It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I decided to oppose universal healthcare

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: BubbaJoe

No, I went to public school.

You seem to have a real problem between God's word and natural selection, really curious?

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Luckily for your imaginary kids, there are laws for the weak and or young to be protected from backwards religious beliefs.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
This video talks about universal healthcare in Canada

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

a reply to: Hazardous1408

Universal healthcare, unlike the other government social services, goes against natural law.

Who the hell cares about natural law? Humans conquered nature. We evolved to be more than mindless animals.

There is a reason we live in cities and in societies with orderly, organised hierarchical structures.

We no longer chase deer for food, eat berries directly from plants or sleep in trees.

If natural law reigned supreme the state shouldn't maintain a police force either. Why bother to protect the weak from the strong?
edit on -050008pm6kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Why would you not just terminate the pregnancy? TC23 is something that can easily be detected now before birth. if you visit a doctor, you could just spare yourself the trouble and allow your weak genetics to die off, and then vow to never conceive a child again due to bad genetics right?

Personally I am against termination of life pre-birth, but I do make exceptions

originally posted by: Ohanka
We no longer chase deer for food, eat berries from plants or sleep in trees.

Technically thats only really true for about two thirds of the worlds humans, and mostly in the Western world at that.

Try not to forget that billions of humans still live quite primitively on Earth, as nobody can control where they are born.
edit on 6-15-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I don't agree with abortion. I consider abortion murder.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: LightAssassin
a reply to: ClovenSky

And why is the obesity rate so high, Cloven?

ONE of the reasons is because the government has decided people are obese by fiat. I'm 5'11" tall and weigh 175-180 pounds. On the charts I am "borderline obese." Well, I'm 68 years old and I've gained a few pounds. When I was a senior in college I weighed 165, so I'm 10-15 pounds heavier after nearly 50 years and a "lifetime of temptation." But no one looking at me would consider me in the least "obese." It's just that the government has decided on "guidelines" to put you into categories. With all the anti "fat shaming" PC stuff going around ("I'm Plus Size and proud!") you'd think the bureaucrats would be ore sensitive, but the point is that this is yet another example of the government determining who is fat and who is not because some bureaucrats dictate reality to us.

This I understand, my active duty years, at 6' and 205 I was overweight. When I worked in the machine shop, I was the same 6' and 235, women thought I was a god. I got hurt, and VA got off my ass to lose weight, after I dropped below 205 again.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Your comments only apply to 'corrupt' government. A well run government could govern universal health care. Insurance companies certainly aren't any better than government.

When you've been in a country that has ACTUAL free healthcare, not the sham that the US has implemented, you'll will realise it's not that bad and still heads and shoulders above the US system.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

So what happens if people who are vulnerable to flu become 50% of the population, up from a small percentage today? Who can pay for universal healthcare?

Police is required because murder is not allowed because if the smart get murdered by the stupid then how will life evolve more intelligent so God understands Itself?
edit on 15-6-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Do you consider letting your child die because you won't take him to see a doctor murder too???

Nothing you're saying makes much sense. You seem to be using extreme opinion to try and justify yourself but I find it impossible to believe you based on other things you're saying.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I agree with your conclusion.

For me it comes down to being FORCED to pay into something that I may or may not need. I find the idea of forced taxes to pay for services to be a horrible idea. Government should not be charging people for services they don't want or need.

Why not free auto-insurance for everyone? Why not free home insurance for everyone? I firmly believe that if you choose to have insurance for something in life you pay for it by choice and as needed.

It shouldn't cost money just to be born.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Do you have a uterus? Why would you ever have to make that decision?

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

If a child has genetic disease or is vulnerable to disease genetically, then I don't think strangers should be forced to pay for his or her healthcare because it would be an infringement on the strangers.

link   

So what happens if people who are vulnerable to flu become 50% of the population, up from a small percentage today? Who can pay for universal healthcare?

Everyone pays. It is universal.

Everyone pays for the Army, everyone pays for the police, everyone pays for all the functions of the state.

what is your obsession with the flu? It's very easily treatable these days. I've had it more than once.

Also I'm not personally comfortable with the state letting 50% of the population die. That is genocide. There is not a single country on the planet that would do something so monstrous as let 1 out of every 2 of its citizens die.

link   

I love these threads. Brings out the person deep down in a lot of people. Negative mostly.

link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

If that is case, I wouldn't want to save my kids. I believe in natural selection.

Ok I've changed my mind...

That... is the most ungodly thing I've ever heard.

no F>>>ing kidding eye you seem to have ZERO empathy I recommend you not have any children

link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I agree with your conclusion.

For me it comes down to being FORCED to pay into something that I may or may not need. I find the idea of forced taxes to pay for services to be a horrible idea. Government should not be charging people for services they don't want or need.

Why not free auto-insurance for everyone? Why not free home insurance for everyone? I firmly believe that if you choose to have insurance for something in life you pay for it by choice and as needed.

It shouldn't cost money just to be born.

It doesn't happen often, but am going to agree with you.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

What is the deal with you and the flu?

Are you confusing the flu with the black death?

When someone gets the flu they are usually sick for a couple of days and then they are good to go.

Now the weak or old can be offed by the flu, and I know yo are OK with that. There are therapies to help someone get over it, even if they are weak.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Universal healthcare absolves the citizen of providing healthcare for their friends and families and others, leaving it to a government who sees human beings as statistics. With a slight of hand, these same people will say they care for others, but what they mean to say is they would rather pay a bit of their pay check so that they don't have to bother.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

The problem is universal healthcare would increase the proportion of people genetically vulnerable to disease. Defense, police, firefighters, garbage collectors, public schools, none of them cause any change in the makeup of society. Universal healthcare would.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join