It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skinwalker Canyon Investigation

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Wasn't quite sure which forum to place this in but since the content is with regards to Skinwalker I placed it here. Mods please relocate if necessary.

Anyway...The Ghost Adventures show on the Travel Channel will be airing its investigation on "Skinwalker Canyon" tomorrow night at 9 p.m. EST.

EDIT: ATS poster DClark discovered the reason GAC couldn't use the name "Skinwalker Ranch" is because it is trademarked. See below in his post.

Here is the link: www.travelchannel.com...

Excerpt from Site:

Season 13, Episode 8 Skinwalker Canyon The Ghost Adventures crew is given special permission from the Navajo Nation to investigate Skinwalker Canyon, a place where many residents refuse to enter in fear of encountering shape-shifting creatures.

Zak can be a bit dramatic at times but personally I have always liked these guys. They definitely take their work seriously and I appreciate their approach to trying to debunk a lot of what they capture.

I'm looking forward to this episode.

edit on 16-6-2017 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

Definitely looking forward to seeing this one!
I've always liked these guys, and the leading edge gear they use created by Bill Chapell. The SLS camera for one catches some interesting evidence.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I'm guessing that they are not allowed to use "Skinwalker Ranch."
Trademark

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

There was a member on ATS who used to always go there and post his pics and a few vids if I am not mistaken. Can't remember their user name but it would be interesting to hear their take on this episode!

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Pretty cool, am glad they are looking into places more like this extending beyond the paranormal haunts. Such as already with investigating "Stardust Ranch". Wonder which guests will also be on this episode?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DClark

Trademark

Thanks for posting that. That explains why the use of "Skinwalker Canyon". I thought that was odd. Interesting it is Admantium Real Estate, LLC who owns the trademark. Aren't they the ones who now also own the actual Skinwalker Ranch?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
ghost adventures is a joke. they do an alright job of pretending to be authentic but i know people who have been on those hunts and its all hollywood. the best stuff happens off camera. if they want a real ghost adventure, send those guys without any equipment and leave them overnight with camping gear and nothing else. better yet leave them for a whole week. remember the original skinwalker folks were there for a while before things got serious. guaranteed they find anything worth documenting or catching on camera and they are gonna run away from it.
edit on 16-6-2017 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I hate to show ignorance, but I do not know much about the place. Anybody have a quick rundown for me?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

Trademark

Thanks for posting that. That explains why the use of "Skinwalker Canyon". I thought that was odd. Interesting it is Admantium Real Estate, LLC who owns the trademark. Aren't they the ones who now also own the actual Skinwalker Ranch?

I think Bigelow Aerospace owns the ranch. I could be wrong but I believe Robert Bigelow started the NIDS to investigate the paranormal activity on the ranch.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I'm sure it'll be good "TV" but, Ft. Duchesne and Skinwalker is surrounded by the The Uintah and Ouray Indian Reservation (Ute).
NOT the Navajo, so if they can't get this much correct? Ahem...

According to Joseph "Junior" Hicks, an 89-year-old retired science teacher from Roosevelt, considered an expert on regional UFO sightings, unexplained occurrences and local history, the Utes fought to expel the Navajo from the Basin shortly before the arrival of white settlers. The Navajo eventually left the Basin and its prime hunting to the Utes, but left upon them the curse of a spirit that could take the form of a human, wolf or, some say, any animal.

"The Navajos lost and they, in turn, cursed the Utes with the skinwalker, saying a spiritual person that changes into a wolf will be here to harass you, and they accepted that," said Hicks. "And so, the skinwalker animal seemed to be on that ridge that they now call the skinwalker ridge."

www.ubmedia.biz...

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
I hate to show ignorance, but I do not know much about the place. Anybody have a quick rundown for me?

a quick rundown in regards to skinwalker ranch is tough. the activity there has been going on for decades so the amount of things that have happened on that land could take hours to surmise.

you should read "hunt for the skinwalker" an amazing book you can actually find online for free, which details some of the recent activity on the ranch and the investigation into the paranormal goings on there by the National Institute for Discovery Science there.

here is the amazon summary of the book:

Rarely do scientists have the opportunity to study and measure a recurring series of mysterious and inexplicable events in the field. So, in 1996 a team of open-minded researchers from the National Institute for Discovery Science, founded and funded by Las Vegas businessman Robert Bigelow, jumped at the chance to investigate weird phenomena still occurring on a cattle ranch in Uintah County, Utah. Its owner had been plagued for the past two years by odd disappearances, manifestations of a shape-shifting entity the Ute Indians called a "skinwalker," floating blue orbs of light, cattle mutilations, a giant wolf that seemed unaffected by bullets, and a sinister, hyena-like creature. Biochemist Kelleher tells the story of the team's experiences on the ranch as "an ambitious if unconventional example of what science is supposed to do--explore the unknown." Unfortunately, after a few intriguing observations, the phenomena ceased and the scientists were left to speculate about shamanic and interdimensional realities intersecting with our own. An interesting and sometimes frightening narrative of events, though ultimately short on final answers

and that barely scratches the surface. the things the NIDS team witnessed and experienced on the ranch are mind blowing. not to mention the things that the family living there experienced before NIDS even came in. almost every paranormal phenomenon you can think of. and surprise surprise, the NIDS team with all of the most fancy expensive equipment on the market at the time could not pin down the elusive nature or cause of the phenomena. it was almost like it was toying with them. aware of the scientists trying to pin it down and explain it and it would avoid the equipment with an expert like nature.

mind-blowing stuff.
edit on 16-6-2017 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: spelling

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Wanna meet a skinwalker? 30 mi from my house is the Navajo Rez; perhaps we can make an arrangement for you to find out some "secrets" from someone who knows. This ain't some BS reality TV show....

Get you Kicks on Route 66....
edit on 16-6-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The show is entertaining. Zack is certainly a bit of a drama queen. But I like it.

I wonder what they will find, if anything.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Yes, they are. I speculate that Thomas Winterton is the actual owner of Adamantium Real Estate.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

yes
i hope those guys get out of the ranch soon

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
That place has a creepy factor of about 12...
Just the sheer number of stories says something isn't quite right about that plot of land. Even if the majority turn out to be BS that leaves a decent handful of unexplained down right weird things going on.

I know one thing.
If I moved into a new house and it had multiple deadbolts on every door window and cabinet I would seriously question staying there.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov

where can it be found free?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

check your inbox

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
duplicate
edit on 16-6-2017 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort

originally posted by: Outlier13

Trademark

I think Bigelow Aerospace owns the ranch. I could be wrong but I believe Robert Bigelow started the NIDS to investigate the paranormal activity on the ranch.

Not any longer. Bigelow sold Skinwalker awhile back but the theory is he is still somehow connected to its current owners.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join