It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yellowstone Quake Swarm Ongoing- Produces M4.5 Quake

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: carpooler
Odds that we're witnessing the beginning of the build up to D-Day are likely worse than winning Powerball.

I feel compelled to point out that there have been a few single-ticket winners in 2017 already...

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Buddy.
It's because they have done the watching for years is why they know this an unusual event. Would the geologist be excited about this otherwise.

For the record people said similar things before mount St. Helens blew in 1980. Oh if you weren't sitting on top of it you would not hear so much...then it went boom.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: SmilingROB
a reply to: Spacespider

Buddy.
It's because they have done the watching for years is why they know this an unusual event. Would the geologist be excited about this otherwise.

For the record people said similar things before mount St. Helens blew in 1980. Oh if you weren't sitting on top of it you would not hear so much...then it went boom.

I remember one man in particular who refused to leave. He was bound and determined to remain in his home along with the dog. They both died, of course, when Mt. St. Helens blew off.

Edit:
Here's a link to Wikipedia's page about Harry Randall Truman:
Source

edit on 17-6-2017 by dianajune because: found link

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Could this be linked to the incoming galactic superwave or something?

seeing this popping up next to a 6.9 further down on the map also isn't a good omen. Could be in for some more significant doom soon.
edit on 17-6-2017 by Eagleyedobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

Oh, there are, but the odds of *you* or *I* doing it on any one draw?

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Latest Update:
Quakes trickling down in frequency and magnitude, but still there.

Man, I tell ya what. I've been seeing some of these youtube videos covering this, and most of these people are bat-stink NUTS!

I am tempted as hell to start a youtube channel of my own to disseminate much more accurate info on these Yellowstone swarms. I'd probably get about 3 subscribers. Seems most people don't want the truth. They want incoherent ramblings of doom, and let the facts be damned.

*shakes head*

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Farrell said the swarm is the effect of normal tectonic stress in the Earth’s crust. As of Friday morning, his the University of Utah seismologists weren’t seeing anything volcanic in nature.

bozemandailychronicle

So there you have it. The opinion from the guy who combs all seismic data daily (during the week) from Yellowstone. He says it's tectonic, with no signs of anything volcanic. And I suppose that until further study is done by the YVO, his opinion is about the best we're going to get.

But we've been there done that before. It took years for them to finally conclude that the 2008 swarm at the Lake was the result of a magma intrusion. I respect Farrell's opinion, for now, but until further study is done, I still reserve the right to my own opinions.

ETA: Link fixed
edit on Sat Jun 17th 2017 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

your link
Sorry, the page you’re looking for cannot be found.

Would certainly be interested in your youtube channel if you start one.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
None of these from today are appearing on USGS 1 day all magnitudes map except the 2.5.

ETA: There should be at least 40 more on the map from the looks of YHH.
Nothing under 2.5 is being added today, I'm sure it's just *cough* technical difficulties.
edit on 17-6-2017 by sageturkey because: Add

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

your link
Sorry, the page you’re looking for cannot be found.

Would certainly be interested in your youtube channel if you start one.

Agreed. I will subscribe!

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: sageturkey

Sage, YMC is the closest station to the main swarm:

isthisthingon.org...

And if it's a weekend, forget it. USGS or UoU won't post anything unless it's a 3+.

Aha, see, I was wrong again. I thought I might get 3 subscribers but I've only got two. It's worse than I thought.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Gotcha, thanks.
I chose YHH because it was a bit farther away and didn't show so much of the noise.
I never thought about the 'weekend' thing, I suppose that makes sense.

ETA: Oh, and I'll be #3!

edit on 17-6-2017 by sageturkey because: Add

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Aegean sea is shaking as well since 3 days. Started with a 6.2. There is also a high chance of a big earthquake in Istanbul's Marmara Sea. 25 Million people in a big area surrounded by a lake kind of sea. The professionals say it would not trigger this earthquake but I definitely say it will; releasing the energy or the oppsite: making the quake bigger and sooner.

Maybe the moon is closer to the Earth nowadays?
edit on 17-6-2017 by belkide because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-6-2017 by belkide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
a reply to: sageturkey

Sage, YMC is the closest station to the main swarm:

isthisthingon.org...

And if it's a weekend, forget it. USGS or UoU won't post anything unless it's a 3+.

Aha, see, I was wrong again. I thought I might get 3 subscribers but I've only got two. It's worse than I thought.

I'll subscribe

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
Latest Update:
Quakes trickling down in frequency and magnitude, but still there.

Man, I tell ya what. I've been seeing some of these youtube videos covering this, and most of these people are bat-stink NUTS!

I am tempted as hell to start a youtube channel of my own to disseminate much more accurate info on these Yellowstone swarms. I'd probably get about 3 subscribers. Seems most people don't want the truth. They want incoherent ramblings of doom, and let the facts be damned.

*shakes head*

Do it!! You'd have at least three subscribers over here.😁

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Your loved here TA.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

lol, yeah- loved by a pack of wolves!

haha, funny.

Ok so, the quakes are still coming in while I watch Apocalypse Now Redux. What a way to spend a Saturday... Next up: Deep Impact, Supervolcano, and 2012.

No further weird signatures so far, and I just about haven't taken my eyes off the spectro. Yellowstone swarmin makes me nervous- no matter how tectonic those quakes are.

ETA: hmm, another estimated 2.4 to 2.6 just hit... Gotta wait till Monday to see that one post on the official map.

Oh wait, looky, they posted it auto... auto says 2.7
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Where in the United States do you think is the safest place to be in case of an eruption?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
Where in the United States do you think is the safest place to be in case of an eruption?

If it's the big one, then Hawaii or Alaska.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join