It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Otto Warmbier - Severe Brain Damage

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: eNumbra

I was born here, so I'll try to change those laws - the point being not about how I dislike certain laws, but how all governments are inherently somewhat tyrannical as they all seek to control the human population.

That is a fair statement. But it's not applicable to your original statement about how it was Otto's fault that this happened.

Which is why it was in reply to some moralistic high-horsing about tyranny by another poster and not related to Otto being at fault.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Had you responded that way, I would have never engaged you. It was your crack (removed so I will paraphrase in gentler terms) about personal responsibility including being traumatised (let's update that to murdered) for minor alleged offenses that caused me to respond.

Personal responsibility does not include dying for a minor offense.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Had you responded that way, I would have never engaged you. It was your crack (removed so I will paraphrase in gentler terms) about personal responsibility including being traumatised (let's update that to murdered) for minor alleged offenses that caused me to respond.

Personal responsibility does not include dying for a minor offense.

TheRedneck

What happened is a damned tragedy. A sad, very avoidable tragedy, while I may have upset you with the crack at republicans - and it was probably unfair, I maintain my point. There's not a damn reason on earth to visit North Korea; when you go on a safari you don't blame the lion if it gets the mind to attack you, you're on his turf.

While nothing NK does could possibly be considered "right" or "just" by any means, the fact remains that there was no reason to be there in the first place.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I would like nothing better than for the US to declare a total embargo on North Korea... no US visitors, no US goods (Kim Jong Un can forget the Big Macs and go back to eating rice), no nothing... and yes, I consider it not very smart to visit such a place. The only way I would consider going to North Korea would be with an army.

But that does not in any way excuse the actions of North Korea. The lion that attacks someone on safari will be put down; no one (I hope) will stand around and blame it's prey while it attacks.

We have others in North Korean prisons. While I do not think one person rises quite to an act of war, I could see military action on the table to demand that all American prisoners be immediately released.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join