It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie the hypocrite; blamed right wing rhetoric in Gifford shooting

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
existing thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: Grambler

Jared Loughner, there was a time when he was member in ATS.......

As for his political views:

Ultimately, the network determined, “It seems illegitimate to tie Loughner to the mainstream right or mainstream left, as his beliefs were well within the realm of the fringe. Indeed, Loughner appears to have simply been a disturbed individual who lacked a coherent political philosophy other than a deep-seated anti-government sentiment.”

heavy.com... -palin/

Poo bear likes HONEY.

Santa Claus isn't the only one who makes lists.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I guess I fail to see what point youre trying to make as I dont see his 2 statements as conflicting at all.

He remarked that there was a terrible tragedy, and that it was horrific and that its not condoned.

He also said the reason for this occurring is due to the political climate and oppressive right wing policies and rhetoric.

There is nothing about those 2 things that conflict eachother.

There is a reason thaty every bad thing happens. Just because you call out the "cause" to the "effect" doesnt mean you support the "effect." It just means you understand how humans in general operate.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

And the you start to look closer, and it turns out he is just another politician that will be a hypocrite when it suits him.

Some more than others. I'm confused about how I should feel about the hypocrisy of american polititions.
We have nothing else to choose from, at least right now. Unless you can point me to some true honest politions,
ones that put country before personal gain, then we have to admit that we must elect a hypocrite. I don't like it
but it would seem my only other choice is to not vote. Not voting just feels like giving up.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Seems like Bernie has been in the crosshairs a lot this week, could you guys finally be moving on from Clinton? God I hope so, at least with Bernie there's some kind of defense for him seeing as how he has been one of the most consistently anti-establishment politicians for decades now.

Maybe Bernie actually is just another stooge for those in power and in all honesty I don't care because his message makes sense.

Yeah, having one of your campaign workers shoot up a bunch of political opponents and then be proven a hypocrite about your reaction to it will put you in the spotlight.

And aren't you the one who is always going on about how both sides are the same? Yet you think the Bernie, Mr. Hillary supporter is somehow outside of that?

For shame.

He did not "have one of his campaign workers shoot up a bunch of people" And you know that's true.

edit: I hope you ment that in the , it was fortunate that it happened , and not , he made it happen.
edit on 15-6-2017 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Seems like Bernie has been in the crosshairs a lot this week, could you guys finally be moving on from Clinton? God I hope so, at least with Bernie there's some kind of defense for him seeing as how he has been one of the most consistently anti-establishment politicians for decades now.

Maybe Bernie actually is just another stooge for those in power and in all honesty I don't care because his message makes sense.

Yeah, having one of your campaign workers shoot up a bunch of political opponents and then be proven a hypocrite about your reaction to it will put you in the spotlight.

And aren't you the one who is always going on about how both sides are the same? Yet you think the Bernie, Mr. Hillary supporter is somehow outside of that?

For shame.

He did not "have one of his campaign workers shoot up a bunch of people" And you know that's true.

edit: I hope you ment that in the , it was fortunate that it happened , and not , he made it happen.

Of course I am not saying he made it happen!

In fact, if you read my posts on this incident, I made it clear that I do not blame anyone but the shooter for these actions.

I was merely pointing out that having someone that works on your campaign shoot people will probably get your name in the news.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
existing thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Um no, that thread does not in any way mention Bernie's statements after the Gifford shooting.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

I guess I fail to see what point youre trying to make as I dont see his 2 statements as conflicting at all.

He remarked that there was a terrible tragedy, and that it was horrific and that its not condoned.

He also said the reason for this occurring is due to the political climate and oppressive right wing policies and rhetoric.

There is nothing about those 2 things that conflict eachother.

There is a reason thaty every bad thing happens. Just because you call out the "cause" to the "effect" doesnt mean you support the "effect." It just means you understand how humans in general operate.

Take out party affiliations and you will see the difference.

Shooting #1. "I condemn this action, and even though my opponents condemn it, thats not enough! It was their sides rhetoric that caused this, and they need to denounce it!

Shooting #2. "I condemn this".

I can't believe you can't see this hypocrisy.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

To be fair. Hillary didn't ask. She, along with her cohort DWS, stole the nomination.

He got screwed like everyone else. Then got tossed a consolation prize.
edit on 15-6-2017 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Yeah I figured that's why i I made the edit. I posted before I had time to think about what I had just read.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

The hateful rhetoric from both sides needs to stop.

There was NEVER the kind of political hate and racial discontent in the '70s, '80s and '90s that we are experiencing now. People just got along now insanity ensues if you simply disagree with someone.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Yeah I figured that's why i I made the edit. I posted before I had time to think about what I had just read.

No worries. I worded it poorly so I can see how it could have been confusing.

I am glad you pointed it out so I could make myself clear.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I really hate to say "schizophrenic", but anyone who thinks an Arizona community college is perpetuating a sinister agenda is obviously not one for critical examination, and likely to employ irrational bias where decision making is concerned.

The real question is, did he impress Jodie Foster? Or did the voices sort of go away after the sensationalism necessary to reconsider gun rights was achieved?

Oh yes, "vitriol", that's right.

Bernie is a tool.
edit on 15-6-2017 by DefaultNamesake83 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I don't care about Bernie, I care about the things he talks about. If Bernie is a political stooge like all the rest then that doesn't take away what he says.

And yes, both sides are the same, my opinion on that has not changed Bernie or not.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
To be fair, Bernie is an idiot.

-Chris

Well he did let the DNC/Hillary basically owned him in a fixed competition that he just rolled over and bared his throat in surrender.

Can't say he is very strong willed either...

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

We'll never move on from Clinton as long as she waits in the wings like a cockroach for "her turn".

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: Martin75

To be fair. Hillary didn't ask. She, along with her cohort DWS, stole the nomination.

He got screwed like everyone else. Then got tossed a consolation prize.

Ummm...oh...you mean the lake house...

Imagine that...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

So when its seen as a right wing person shooting, Bernie feels that the rhetoric from the right is to blame. But when its his supporter, mums the word.

Yes, what a hypocrite. He should have stayed consistent and blamed right wing rhetoric for sending this guy off the rails too. Missed opportunity!

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
i dont see any hypocrisy. he practiced what he preached. urged the republicans to be more active in their remonstrations of violent reactions and then explicitly denounced similar violence in his own camp. what did you guys expect from him?

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

His message my friend, not the man himself. His message makes sense, that says nothing of what he may be doing behind the scenes. If he's guilty of something then he should be punished just like any other person and I wouldn't doubt or be surprised if he were guilty of something.
edit on 6/15/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join