It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin trolls Comey, offers him asylum for being a leaker

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Say what you will about Putin, he definitely knows how to troll.

Vladimir Putin trolled the US on Thursday, when speaking in a live call-in show with the Russian nation, the Russian president likened Comey to Edward Snowden, who was granted asylum in Russia in 2013, and scoffed at James Comey's disclosure of his conversations with U.S. President Donald Trump, saying the move has made Comey eligible for political asylum in Russia.

"It looks weird when the chief of a security agency records his conversation with the commander-in-chief and then hands it over to media via his friend," Putin was quoted by Russia's Tass. “This is strange. What is the difference then between the FBI director and Mr. Snowden? He is not a head of the special services, but a human rights activist.”

The trolling concluded when Putin said that "by the way, if he (Comey) is subject to any sort of persecution in connection with this, we will be ready to give him political asylum in Russia. And he should know about this."

www.zerohedge.com...

In addition to this, he makes a couple good points about the US efforts to influence other elections.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I can see it now, Steven Segal and James Comey drinking a cold one in the tundra.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Russia should open their invitation to Mueller and his Clintonites donors too.

Because the leaks has not stop, WPO have now exclusives from the Mueller's team.

I wonder who is going to go after them. hum.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Masterfully done... I picture Putin with a sinister smile when he thought this up

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
You've got to give the devil his due: Putin is a master at trolling his opponents

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Quality - the world really is laughing at the US media and the govt. What a sh** show, all driven from an extremely butt hurt group of people who didn't get their way.

My young nephew threw his xbox controller against the wall when he lost a game of FIFA recently - when I saw him do it I got a great picture of exactly what the left have been doing day in day out.
edit on 15/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Vlad deserves a chair, at the player's ball. Iron pimp fist, in a glove of the finest siberian fox wool.

Would he be Chavez'ed, if he had his own show?

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I mean come on....

This is so blatant and "in your face" and the right still refuses to see that Trump and Russia are in bed?

What will it take?

Putin.. as the thread states, and as is clearly obvious is commedically trolling an American Trump adversary. He's doing it because he knows there's nothing we can do to stop him and Donald at this point.

Even when we prove collusion the Trumpledites will somehow spin it in a positive way and say it was some sort of savvy business move.

I hope you right wingers realize that Putin is rubbing the fact that he helped away our election right in our faces by doing this.

+20 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
I mean come on....

This is so blatant and "in your face" and the right still refuses to see that Trump and Russia are in bed?

What will it take?

Putin.. as the thread states, and as is clearly obvious is commedically trolling an American Trump adversary. He's doing it because he knows there's nothing we can do to stop him and Donald at this point.

Even when we prove collusion the Trumpledites will somehow spin it in a positive way and say it was some sort of savvy business move.

I hope you right wingers realize that Putin is rubbing the fact that he helped away our election right in our faces by doing this.

Hahahahaha!!!!

Post of the day for sure!

Yes, Putins joke proves Trump is in bed with Russia!

Hahaha!

And then, you go even further, by claiming you are going to prove Trump/Russian collusion! You know, that fake story that even the MSM is moving on from?

Perhaps you missed your talking points. Its all about obstruction of justice this week.

Great post!

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Comey doesn't need Asylum, Mueller has his 6...

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Say what you will about Putin, he definitely knows how to troll.

I have a lot of respect for Putin. He puts his own country first and faces challenges with a measured pragmatism. Also, he is pretty damn funny and tells it how it really is...something our politicians would never do.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Masterfully done... I picture Putin with a sinister smile when he thought this up

Yep, sitting on a lion, gently stroking its head.

Because....
I can't see him with a domestic cat on his lap.
edit on b000000302017-06-15T14:23:50-05:0002America/ChicagoThu, 15 Jun 2017 14:23:50 -0500200000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I get folks sticking up for Trump but what I don't really understand is how easily Putin is normalized by a group that drags out the pitchforks for Clinton at the drop of a hat.

Would you ever see somebody say, "Hey, say what you will about that guy Hitler but he's got one helluva sense of humor?" Granted, in the grand scheme of things, Putin isn't in the top 10 of murderous autocrats but on any point that could ever be made about Clinton, Putin is exponentially worse.

And I'm honestly not directing this at you specifically as I haven't known you to fawn over Putin, but in general, there seems to be a mind-boggling soft spot for the guy among Trump supporters.

Is it a roundabout way of dismissing Trump's fawning over Putin or maybe dismissing the threat he poses?

I have to wonder if any of you are familiar with Foundations of Geopolitics and what it indicates about Putin's agenda?

It's worth a look at if you're unfamiliar. There's a summary of some of the main points at Wikipedia.

Say "Cloward–Piven" around here — a strategy which is not influential in American politics aside from being an whippd out to "prove" that some thing or another is actually part of a sinister "agenda" — or worse, "Agenda 21," and people will start regurgitating rants they picked up from blogs and talk radio. Yet when it comes to Russia, giant blind spot.

edit on 2017-6-15 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I have a lot of respect for Putin.

Why would anyone respect a Russia mafiaso billionaire oligarch ?

That's a hare above an American politician.

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I get folks sticking up for Trump but what I don't really understand is how easily Putin is normalized by a group that drags out the pitchforks for Clinton at the drop of a hat.

Because Putin would admit he has a server in his closet, uses his name for advantageous opportunities and could care less what you think about his speaking fees.

HRC will deny it all even on her deathbed.

Keeping it real matters to most and carries some respect.

You're a bright guy, surprised that had to be explained to you.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I iwll not celebrate Putin, and I never have.

I will admit ignorance on him in general, as I have never looked into him much. But he seems like someone who is a control freak, and is bad for human rights.

Assad also sounds very bad, so did Ghadafi.

But what is the counter, to go to war with him? To blame him for everything because he is a bad guy?

I don't buy that.

I dislike Hillary and Obama, and have laughed at things they have said, and have even found them charming in their speech at times.

Im sure you believe me, but look at my posts on the DNC and how great of a speaker I found Obama to be.

Is Putin worse than those people, I don't know.

But I am not buddying with Putin like Trudeau and other with Castro. I am not chilling with the Saudis like our leaders.

So I see no problem laughing at Putins trolling.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Maybe because at the end of the day screwing over some other country isn't as bad as when someone screws with the observer's country. Kinda like Putin putting more Russians in a bread line isn't as bad as Obama putting more Americans on welfare from an American's point of view. Or Putin doing shady dealings versus Hillary doing shady dealings.

Perspective...plus outside observers typically enjoy seeing the middle finger artfully flipped. The Germans even have a word for it schadenfreude.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Worshipping and romanticiIng despots is the sole dominion of the left...

Anyone who thinks Hillary would've been tougher on Russia than Trump is a fool...

-Chris

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I watched it live last night on RT.

It's no wonder Bush and Obama were out of their league dealing with him. Putin is engaged in the deep-state exposure agenda and anyone who has listened to him speak can clearly hear this in his words - he said it himself, it's irrelevant who the President of the US is - the military/industrial complex agenda continues.

Surely none of us here at ATS are surprised by these words from Putin - they are straight from the pages of ATS.
edit on 15-6-2017 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Good job trolling our POTUS, Mr. Putin. Trump is way out of the league with Putin for sure, or any US politicians for that matter.

Putin is one of the few world leaders who don't bend over backwards to Saudi king and participate in ball touching events. After that incident, if people are still supporting a Saudi puppet as a their savior, they are getting screwed big time. Time will tell if more US troops will get killed in ME than previous admin.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join