It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I decided to oppose universal healthcare

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: BubbaJoe

If such diseases can be detected at the zygote or early embryo stage, then I would not oppose very early stage abortion. But late stage abortion is something I do not accept as the fetus is already developed.

Most in the pro choice camp do not like late term abortions.

You come across as an individual with a very limited education, your arguments make little if any sense.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

The medical system as a whole will not work if there are a bunch of "weak".

It matters not if it is for profit or U-health care.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

a reply to: seasonal

The treatment of these kids should not be paid for by strangers. If their parents can't pay, then they should be adopted or orphaned.

Okay that's basically just evil for the sake of evil.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

That is what we are told.

It is not the case that all the medicines come from lab coat scientists at Bayer.

Colleges, grants and the govt fund ALOT of the research.

A possible reason for lower cost is the fact that there is a negotiation to the price due to a single payer system. Odd that lack of competition may lead to lower costs.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

a reply to: seasonal

The treatment of these kids should not be paid for by strangers. If their parents can't pay, then they should be adopted or orphaned.

Okay that's basically just evil for the sake of evil.

Yes we are basically dealing with a psychopath who needs help?

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The main point of universal healthcare, from a theoretical point of view, is that it will over time increase the proportion of society vulnerable to diseases, and it will never decrease the proportion of society vulnerable to diseases, therefore weakening the gene pool of society, over time leading to higher taxes needed to maintain this system.

Already we are seeing a weakening of the gene pool compared to even just a few decades ago. People are generally not as healthy today as compared to even just a few decades ago.
edit on 15-6-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

If such diseases can be detected at the zygote or early embryo stage, then I would not oppose very early stage abortion. But late stage abortion is something I do not accept as the fetus is already developed.

You said you were against eugenics, yet you posted the above? That's literally eugenics.

Eugenics definition

the study of or belief in the possibility of improving the qualities of the human species or a human population, especially by such means as discouraging reproduction by persons having genetic defects or presumed to have inheritable undesirable traits (negative eugenics) or encouraging reproduction by persons presumed to have inheritable desirable traits

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

The main point of universal healthcare, from a theoretical point of view, is that it will over time increase the proportion of society vulnerable to diseases, and it will never decrease the proportion of society vulnerable to diseases, therefore weakening the gene pool of society, over time leading to higher taxes needed to maintain this system.

Do you have a source for this information?

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Where are you getting the info from.

Who's main point?

And who's theory. If it is yours, say it is and own it.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Theoretically, under universal healthcare, those who would have perished at the hands of natural selection are saved, which over time, increases their share in society. Natural selection would have maintained weak few. It is expected, from a theoretical standpoint, that weak would increase with universal healthcare.

Compare today's society with just a few decades ago, people are less healthy due to advancements in medicines that saved a lot of people that wouldn't have made it in the past.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Eugenics actively murder those perceived as weak. I oppose murder of any kind. I simply oppose paying for the healthcare of strangers who can't afford it themselves.
edit on 15-6-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Eugenics actively murder those perceived as weak. I oppose murder of any kind.

I just gave you a direct quote from the dictionary. What you're calling for IS eugenics.
edit on 1562017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I wouldn't hurt a fly. Every life is God's creation. Every life is sacred. I simply oppose paying for strangers healthcare fees when they can't afford to pay themselves.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I wouldn't hurt a fly. Every life is God's creation. Every life is sacred. I simply oppose paying for strangers healthcare fees when they can't afford to pay themselves.

And let the defective one die so the "genetically superior" can live.

That's eugenics.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

So you're just unbelievably selfish?

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

I work hard to earn every cent. Why should I pay for someone else's healthcare?

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

If they live or die, that is up to nature, not up to me.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

If they live or die, that is up to nature, not up to me.

By limiting breeding and not helping the sick when you have the means.

In other words, eugenics.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Nop. That's up to nature. For every person, there are trillions of bacteria. The weak are killed by nature, not by me. I wouldn't want to pay for someone else's healthcare with my hard earned money. It's not fair.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

a reply to: Ohanka

I work hard to earn every cent. Why should I pay for someone else's healthcare?

So what you're saying is, the poor should die?
Not the weak as you have been claiming?

Or are you still of the (foolish) mindset that money makes one healthy and strong?

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join