It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Isn't 'Free'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

In a very near future there will be robots and computers doing 90% of the available work...

This is completely untrue. Automation DISplaces workers it does not REplace them. Claiming that 90% of the "available work" will be done by computers and robots in the "very near future" ignores the facts as they exist.

There will be shortages of workers by the millions in the skilled trades, medical and dental fields, software development, transportation, entertainment, administration across the board, mental health professionals, scientists, pharmacists and related positions, business and financial analysts, systems and network analysts, veterinarians and related techs, career military, and on and on for decades to come as the Baby Boomers and older Gen-X'ers leave the workforce.

These jobs cannot be done by computers and robots.

Most of all, robots and computers aren't entrepreneurs. They won't be starting up the small businesses that create most of the new jobs! They won't be writing novels, music, movie scripts, advertising content, and so on...

The future is not bleak. It is bright.

the global population is growing...

At an historically slow rate... Global population growth is HALFwhat it was 50 years ago.

thanks to commerce and taxes only companies and governments will "earn" money.

I don't even know what this means...

"Commerce" generates capital, without the generation of capital there can be no "taxes". People convert work to capital.

Are you suggesting that people are going to work for free in the future?

Isn't that slavery...?

[Y]ou might want to consider the starving masses...

What "starving masses"? World hunger is at an all-time low, global food production at an all-time high.

Things are getting better, not worse. It's counter-productive to falsely believe in all this doom and gloom when the reality is quite the opposite.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

Robots are already replacing humans.
The world population is still bigger than ever before even if it's growing slower.
Clean water is already a problem in some places.
Soil erosion is a problem (not only in China)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I agree with the free healthcare people.

OP I don't think you see the big picture very well. Think about how much it would save the average person if we weren't all paying exorbitant fees for healthcare for people that aren't insured.

I'm paying $250 a month for crappy healthcare. That's ridiculous, most people can't afford it, and if you actually have something happen you're going to be out thousands upon thousands because health insurance doesn't cover you fully.

You hate the government, but I guarantee whatever you did to earn that happy retirement depended on it. Think roads. I guarantee without roads you wouldn't have a business, wouldn't have your house, wouldn't have food. Without our government we would be paying 4x as much for gas, and that would be passed on to you. You are a consumer. I don't think you're out in the woods and completely self reliant.

You are a part of a society, if you don't like it, go live in the woods. Pay for everything with gold and barter. Never see a doctor, never call 911, put out your own house fire. Send your kids to private schools or homeschool them. You don't get to drive on the road anymore, it's a privilege not a right, and tax payers fund it.

You're idealizing a world with no government, but I don't see how it would probably be kind to you.

Were you home schooled? Awesome! How did your parents get the books? I guarantee a truck brought them at some point, on a highway. Who payed for that highway and made it happen? If not, sorry but you're spouting a bunch of crap and only know how because of the system you're complaining about.

Stop pretending that you haven't benefited your entire life from the government.

Of COURSE I agree the government wastes a crazy amount of money. That doesn't mean your success isn't based on a community. You would have nothing if there wasn't a community.

I'd love to know what you did for a living. Were you a banker?

I like you man, but I think you have some strange ideas about how a society works.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

Hard work and perseverance, require that I stick at it till it works, or I die trying. Furthermore, there are no adequate alternative options locally, and I cannot afford either to move or commute, because both cost more than I have ever had in my bank account.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Hard work and perseverance, require that I stick at it till it works, or I die trying. Furthermore, there are no adequate alternative options locally, and I cannot afford either to move or commute, because both cost more than I have ever had in my bank account.

Roger that...good luck to you then!

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Bull... 40 years ago you could get a damned sight further on one sixty an hour, than you can on todays wages, because things did not cost nearly as much then, relative to the worth of the currency involved!

Keep talking nonsense, go ahead. Its not helping your case much though.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Bull... 40 years ago you could get a damned sight further on one sixty an hour, than you can on todays wages, because things did not cost nearly as much then, relative to the worth of the currency involved!

Keep talking nonsense, go ahead. Its not helping your case much though.

Hmmmm...k. $1.60 x 40 = $64.00 x 4 = $256.00 + 25.60 (to equal 30 days) = $281.60. Apparently you think rent and food, cars and gas were free in the late 70s, early 80s. Tried to be nice and supportive in last post and I see it was a wasted effort. I'm done here, won't be back to this thread.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Well done working out that taxes aren't free like every child has known for more than a century. Then completely misunderstand how and why it works.

What's next? Are you going to proclaim water is wet and then say it's made from sawdust?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join