather than just a faulty appliance, it may be feasible that water was not readily available...

We will never know. Besides, chucking water on an electrical appliance is generally a no-no as 240v does hurt... and the corridors in that tower did NOT have extinguishers.

top topics

join