It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I decided to oppose universal healthcare

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: Hazardous1408

God's law is natural law. Survival of the fittest. If it wasn't for survival of the fittest over the past hundreds of thousands of years, 99% of people would have to take medicine every single day, common flu would be lethal.

Actually, I think Gods Law is the opposite to survival of the fittest
If you read the bible, the earth currently belongs to Satan, so it is his laws and his domain.

In the bible where it talks about a new heaven and new earth with God owning it,
It also talks about the child, wolf and lamb will lie down next to each other without getting hurt.
That would be gods law
edit on 18-6-2017 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Perhaps we can all agree that the Babylonian money magic system just isn't working for anyone other than the super rich pedo-satanists...

If money wasn't a factor, this wouldn't be an issue.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

a reply to: Hazardous1408

Through mutation, weak individuals are born from strong individuals all the time. It is survival of the fittest that constantly weed out the weak and maintain a large proportion of strong in the population. To save the weak is going against God and nature. God creates sentient beings to know Itself. That is why through natural selection, life becomes more complex and more intelligent.

You mean Eugenics? Cause you're talking about Eugenics, granted a fast and loose way of implementing it but a spade is still a spade.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I equate healthcare to national security. Disease threatens far more American lives than any terrorist or foreign power. Disease is not only an existential threat to the United States, but to the continuity of the human species. Government's primary function is the protection of its people, it is obligated to protect life and liberty. The right to life is paramount before all other rights, liberty is predicated on life. Without life there can be no liberty. The primary purpose of healthcare is to prolong and maintain life, without healthcare, life cannot be sustained. What good is having the right to life without any protection of it? Government is obligated to provide such protection same as it is obligated to protect us militarily.
edit on 18-6-2017 by ChairmanMeow because: Typo

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
You are aware that a large percentage of patience in hospitals have nothing to do with the health of an individual, right?

There's a reason why vehicles cause so many deaths a year...

You act as if being healthy equals invincibility. That's absurd.

There are, in fact, many ways that a person can end up hospitalized, completely out of the hands of the genetic lottery or living a healthy lifestyle.

The fact that you care so little about anyone else in your country is also worrisome.

It seems as though you've put no thought into this argument, OP...

It's this very mentality that is the reason why the US trails far behind in the polls alongside other first world countries within so many important topics regarding the citizens of their countries and their wellbeing

edit on 18/6/17 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

edit on 18-6-2017 by starlitestarbright because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Ohanka

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Those who won't look after the weakest in society (re:" If some poor people have genetic disease and needs to see the doctor a lot, why should I be forced to pay for his health fees"), are no friend of humanity.

It borders on sociopathic to measure the health of your people with dollar signs.

Those who force others to look after them used to be called "massa" too.

In other words, if you compel others to do for you, you're no better than a slave owner.

Literally nobody will ever hold a gun to your head and force you to become a doctor or a nurse...

But you will hold a gun to my head and force to pay for you health care, just like you hold a gun to my head and force me to pay for kids to be educated, and hold a gun to my head and tell me how my kid *will* be educated and where when that doesn't leave me enough to pay for a private education out of my own pocket.

NO ONE makes you do anything, we all try to play by the rules set fourth by the majority which are believed to benefit the U.S.A. I suggest you move if you don't like the concept of majority rules.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

a reply to: seasonal

True, some people don't have kids, so they think, hmm, why is my tax dollars going to paying for other people's kids education.

I don't have kids and I have literally never had that thought. I don't mind helping to pay for other kids education because I don't want to live in a country with stupid people, it's bad enough already.....universal education benefits the U.S.A. and any suggestion otherwise should be treason.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ChairmanMeow

No it's not. The US government has measures for epidemics. Universal healthcare provide very basic things like checkups and flu shots. They don't even provide any surgeries. Middle class can afford drugs. Medicaid is needed only by the very poor who can't afford drugs.

Like I said, I would support universal healthcare only under the condition that everyone pays the same tax rate regardless of income. If it's a service for everyone, then the rich shouldn't foot the bill more so than the poor.
edit on 18-6-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Limbo

originally posted by: deadlyhope
a reply to: Metallicus

Heya metallicus.

Kinda funny ironic thing what you said.

"it shouldn't cost money just to be born"

It costs thousands up to tens of thousands, actually, to have a normal child birth at a hospital.

I didn't pay for it, because medicaid saved me and covered it..and thank God it did.

I'm never fully serious, but sometimes I think we should have a system - you choose not to let your money go towards public services, great.

You can't use public roads, you can't enjoy parks, fire trucks will let your house burn and just make sure others that are paying them get their fires put out.

Now, obviously that's just ridiculous, right?

Apply the same logic to Healthcare, and you'll see what people on the other side are saying.

