It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I decided to oppose universal healthcare

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

That is not a source. A source looks like this:
Estimates of the reproduction number for seasonal, pandemic, and zoonotic influenza: a systematic review of the literature
bmcinfectdis.biomedcentral.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: Ohanka

I do not support eugenics. Eugenics is a sick practice. In Canada in the past it was advocated. Murder is not acceptable, anywhere in the world, not by anyone.

Well you say you're against eugenics but you've done nothing but make quasi-Darwinian arguments in favour of it the whole thread.

You don't have to be actively murdering people to have a eugenics program.

Incidentially i think that if you actively let children die of treatable disease because you view them as genetically inferior then it is murder.
edit on -050009pm6kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: seasonal

No because otherwise they pass that on and it changes the makeup of society because the proportion of people having it would increase, driving up the tax needed to save them.

link   

Universal healthcare goes against nature...

No it doesn't.

...and saves the weak using the money of the strong.

Having the money to pay for your own separate healthcare doesn't make you strong...
And being too poor to afford it doesn't make you weak...

Your logic is a disaster.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

These are what I would support. Free healthcare for the elderly. Free checkups. Free emergency care.

That's a start.

Keep going. Eventually you will get there.

link   

I'm in Canada and universal healthcare is very bad service. Hours of wait. Slow service. This is because of lack of competition.
If you need it quick, you get it quick and you don't go broke trying to pay for it.
Out of pocket costs for my cancer cure? $32 in parking costs. Works for me.

link   

Natural selection weeds out the weak to keep the weak few. This is not murder. This is simply nature. Because mutations are random, weak are born from strong all the time.
edit on 15-6-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I support any measure that is humane and does not go against nature.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

No because otherwise they pass that on and it changes the makeup of society because the proportion of people having it would increase, driving up the tax needed to save them.

You forgot maybe pass it on if the have kids.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Natural selection weeds out the weak to keep the weak few. This is not murder. This is simply nature. Because mutations are random, weak are born from strong all the time.

Natural selection doesn't always start at birth. If your heartless attitude manifest itself in some catastrophic Karma; don't come all crybaby to us.

Karma is mean sometimes....and hits your kids or wife or parents. You reap what you sow....Galatians 6:7

edit on 15-6-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

All you do is repeat this nonsense over and over.

What does strong and weak have to do with universal healthcare?

The divide is rich and poor. Bill Gates is pretty scrawny but I don't think he'd have problems paying for healthcare under your inhumane system.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Correct. People who have hemophilia may have kids who do not have hemophilia because genetic mutation can correct it, but it is extremely rare sine it is a point mutation, 1 out of billions chance.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

We are not in that situation that you seem to have fixated on.

It is unlawful to neglect a child that has, let's say asthma by withholding or not treating the very treatable condition.

link   

Universal healthcare costs tax to provide healthcare to everyone. If weak is few, it is possible. If weak becomes more, then more tax would be needed.

link   

So you are opposed to abortion, but in favor of eugenics, because poor specimens will cost the public more money?

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

If they have kids.

link   

The treatment of these kids should not be paid for by strangers. If their parents can't pay, then they should be adopted or orphaned.

link   

originally posted by: seasonal

No one is suggesting that medical be free.

U-healthcare is not free. There is a reason drugs in the UK are 2/3rds less than in the US.

The US is the #1 in cost, and number 37 in health outcomes. So if you have ever been to a Dr. in the US you are in fact a survivor. Perhaps even worthy of your natural selection.

Would it be true US medical consumer pays an exorbitant amount for R&D plus egregious profit due government inaction and rest of world skates without paying R&D costs because their government policy.

That's my understanding.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

I'm in Canada and universal healthcare is very bad service. Hours of wait. Slow service. This is because of lack of competition.
If you need it quick, you get it quick and you don't go broke trying to pay for it.
Out of pocket costs for my cancer cure? $32 in parking costs. Works for me.

Good for your Cancer Cure, with VA I don't even need to pay for parking. Glad you are once again healthy.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

If such diseases can be detected at the zygote or early embryo stage, then I would not oppose very early stage abortion. But late stage abortion is something I do not accept as the fetus is already developed.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join