It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CEOs to Trump: You're failing

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Wow. Well done OP. A country split down the middle and more divisive than ever has 50% of CEO's that think Trump is failing. I think you really did a deep dive and cracked the whole thing wide open.

Great work.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: caf1550

It's not about 'common sense'. I've made a very comfortable living doing statistical analysis for over 30yrs and I've got people throwing nonsense at me. I didn't say whether 125 was a representative sample size because I do not know the precise size of the population from which they were drawn. If it was the Fortune 500 then absolutely. Fortune 1000, yes. If it included CEO's down to the level of Joey's Garage, then probably not. But having some asshat try to make this sound like it's based on the national population is ludicrous and ignorant in the extreme.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Well from context clues and since you seem to be at least educated you should be able to deduce that it is CEO's, it never mentions Fortune 500 or Fortune 1000, so using context clues you can assume they are talking a wide range of CEO's from various businesses across the country and probably the world. It is actually about common sense, because someone who says they have made a comfortable living doing stats over 30 years should be able to realize that the size of this survey/poll compared to the amount of actual people holding that job title is still quite small.

CEOs

Who attends the Yale CEO summit

That is only a brief glimpse into who attends the annual summit.
edit on 15-6-2017 by caf1550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Haven't you noticed? Political tabloid garbage is all the rage here lately. I've seen many of the same threads aimed in the other direction towards liberals and Obama/Clinton.

If you don't like political tabloid garbage then you may as well get used to it then, I don't think it's going anywhere unfortunately.
edit on 6/15/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

CEO Summit Features
Invitation-only
Top Management of great global icons (Ford, UPS, Verizon, PepsiCo, Dow, State Farm, Blackstone, IBM, Dell, Morgan Stanley, Honeywell)
Participants are Chairmen, Presidents, CEOs
Leading scholars (Yale, Harvard, Wharton, Columbia, Emory)

The CEO Summit draws C-suite executives, government officials, journalists, military officers, diplomats, and other leaders.

Participants in previous CEO Summits have included:

David Abney of UPS; Adam Aron of AMC Entertainment; George Barrett of Cardinal Health; Jeff Bewkes of Time Warner; Frank Blake of Home Depot; Lloyd Blankfein of Goldman Sachs; Jim Chanos of Kynikos Associates; Ken Chenault of American Express; Ian Cook of Colgate-Palmolive; Roger Crandall of MassMutual; Jamie Dimon of JPMorgan Chase; Mickey Drexler of J Crew; Cathy Engelbert of Deloitte; Mark Fields of Ford; Ken Frazier of Merck; Rick Goings of Tupperware; Hank Greenberg of CV Starr & Co.; Bob Iger of Walt Disney; Jeff Immelt of GE; Tom James of Raymond James; Klaus Kleinfeld of Alcoa; Ellen Kullman of DuPont; John Legere of T-Mobile; Andrew Liveris of Dow; Dan Loeb of Third Point; John Lundgren of Stanley Black & Decker; Terry Lundgren of Macy’s; Reuben Mark of Colgate-Palmolive; Lowell McAdam of Verizon; Jim McNerney of Boeing; Stuart Miller of Lennar; Alan Mulally of Ford; Anne Mulcahy of Xerox; Indra Nooyi of PepsiCo; Bill Nuti of NCR; Steve Odland of the Committee for Economic Development; Nels Olson of Korn Ferry; Larry Page of Alphabet; Nick Pinchuk of Snap-on; Tom Quinlan of RR Donnelley; Ginni Rometty of IBM; Wilbur Ross of WL Ross & Co.; Steve Schwarzman of Blackstone; Randall Stephenson of AT&T; David Stern of the NBA; Lynn Tilton of Patriarch Partners; Mike Ullman of JCPenney; as well as government leaders like US Secretary of Defense Ashton Carter; US Secretary of Transportation Anthony Foxx; US Secretary of Health & Human Services Sylvia Matthews Burwell; 24th US Secretary of Labor Elaine Chao; pay czar Ken Feinberg; Judge Jed Rakoff of New York’s Southern District; Senior Judge Douglas Ginsburg of US Court of Appeals, DC Circuit; 12th Chairman of the Federal Reserve, Paul Volcker; former SEC chiefs Richard Breeden and Bill Donaldson; US Ambassador to China Max Baucus; and Australia’s 26th Prime Minister, Kevin Rudd as well as US Senators: Mitch McConnell, Chuck Schumer, John McCain, Joe Manchin, Chris Murphy, Chris Coons, and Mike Bennet, and CNBC anchors: Jim Cramer, Michelle Caruso-Cabrera, Kelly Evans, David Faber, Tyler Mathisen, Becky Quick, and Andrew Ross Sorkin.

edit on 15-6-2017 by jtma508 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

So you offer nothing to what I stated, instead you just post the same thing I posted and then people who previously attended other Yale Summits...So instead of continuing the debate we were having or maybe I don't know trying to counter anything I said you did what, nothing. Nothing you just posted proves or disproves anything I just said because it is the exact same thing I posted...Well done...

