It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Savage Calls for Government Takeover of the Media Following Shooting at GOP

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
I did....you mean you were joking???

No, I'm a Mason, I want all you walking foodstuffs placed into a FEMA camp.

edit on 15-6-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

This is a great post. Makes me wonder why you always seem to be in agreement with the obvious BS that comes out of media.

Tragedy and controversy = profit.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

No I'm saying the elite left have created a bunch of mindless zombies.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
I think maybe you and i took different oathes for how we are to present and conduct ourselves as Masons.

You can PM with whatever part of my obligation I am breaking with dark humor or satire.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I think maybe you and i took different oathes for how we are to present and conduct ourselves as Masons.

You can PM with whatever part of my obligation I am breaking with dark humor or satire.

I'd rather you fellas hash this out here in the thread. Y'know...for science.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Kinda dispels that whole Masons get their marching orders from the same place.

Some of us getting cushier ones than others.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
I'm just here to SEE how many people CLAIM that Mike Savage ISNT very popular and some kind of MINOR voice along right-wing RADICALS....

don't know if your baiting but

that's the fact. Savage is a right wing extremist on par with Maddow and Chris Matthews on the left. other than a few hundred cranks no one is agreeing with him.

it would be very helpful if the hysterical left-wing media would pull back on their invective but I don't see that happening.
government pressure would be the worst possible 'solution'.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

No. We need this out in the open. I've never witnessed two masons go at it.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I imagine yours were pretty much "FBGM."

Google it, I'll wait.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: Woodcarver

I think if the networks can't be unbiased, then they are not reporting the news. Therefor, remove their press credentials and no longer allow them access to events.

One problem...
spoken as a media person since 03, writer, producer, grip, gaffer, etc. SAG/AFTRA, IATSE and in the studio now....

The camera whore politicians love the Camera, lights, attention from the cute little female interviewers... to disseminate their agenda, both from the left and right.

The Media as we know it isn't going to change. It's a corporate business and the Corporations tell the politicians what to do, when to jump and how high. Not the other way around...

The advertisers are also corporations and they want a solid platform to hawk their wares and BS services.

Media as much a business as manufacturing and and Banking and Trump can't do jack sH*T....no change in sight!! And the cry of "fake news" falls on deaf ears.............

The naivete of ATS members is astonishing.

I agree, they are all in bed together. So, it's us and them, just like it always has been.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

You don't remember your oathes? I'll give you time to look them up.
edit on 15-6-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I don't disagree with you at all. In fact, one thing I often try to remind people of is that bias in the media is nothing new by any means. All one has to do is take a look at historic newspapers. Hell, half of the old local papers actually had "Democrat" or "Republican" in the name (and some of them persist to this day). For instance, the local paper reporting on this latest nutjob is The Belleville News-Democrat.

It's also obvious when you look at folks like Rupert Murdoch, that he owns exclusively right-leaning outlets. In fact, Fox News was dreamed up by Roger Ailes in the 70s as a pro-Republican agenda outlet. The Washington Times was founded in '82 by Sun Myung Moon to push conservative agenda. I'm sure Ted Turner had his own agenda in mind with CNN, we all know that Huffington Post was created to aggregate and promote a leftist point-of-view, etc.

Websites are the worst because they don't have to worry about trying to appeal to a mass audience, they can lean as far as they want.

But there's still nuance that shouldn't be overlooked, particularly when it comes to outlets that aren't owned/founded by media moguls like Murdoch or Turner. GE doesn't own NBC anymore but does anyone thing GE has an actual liberal agenda? On the other hand, you might make that argument about Comcast's largest stockholders (the Roberts family) though even they're a mixed bag when it comes to Comcast who employees several former FCC officials and members of Congress as lobbyist.

My point here is don't be so quick to attribute everything to a top down agenda when there is clearly a feedback loop that causes pressure from the bottom up. In other words, it's not enough to just claim that we're all hapless victims of the media. The media like any other business responds to customer demand.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

You don't remember your oathes?

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
I imagine yours were pretty much "FBGM."

Nailed it.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
This thread has taken some interesting directions but can we all agree that Michael Savage is completely wrong when he asserts that the media and social media should be "taken over" by the effing federal government?

That's an authoritarian wet dream and one I'm sure he wouldn't be indulding if the Democrats had the control over the federal government that the Republicans currently hold.

link   

You don't have to, I have them all memorized.

link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

You don't remember your oathes?

I'm steeling this.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

good, then you can explain how a mason should conduct himself when representing himself as a mason?

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

good, then you can explain how a mason should conduct himself when representing himself as a mason?

Like a boss.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join