It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like a big fake story is about to drop. Rosenstein Issues Odd Statement.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Conservatives and those on the right have barely any MSM that is on their side and we still won the election, because we don't need the media and the propaganda, we have minds of our own. I made a living will, if I ever turn lib, it's time to put me out of my misery. In a lib condition, one does not even recognize one selfs own retardedness.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Can you actually show us a video of this town hall or the NSA director talking about this town hall or are we really suppose to trust that source??

Well, it is an exclusive piece, and the source is an ex NSA analyst. So I give it some weight.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
Im just going to keep redirecting people tho this story from the other week.

They have it all.

Nothing will save Trump

observer.com...

Something isn't right. The OBSERVER is owned by Jared Kushner?
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
That is strange

In January 2017, Jared Kushner announced he would sell his stake to a Kushner family trust, when he became a senior advisor to President Donald Trump.[10] Kushner's brother-in-law, Joseph Meyer, who has been the CEO of Observer Media Group since 2013, replaced him as publisher.

wikipedia

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: capncrunch88

Conservatives and those on the right have barely any MSM that is on their side and we still won the election, because we don't need the media and the propaganda, we have minds of our own. I made a living will, if I ever turn lib, it's time to put me out of my misery. In a lib condition, one does not even recognize one selfs own retardedness.

I'm married to an Educator (aka "a liberal"), so I perfectly understand where you're coming from. I'm liberal in a couple of areas, but mostly conservative.

What has me TOTALLY perplexed is why all Republicans/Conservatives in D.C. (Trump Admin/House/Senate) are allowing themselves to be totally phucked-over every day by the liberal media. You get the impression that they are WIMPS, or that someone in the media has black-mail material on them.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   

How do you control the media when it is independantly owned and run by just a few major corps? Being left of center is one thing, this progressive thing has gotten out of hand, it's not liberals, it's LIBS, and they are so extreme as to be dangerous.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: capncrunch88

I now see that there is more than one "Observer" publication. There's a big one in England too. But, the one that LucidParadox linked to won't let me read it unless I "White List" them. (i.e. turn off my Ad Blocker) I'm not that desperate. If the story was REAL, it would be big news in several publications...not just the Observer.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   

It's just hearsay about what Rogers 'supposedly' told his organization, according to 'sources' that don't want to be disclosed...

Not worth reading really.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: capncrunch88

How do you control the media when it is independantly owned and run by just a few major corps? Being left of center is one thing, this progressive thing has gotten out of hand, it's not liberals, it's LIBS, and they are so extreme as to be dangerous.

If Trump's lawyers were truly on his side, they would dig into the rules, laws, regulations, and slap the corporations who own the NYT/WaPo/CNN/MSNBC (for starters) with fines.

For instance, many people are unaware that it's illegal to have oral sex in 13 states. Likewise, there are not only Federal, but state laws governing corporations. Because there are so many, most are never enforced.

One FCC regulation which can be used to sap resources from CNN is the "Calm" act.
www.fcc.gov...
CNN plays its commercials LOUDLY. They can be fined for every day that they don't come into compliance.

There are lots of legal ways to punish the liberal MSM. The President's administration could start turning up the heat on them tomorrow, if they wanted to. I would hate to think that they aren't aware of the immense leverage they have as the head of the most powerful "syndicate" on the planet.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: JinMI

There is no real difference, except in the eyes of those who have an agenda.

One mans leaker is another's whistleblower.

I agree, trying to make a distinction between the two is really just being in denial. That said, I am pro leaks all around.

However, If you want to hear a liberal's view on leaks, it would sound something like this: The Podesta leaks were done by the Russians to undermine our Democracy. I have even found a report that said people in Eastern Europe were behind the "fake news" about pizza, too. Conservatives ate it all up, regardless of the fact that it was taken out of context and was meant to manipulate.
edit on 16amFri, 16 Jun 2017 01:33:12 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Bannon knows what he is doing, trust him. If they start charging the MSM, that's not going to go over well. Better to let them fall on their own swords, just like Hillaries campaign right? This will work out in the end, look at how many people are now aware of how biased the reporting actually is. More and more are awaking.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
The fake stories citing anonymous sources already dropped.

Mueller investogating Trump for obstruction - fake!

Mieller investigatigng Kushner - fake!

Rosenstein just debunked them both.

No he didn't.

They're likely real stories, what Rosenstein is doing is trying to convince the public that the leaks didn't come from the new special investigation; because once they start leaking like they already have, it's going to make this look like a political witch hunt (witch it is).

Rosenstein is trying to take down Trump.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: burntheships

He was assigned a special prosecutor for something that admittedly never happened.

There is no crime it makes no sense.

The blind leading the blind around here. No. He was not "assigned a special prosecutor for somethign that admittedly never happened."

That's probably why it doesn't make any sense to you. Here's the announcement from the DoJ and here is the PDF of Rosenstein's order. Here is the text:

APPOINTMENT OF SPECIAL COUNSEL
TO INVESTIGATE RUSSIAN INTERFERENCE WITH THE
2016 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION AND RELATED MATTERS

By virtue of the authority vested in me as Acting Attorney General, including 28 U.S.C. §§ 509, 510, and 515, in order to discharge my responsibility to provide supervision and management of the Department of Justice, and to ensure a full and thorough investigation of the Russian government's efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election, I hereby order as follows:

(a) Robert S. Mueller III is appointed to serve as Special Counsel for the United States Department of Justice.