You're already paying for those who can't pay... You just happen to be paying several times, or more, the actual worth of their care when compared to costs around the world.

So... Why not organize that chaos a little better and just make everyone covered?

Some thoughts..

The OPs personality type, His/her actions vs. consequences of others.
People are selfish by nature, they battle it out for control them vs us.
It just depends on how "triggered" they are by the force pressing back on you.

Perhaps the OP doesn't have much money?
Perhaps the OP has lots of money.
It goes on and on.

Why should his/her property be taken from him by force?

If the OP votes then he accepts he is going to be taxed.
if he doesn't vote then he/she can justify the fact that governments are tyranny.

Limbo

please excuse my ignorance ... what is it you are trying to say ? From my end I totally get where deadlyhope is coming from, what does univerals healthcare have to do with being taxed in your view ?

Well, I was trying to ascertain where the OP was coming from.
The reason behind the fact. What would make him think that way.
Let's say there's two people each are relative. They say "Oh I don't like universal health care"
the other says "Oh I love universal health care" There must be some pressures making them think that way.
Why is one wrong and the other right?

Would a psychopath have a different opinion on healthcare to a none psychopath?

Limbo

edit on 19-6-2017 by Limbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Every single person has the right to life, and therefore the right to live for as long as possible. Healthcare is the only form of defense against the greatest threats to life. Government is obligated to protect life. Government pays for its obligations to society as a whole through taxation. More taxes should be placed on individuals who would be least harmed by that burden, this typically means more wealthy individuals.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
We already pay plenty in taxes, so no new taxes should be required to cover for universal healthcare. Take the money away from some other BS dept. or useless grant that our tax money is already paying for and use it for healthcare.

F the insurance companies, let them find new careers. F big pharma who make only the suckers in the US pay their jacked up drug prices. Also, when a drug that has been working well for decades and it's patent is about to run out (therefore making it open to generics and competition from other manufacturers, etc) suddenly they come up with a new drug (that wasn't needed in the first place and is barely any different from the last one) so they can sucker or entice Dr.s to prescribe the new ridiculously expensive drug to their patients.

Stop making human misery an easy way to make so many rich. Like cancer treatment.

I've sort of gone on a rant. But the entire for profit system is full of crap. Everyone profiting from human misery. Even the BS big name non profit charities that raise umpteen billions to fund "cancer research" and 90% of that money raised really goes into paying for their big salaries.

What I'm really trying to say is there is simply no need to think we can not have a decent single payer system in the US. All the lame ass excuses were created by one of those industries I already mentioned to sucker us into continuing this broken system we currently have.

It's already not that f'ng great, don't believe the hype. We already have death panels (the insurance companies). And there was a time, not even that long ago where health insurance wasn't necessary to see a doctor, you could actually pay out of pocket and it wouldn't bankrupt you.

End of rant. Basically I'm sick of the excuses for not having decent, affordable health care in the US. Even if we went strictly to a marketplace with no insurance coverage at all, we could do better than this

The whole US system is about $$$. And with all the taxes we already pay (too much), it is absurd we don't already have a single payer system.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
We already pay plenty in taxes, so no new taxes should be required to cover for universal healthcare. Take the money away from some other BS dept. or useless grant that our tax money is already paying for and use it for healthcare.

F the insurance companies, let them find new careers. F big pharma who make only the suckers in the US pay their jacked up drug prices. Also, when a drug that has been working well for decades and it's patent is about to run out (therefore making it open to generics and competition from other manufacturers, etc) suddenly they come up with a new drug (that wasn't needed in the first place and is barely any different from the last one) so they can sucker or entice Dr.s to prescribe the new ridiculously expensive drug to their patients.

Stop making human misery an easy way to make so many rich. Like cancer treatment.

I've sort of gone on a rant. But the entire for profit system is full of crap. Everyone profiting from human misery. Even the BS big name non profit charities that raise umpteen billions to fund "cancer research" and 90% of that money raised really goes into paying for their big salaries.

What I'm really trying to say is there is simply no need to think we can not have a decent single payer system in the US. All the lame ass excuses were created by one of those industries I already mentioned to sucker us into continuing this broken system we currently have.

It's already not that f'ng great, don't believe the hype. We already have death panels (the insurance companies). And there was a time, not even that long ago where health insurance wasn't necessary to see a doctor, you could actually pay out of pocket and it wouldn't bankrupt you.

End of rant. Basically I'm sick of the excuses for not having decent, affordable health care in the US. Even if we went strictly to a marketplace with no insurance coverage at all, we could do better than this

The whole US system is about $$$. And with all the taxes we already pay (too much), it is absurd we don't already have a single payer system.

Even if it was a rant, it was perfectly executed and put. It's all completely true.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join