It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skinwalker Canyon Investigation

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
George Knapp is the host on Coast to Coast AM tonight and he prefaced his program with a Skinwalker note. He's just finished a round of interviews with Ute Indians that live in the Basin on behalf of some show, didn't catch the title. He said activity is ongoing there.

Anyhow, what was interesting to me was when he said he was going to try and interview some of the Ute and their understandings about the area live on Coast to Coast. I hope he's successful. No NDAs, no editing.

It's a good show tonight,

STM

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Ghost Adventures has always been my favorite paranormal show for a number of reasons. Sure Zak can be a bit dramatic and a diva at times but I think that is just the personality type he is. There's no doubt he takes what they do seriously and regardless if you believe or don't believe they do capture some pretty compelling evidence of paranormal activity.

It's a little easier for me to believe in the paranormal because I have witnessed a half body apparition when I was 13. Totally oblivious at that time in my life to the paranormal I had a clean slate for a mind with no predisposition for or against the paranormal. Clear as day I watched an apparition move down a hallway and disappear into a wall. Ever since that day I knew ghosts were a real thing. Even if traditional science has no explanation.

At least Zak and his crew makes a concerted effort to debunk a large amount of the evidence they capture. Everything they hear or see is not automatically paranormal and I appreciate their balanced approach to it.

As far as this particular episode is concerned I liked it overall. They captured some very strange audio that was interesting. I've been deep in caves before and that in itself can be spooky. Throw in some paranormal activity and I would call that super spooky. It always is interesting when the group collectively experiences something. I know that feeling of being in a small group in a place where there was bad mojo. We could feel the negative energy descend upon us like a heavy lead blanket. Creepy as hell and very oppressive.

There was one part of the show that really stuck with me. It was early on in the beginning where Zak is talking to someone from the Navajo Nation and the man told Zak he (Zak) didn't believe in the Skinwalker. Zak responded saying that he did believe in the Skinwalker. The man replied with "No you don't because if you did you wouldn't go looking for the Skinwalker." I'm not quoting that verbatim but the meaning was clear. That told me that there were / are people of the Navajo Nation that have a very strong belief and strong fear of the Skinwalker. Interesting.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

Does anyone know who owns the ranch now? A friend of ours was just talking about it the other night,and I told him last I heard Bigelow Aerospace owns it. Endlessly fascinating subject this.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Admantium Real Estate, LLC

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: spinalremain

That episode was truly awful. I watched with an open mind, but I kept laughing at the crew. Nothing happened.

Did the one investigator really think he could travel to another world with that mirror? It was a little too ridiculous for me I guess.

Unfortunately that's how I feel as well. I had never seen this group before the show, and probably will never watch them again - that's how bad it was for me. Aside from the added hokey-ness for show (of which there was far too much), I felt it was staged, and outright lies. For example - two go into a cave, of which it looks like one entrance.. and they "them find two hours later," confused. And we are supposed to just accept that. That alone would be a huge event. But they don't explain anything about it. Where did they find them? In the cave? Out wandering around? What happened during those two hours? What can they remember? On and on.. and they don't cover it at all.

And many of the comments were just absolutely ridiculous, including their wild jumps of logic. Just a terrible show - and I thought TAPS was bad.

Personally I think something has been going on in that valley for a long while, and the skinwalker is the explanation the Ute tribe has come up with to come to terms with the phenomena.

I appreciate the OP, as I recently have gotten interested in the ranch, but that one show alone made me never want to see those guys again. I did not find it spooky, I was laughing before it was halfway done, and 5 minutes in, I told my wife (ok.. we are at a 5% level of hokey-ness, but it could go up." By the end of the show (almost the end.. I turned it off before it was done), I told her it reached a record 97.5% hokey-ness. It was just that ridiculous to me.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov

Could you send me the link also?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

Thanks for the heads up for the coast to coast show .

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
anyone have a link to this show? on Skinwalker?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

What is meant by the statement "a skinwalker won't hurt or effect you if you don't believe in it" really means that the curses and hexes won't effect you if you weren't raised traditionally in the Navajo culture. That sort of rings true even with pets like dogs. A dog raised on the reservation around Navajos will be skittish or hesitant around skinwalkers as opposed to a dog thats been raised away from it all will not be.
edit on 19-6-2017 by wickd_waze because: ASU

edit on 19-6-2017 by wickd_waze because: ASU

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I went to travel channels website and it says you can watch it again Friday at 6 pm eastern time. I couldn't find a link, for the show, to rewatch that episode though unfortunately.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

YouTube. Search for "ghost adventures skinwalker canyon" in their search engine. There's a couple links for that episode.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I missed the first half hour of the coast to coast show. Hope I didn't miss out on any skinwalker topics. I tuned in at their "15 minute" half hour break where the news comes on for couple minutes plus several commercial ads and a song that gets played to kill more time. It's ridiculous.
edit on 20-6-2017 by wickd_waze because: ASU

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Last November, the "Real Estate Company" put up locked gates blocking the road through the ranch. It remained blocked for some time but the Sheriff of the town gave an order to re-open it, since it was a public road but I never heard that this was actually done.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Thank you

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join