It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yellowstone Quake Swarm Ongoing- Produces M4.5 Quake

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
So do we think it's actually going to errupt?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Getting back to the eruption depicted in "2012," if Yellowstone has one similar to it, no place in the United States would be safe.

If there's going to be an eruption it doesn't necessarily have to be large. It could be tiny. There's no way to tell until it happens.

Hopefully it won't anytime soon.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I swear fbi anon said it was going to blow this summer.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

Technically, it's always erupting. Those two boat basins off of Lake Yellowstone were formed by steam explosions. These can get up to the energy of one of the WWII A bombs. A few years ago when Park buffalo were running away, I e-mailed Prof. J. Lowenstein, the head of the YVO, down in Menlo Park, CA. about whether Boise would survive the Pyroclastic flows. I never could get him to put it down in writing, one way or another. Boise, Id. is around 250 miles away. My son was working down there at the time. Now he works out of S.E. Washington State.

Down beyond the South border of the Park, in the Gros Vente river valley, you can see seven or eight ash layers, in between solidified layered pyroclastics. I guess it's just how lucky we are.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I would sub to your channel, but I can't find a link.

Here's hoping it is only tectonic and not volcanic.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The girl at the gas station said her brother works in West Yellowstone and felt the 4.4 in the car on the road driving today! If it goes, it will be VERY quick for me!

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Is there any indication of corresponding changes in local terrain elevation or topography?

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
TrueAmerican
that 4.5 still shouldn't be underestimated. Isn't it the highest in years?
edit on 18-6-2017 by Eagleyedobserver because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-6-2017 by Eagleyedobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
They had two 2.7's according to USGS:

M 2.7 - 14km NNE of West Yellowstone, Montana06-18 01:28:32 (UTC)
Depth
10.0 km

M 2.7 - 17km NNE of West Yellowstone, Montana
2017-06-18 07:21:19 (UTC)
Depth
8.9 km

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

I wonder if strong enough could the Cascadia subduction rip right on through to the San Andreas fault line. it would be interesting to see somebody put together a scenario of such.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
What I find most amazing is that the YVO is monitoring the earthquakes on a weekend. Normally, there wouldn't be any posted earthquakes on weekends. This means someone is monitoring each one and then allowing it to be posted. If you look at the info on the earthquake page, it says reviewed. This is the first time I have been able to cross reference on a weekend to watch the activity. I'll let you decide to think about someone working on the weekends at the YVO in the last 7 years or so.

Oh, and I think it's someone at the U.U. reviewing the earthquakes.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: MissCoyote

In a simulation, yeah. I wouldn't want to be in the same half of the Northern hemisphere if that actually happened, though.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

I live in the pnw and to be honest we are more scared of Cascadia then of Yellowstone....but all considering the fact that we are just as overdue as Yellowstone were wondering if the sheer unadulterated force of nature would rock our planet into oblivion.... thinks Cascadian/ san andreas rip causing the ring of fire to go off thus triggering Yellowstone....talk about an earthly cleanse .

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Or Yellowstone triggering the Cascadia vents, and Ranier. In turn advancing down the faults to Shasta, and underground to the San Andreas. Such a huge series of slips could trigger almost the entire Pacific coastline from Alaska to Argentina and from Russia down through Japan, Indonesia, etc. Makes a Dwayne Johnson action flick look like Easter Sunday...
edit on 18-6-2017 by pfishy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
In the program, "Monster Quake: Are We There Yet?" They show that Cascadia and San Andreas are connected fault lines and if the don't go together, they go within a few days or weeks of one another most of the time. Going from memeory here but when they looked back at core samples they found that the two fault lines essentially went together something like 12 out of 15 times. It is easy to goggle and watch that program and it's well worth the time.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexanderM

But combined with the major seismic energy input from the Yellowstone caldera going through a major eruption, it could change things.
edit on 18-6-2017 by pfishy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

will do. most thing I'm worried about is liquefaction considering I live in a liquefaction zone... so if it does go I'm driving 130 through the fields on quicksand.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I live in an area with fantastic soil for liquefaction, but no seismic activity to speak of.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

that monster quake are we next is only viewable in Canada -_- guess its time to hunt it down on youtube preferably NOT in Spanish

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

The spanish one is in english with spanish subtitles, give it a try.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join