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

It's your habit to directly attack the member who authors any anti trump thread.
I've noticed this about you.
You never address the subject just the fact that the member posted an anti- trump thread.

You say they are bitter or they should stop posting or like here should get air.

Just letting you know that it's been noticed.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

It wasn't a national poll. It was a group of CEOs.
Business men, masters of the universe like trump imagines himself to be.
They should be able to spot the excellent business management skills to which trump has been associated.
They don't see them.
Because they don't exist.
Trump cheated and robbed himself to where he is and now he's treating the presidency like an acquisition instead of a civil servant position.
Trumps business skills run more along the lines of La Cosa Nostra than fortune 500.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

You mean nonsense like an attack on our country by a foreign adversary?
That kind of bogging down that our fearless leader who is sworn to protect us has denied even happened?
Is that the kind of bogging down you mean?
Yeah
What a shame they won't let that go huh?

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Use your words honey.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I think you may have me mistaken for somebody else Silly. Go through my history and show me when was the last time I called an OP bitter or told them to stop posting, or find me the last time I even attacked an OP ? I may leave a snarky comment, but it's never disrespectful or an attack on the OP.

My comment on this thread was clearly a joke. In case you missed it, OP posted back to back threads and in both of them combined he has about 100 capitalized words. His title was even all in CAPS before a mod edited it.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

No. I did that intentionally because it appeared you didn't look at your own sources. Let me re-cap the trajectory of this thread --- or at least my involvement in it:

Background:

Donald Trump sold himself to the American people and arguably the world as being the consummate businessman. He repeatedly made claims about his business success and negotiating prowess throughout the campaign and since taking office. He claimed that he would leverage his unparalleled business expertise and negotiating skills to MAGA the crap out of us.

1. Annually, Yale holds a prestigious CEO Summit wherein top CEOs come together to discuss a range of issues that impact business. These are hand-picks, invitation only CEO's and, based upon my perusal of the attendee lists, are mostly Fortune 1000 and Fortune 500. Top of their class, so to speak. These are highly accomplished business professionals running some of the largest and most successful organizations in the country. Not the 'CEO' of a local laudromat.

2. At said conference, 125 CEOs were asked to grade Trump's performance as President. They pretty much universally panned his performance.

3. A poster seized on the 125 participants and attempted to make the case that 125 is not enough to represent the opinion of the 300 million Americans. I attempted to point out that the Yale poll was NOT a public opinion poll and that given the actual population from which the sample was taken, CEO's, it may very well be a valid sample --- depending upon the actual definition of the population (e.g., all CEO's or CEO's above a certain level). I was then assailed, with abundant vitriol, for being too dense to 'get' the fact that none of that mattered.

4. Then another poster made some ludicrous example of sampling the population of NYC to determine that every New Yorker hated the Red Sox. It was an idiotic example and hardly worthy of any response but I pointed out the sample size that the poster mentioned would not be significant given the population of NYC.

5. Next came someone who accused me of trolling because 'I should know' that it would require 1,000 respondents to be significant. I asked for how he arrived at that number but there was only crickets. Apparently, 1,000 is some new statistical magic number.

6. Then came comments suggesting that there are way too many CEOs for 125 to be meaningful. But as you and I both know, these are not just 'any' CEOs. Clearly, if the 125 attendees were mostly from Fortune 1000 companies as they appear to be, then 125 would be a robust sample size by any measure.

The Bottom Line:

What we have is 125 CEO's of the top-performing, most successful organizations in the country assessing the performance of a 'peer' --- I'm being generous with that characterization. These are people with the expertise and insight to be in the very best position to assess such performance. They know how large businesses run. And again, Donald has been selling himself on his ability to use those very same skills to MAGA. And these 125, top-tier CEO's are saying Trump is failing, plain and simple.

An Analogy:

Let's say we have some middle-level college basketball player who winds-up winning a coaching position for an NBA team. A conference is held where 125 current NBA All-Pro players are asked to assess the performance of said new coach. Their collective opinion wouldn't be credible? Come on.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
What a pointless liberal hit piece article. Trump is failing a few months into the job. LMAO. Maybe if he could actually get work done instead of being hounded with completely fabricated news stories about Russia and obstruction bs.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi
Everything that questions Trump is a 'hit piece'. Face it, most of Trump's problems he brings on himself. As far as the opinion of these very well-heeled CEO's is concerned, you have Trump telling everyone that he is killing this job. Setting historical precedent with how well he is doing. Yet highly qualified people are saying he's failing. This is an Emperor Has No Clothes situation. Maybe if he was a bit more self-aware he might do a better job.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
Well, Breitbart if FAILING because they're MAINSTREAM now too. They even have WH press credentials! Same with Infowars I guess.

So it's ALL MSM now!!!

You seriously have no idea what's happening do you? Don't bother answering that question, it's rhetorical.
edit on 16-6-2017 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

You mean nonsense like an attack on our country by a foreign adversary?
That kind of bogging down that our fearless leader who is sworn to protect us has denied even happened?
Is that the kind of bogging down you mean?
Yeah
What a shame they won't let that go huh?

You must've replied to the wrong poster.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join