It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Now My Cat Is Having Seizures

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: ketsuko
Did you put a flea treatment on your cat? The reason I ask is that my brother gave one to his cat and didn't notice that it was for dogs. The kind for dogs is toxic to cats. His cat had the same symptoms you described.

Want to say too that I think this is a very important observation. DO NOT use off brands or incorrect dosages of this.

Indeed. I want to point out namely pyrethrins, often used in flea treatments for dogs, is extremely toxic to cats, really should not be used. I have seen it on commercial cat flea bath/dip products in smaller dosages, would take caution even there and have guidance from a Vet.
edit on 15-6-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Their is company's making CBD animal treats if the seizures aren't caused by your cat getting into something that is something you can look into to alleviate the symptoms just be sure it's pure cbd if their is thc in it you are going to have a comatose cat laying their for a day or two while you have to clean up the mess seen it happen to two 100 pound dogs no fun at all... anyways hope your cat feels better

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: HaurusTheShaman

I have cats and dogs..sorry to hear about your cat (((((hugs))))))) please come back with an update and let us know

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
That sucks, and as rough as it will be to hear, you probably need to prepare yourself...

Last year my cat, who was about 13 years old, started acting similar to yours, but a little more dramatic. I woke up on the morning of my birthday no less, to him cowering under a shelf, his eye were dilated and he was growling for no reason. I've lived alone for 4 years, with no other animals. He'd always been a cool, relaxed cat (except for when he'd take a dump, afterwards he'd always sprint across the walls like his tail was on fire, lol). I tried a bunch of stuff to calm him down, see if it'd pass, but it kept getting worse. He'd freakout for no reason and go hide somewhere, then he started limping, he'd limp over exhausted after getting a break from whatever the hell was bothering him, and just start meowing real weak.

I took him to a vet a couple days later, they ran tests, didn't find anything, brought him home and he just kept goin down hill, I took him back and they kept him overnight, ran some xrays and did an ultra sound, found nothing, but concluded that all his symptoms pointed towards a tumor near or on his spine. I had to put him to sleep the next day.

Still not really over it, I had that big fat garfield for over a decade, he'd moved with me about a dozen times across 3 states. When times were bad, and life was hard, I always had my buddy. The ultimate lap cat, always clung to me like velcro. Every night when I went to sleep, he'd crawl up in my arm pit, lay his head on my shoulder and throw a paw across my chest. It was like losing a little brother.

Just remember they were here for a reason. Our pets are natures way of reaching into our homes, lives and family and loving us. Loving us deliberately, with a mutual unspoken purpose.
edit on 15-6-2017 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I'm really sorry to hear this Ketsuko! I do hope these seizures were part of an anomalous episode and that he will be fine,best wishes for the furry one and you,really hope he will be okay

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I just read this thread, so sorry to hear about this Kets.

Please update us when you get any news from the vet.

Thoughts and prayers with you and yours....

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Cat's can be infected with Bartonella and Babesia. The same pathogens common to lyme disease, transmitted by fleas.

Get a Babesia and Bartonella test...Why you might also be protecting yourself.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
How sad! It brings up very painful memories for me. I had a big black cat named Caesar, who had shown up on my doorstep one day at a time I had been scanning ads for kittens. It was like we were meant for each other. He used to sleep with me in bed. Had him many years, and one day he started having seizures. It got worse and worse, until one day we came home to find him lying on his side and spinning around and around on the floor, like he was running sideways.

Turned out he had an infected cyst, and the bacteria went to his brain. We had to put him down. I held him as he died and cried my eyes out. It was horrible. I especially felt bad for not putting him down earlier, before it got so bad.
edit on 16-6-2017 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty! I will check in for up-dates. Prayers and much love for Teddy.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

That is very heartbreaking,so sorry to hear,Bluesma.But you gave him many years of love and happiness.I have a belief that may seem strange to most people but i really feel this is true- reincarnation - our beloved animals follow us from lifetime to lifetime.That is the reason,i believe,why,whilst we love all the animal companions that come into our lives,there are the few we have bone marrow deep connections with,the ones we never get over after they pass.Well that is how i feel,what i have come to believe.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Any updates Kets?

Hope Teddy is doing ok

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Apparently Bobcat Disease is on the rise this year. I know your cat doesn't go outdoors but, is it possible tat a tick may have hitched a ride inside?
Hoping your cat has recovered.
If it was the disease, it is found that it is not always a death sentence for the cat.
www.local8now.com...

"Actually the last three years we've seen an uptick [in Bobcat Fever]," Locklar explained. "Used to, you'd see one or two cases a summer. Now we're actually starting to see in the 20s." Bobcat Fever is almost always fatal in domestic cats. "It injects those organisms into their blood stream, that organism attaches to the red blood cells and causes them to lice," Locklar explained.

From a 2013 article:
www.sciencedaily.com...

Tick expert Michael Dryden, university distinguished professor of diagnostic medicine and pathobiology at Kansas State University, tracks the lone star tick and says they are mainly found in eastern Kansas and in the Southeastern states. So far, he has not found any lone star ticks west of Clay Center, Kan., but he expects its territory will expand.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Any updates on the cat?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Taurine can be used to treate seizures, but that shouldn't be a problem because taurine is required to be added to cat food I thought. It is heat liable so it is destroyed in the processing of cat food. Too much fish can cause seizure like problems, they get deficient in manganese and sometimes thiamine. Both are needed by cats. A simple cat vitamin will supply those if that is the case.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join