(b) The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confirmed by then-FBI Director James B. Comey in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence on March 20, 2017, including:

(i) any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump; and

(ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and

(iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a).

(c) If the Special Counsel believes it is necessary and appropriate, the Special Counsel is authorized to prosecute federal crimes arising from the investigation of these matters.

(d) Sections 600.4 through 600.10 of Title 28 of the Code of Federal Regulations are applicable to the Special Counsel.

He's was appointed Special Counsel to continue the investigation into Russian meddling started by the FBI, except with an expanded scope. That scope includes "any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation." That would include the firing of James Comey.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So he can really investigate anything he wants? Just a question, but if something turns up on the dems, i dunno, say Comey leaked more info (not saying he did), but he could investigate that as well?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: capncrunch88

He can't investigate just "anything" — it would have to be directly or indirectly related in some way — but yes, he could investigate Comey if there's something to be investigated. However, Trump and friends calling Comey a "leaker" doesn't make it so. You've got a lot of rampant speculation and conjecture coming from the pro-Trump talking heads but it's unlikely they have enough specific information for more than an educated guess and Comey is no dummy.

As for Democrats, again, yes. The investigation is in no way limited to Trump associates or Republicans or anything of the sort. The possible collusion bit is only one aspect of the over all investigation. Contrary to what some of these posters believe:

1. Investigations aren't carried out because the investigators have a smoking gun. Does that even make sense? The purpose of the investigation is to look for and piece together the evidence. On that note, often there is no "smoking gun" — this ain't some one hour TV cop drama.

2. Whether or not there was any collusion or evidence of collusion, this investigation will be carried out. As I said and as the order clearly demonstrates, collusion is and has only ever been one aspect of the investigation.

So all these "no evidence bro!" and "Comey said no investigation so no collusion so no investigation witch hunt bro! Witch hunt!" comments aren't very well reasoned.

The irony here is that President Trump was never even a focus of the FBI investigation and had he just been able to not meddle, he probably wouldn't have been. Once he fired Comey and then blabbed to Lester Holt that he did it because of the investigation — completely contradicting the false narrative his own people were pushing — he all but insured he would come under investigation.

In fact, if any of these same folks were paying attention, they'd know that Chaffetz had called on the OIG to include the firing of Comey in the OIG's ongoing investigation of Comey, way back in May. Because that's what happens when you pull a stupid stunt like that and dime yourself out on national televison and to Russian diplomats.

This isn't a "deep state" soft coup, Donald Trump is digging a hole. The absurd part is that most people, including a good deal of folks like me on the Left, were really never convinced that Trump was involved in any collusion at all. But he can't seem to control himself. In fact, I'm pretty sure Rosenstein was all for playing ball as evidenced by his recommendation being used as a the official reason behind Comey's firing.

Then when Trump ran his mouth to Holt and blew up the narrative that Rosenstein was the lynchpin for, how did that make Rosenstein look? Like a stooge. Like he was in Trump's pocket, coordinating with Trump to drum up a cover for something untoward (e.g. obstruction). What else was he going to do at that point but appoint a Special Counsel.

I get that people have their political allegiances but some of this is just common sense stuff. Now all the drum beating by the Trump hardcore inner circle to can Mueller? It's just so dumb. Nobody outside of the Trump bubble will stand for it. Republicans in Congress will bail on Trump and that will be his downfall.

At any rate, I expect that the pressure will continue to ratchet up for Rosenstein to recuse himself because he wrote the recommendation that was used to cover for the firing of Comey and thanks to Trump's own inability to control his own mouth, everyone knows it. How can Rosenstein not recuse himself?

The writing is on the wall folks.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   

That is a great analysis, thank you. What about the people that say Mueller is in some kinda conflict because of his previous association with Comey? Any idea how long this investigation will take and does it affect the administrations ability to implement policy and govern?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard
a reply to: Chadwickus

So after a years of "unnamed sources" and leaks that never panned out to be real. You saying the comey leak is the leak that's true. Which is a memo, he wrote about a conversation he had. And comeys even said he didn't obstruct justice in the hearings. Not a recording or an official transcript but a memo from comeys memory. That hasn't been verified or leaked in its entirety. Like the thousands of wikileaks publications.

Gotcha.

Leaks that never panned out to be real? Hmmmmm... what position in the federal government does Flynn have currently? Why isn't Nunes heading up the House Intel investigation? Why is this Reality Winner chick in trouble?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   

What do you expect to come of this, honestly?

Collusion? While arguably unethical, not illegal by itself.
Some sort of voter fraud? Highly doubtful, but not impossible.

I keep hearing "obstruction of justice." Impairing an investigation of Russian collusion is not any sort of legal grounds as we both know.

For lack of better terms, this amounts to basically a discovery mission based upon the order to investigate.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Flynn has no positition in the governemnt right now, he might be in trouble.
Nunes, not sure about.
Reality Winner leaked some kinda documents i heard?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   
You are a horrible person, you don't know wtf you're talking about but you made up your mind already and refuse to see the truth and yet you try to act like a smart ass and imply its the same as podestas leaks!? You're crazy or stupid or both. Mr chadwickus.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join