It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Savage Calls for Government Takeover of the Media Following Shooting at GOP

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
How ironic that after I posted that last post, the background image on ATS switched to a picture of the Watergate Hotel!!

How funny!!

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I didn't mean the news network themselves want a civil war, but the elite left conglomerates. They are all under the same umbrella, the news networks are just their little minions.

And I doubt all the networks are meeting together in a board room every night to conspire, I don't mean that either. But the narrative they all play into, willingly or not, is part of the agenda.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Oh, but they most certainly ARE!! Every day, multiple times per day!!! In fact, many of the really big MSM firms have open lines between them 24x7x365!

You can absolutely BANK on that one!!

I've witnessed it, first hand!

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Fair enough, yet it seems Fox makes plenty of money and higher ratings being PRO trump( more or less)....why don't(CNN,MSNBC, et al) they assume that tactic if money is all it's about?

Not really disagreeing, mind you, it just makes little logical sense.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I'll be honest with you. I've been growing increasingly disgusted by what's going on. I like a good political debate. It's no secret that I enjoy slinging mud. What disturbs me is when a contest of ideas becomes a battle in the streets with real world casualties.

We have a lot of problems in this country but we also do a lot of things right and we have good framework to enact change and it's not so broken that it can't be salvaged. Far from it. We are in no way at a point where political violence is justified. As much as I dislike Trump and as much as I disagree with (mostly) Republicans, I'm not at all in support of the s# that has been going on.

I don't support the bikelock asshole and those "antifa" like him who are ostensibly on the same political "side" as me. I don't support the assholes lining up to battle against them ("Proud Boys," 3%ers and the like). All of these clowns are just assholes looking for a "cause" to be a part of to justify their violence.

I'm disturbed, saddened and appalled to hear about college kids stabbing one another. It disgusts me to see unhinged nuts go from ranting on Twitter to trying to assassinate politicians. I'll fight the good fight with words. I'll protest for a cause I believe in. But I'm not lifting a finger in anger against anyone over politics. We have a good thing going in this country and we have every opportunity to improve our lot and find solutions for the problems we face.

That's my agenda. And political violence only sets it back further.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Sorry Augie it isn't even funny right now, with so many ATSers calling for leftists like me to be silenced or locked up.

Thats terrible, and I would argue against this.

Perhaps you would like to comment on the left wingers saying that what the shooter did was evil, but not as evil as repealing Obamacare.

See,ms thosse people are calling for my death.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74
Must you be reminded that it was the previous administration that repealed the laws holding the media accountable for intentionally misleading people with propaganda?
Thank them for this whole mess.

But one right wing radio host suggests it and you freak out?
Typical...

Me thinks this whole thread is an attempt to deflect from the larger problem.
The problem that liberalism is now creating terrorists that are very similar in dogmatic beliefs to that of the Abrahamic religions. Islam in particular....
Where any non-believer can be met with violent opposition.

edit on 15-6-2017 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I wouldn't doubt that either.

I'll take your first hand account over my assumptions

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: DBCowboy

a reply to: DBCowboy

Please stop pretending that there are no violent right wingers.

Name me 3 violent right-wingers who have tried to kill any politicians this week.

Not this week but..

According to the Government Accountability Office of the United States, 73% of violent extremist incidents that resulted in deaths since September 12, 2001 were caused by right wing extremists groups.

Link

Kind of puts things in perspective..

I looked at your link for 2 minutes and already found glaring errors. First it caalls the Bernie supporter that killed two in portland right wing.

Then it calls the shooting of 5 cops right wing, but I notice it doesn't include the BLM supporters shootings of cops left wing terror.

These studies and claims of right wing terror have been thoroughly debunked.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Maverick1

How the MSM "makes" money, and how they report it, is so amazingly complex not even a team of 1,000 CPA's could figure it out! The average person hears about one network doing better than another one, but the statistics which underpin these stories have so many different metrics and demographic cross-sectional slices it would blow most people's minds! It's a classic example of using statistics to prove anything at all. You can use statistics to prove the color red is really blue, and the price of rice in China really does equal the fish in the ocean. It's endless!

Believe me, CNN and MSNBC never hang up the phone with FOX. Not even for a second, they're always talking to each other. Maybe not down in the trenches, but at the higher levels they're in constant communication.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

but the elite left conglomerates.

Good lord, the what? Please name them.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Sorry Augie it isn't even funny right now, with so many ATSers calling for leftists like me to be silenced or locked up.

Thats terrible, and I would argue against this.

Perhaps you would like to comment on the left wingers saying that what the shooter did was evil, but not as evil as repealing Obamacare.

See,ms thosse people are calling for my death.
Extreme views like this are coming to the surface more and more from people of many demographics. I can see that these corporations that own these news /media channels are using the news to manipulate people to move towards these extreme all or nothing positions that pit one side against the other. They know as well as we all do, that the stress that this tension creates is more than some people can mentally manage. It's just statistically probable that someone will lash out at the hieght of these manufactured stories. I think if the networks can't be unbiased, then they are not reporting the news. Therefor, remove their press credentials and no longer allow them access to events.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Just gonna leave this here. Not directed at you, but relevant:

You do know that Drago beat Creed to death not long after that pose.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

FWIW, I made the case in another thread about the horseshoe theory about the Portland guy. The horseshoe theory is that the far extremes in politics are actually more identifiable with each other than they are with their "side" of things. I suggested that the Portland asshat went so far left that he wound up on the right, and was sort of skipping back and forth across the very narrow gap between the two extremes.

The same could be argued, to a degree, about the extreme BLM movement: they're extremely "nationalistic" when it comes to being insulated from whites, etc. That's sort of a bailiwick of the extreme right but the flip side is things like reparations and so on, being extreme left.

This is neither the time nor place to dive deeply into that theory, but I wanted to put it out there. I think there's some merit to it.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Great Drago post!

Yeah I am with you about extremists. Far left and far right are actually very close to each other.

I just get tired of people citing groups like the Southern Poverty Law Center and studies that show everything that anyone remotely on the right does as right wing violence, but will make any excuse on the book for obvious left wing violence.

Hence the Tea party is a hate group, but BLM isn't. Its a farce, and can easily be debunked, yet people ignore this and quote it likes its some authority.

On the topic, I made it clear yesterday that we must resist any censorship attempts as a result of this incident, and I stand by that.

That doesn't mean we can't call out bad rhetoric or reporting, but I will defend free speech even of those I strongly dislike.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

but the elite left conglomerates.

Good lord, the what? Please name them.

The elite left conglomerates.

I can't name them for you but I will spell it out as simply as I can for you. It's up to you if you want to read into it though.

The same entity that has been indoctrinating and socially engineering society for decades+ through music, films, advertising, news, entertainment, schools etc etc. Basically anything that has an influence on society, you can bet they have their finger prints on it.

Aka the reason why society is where it is today and why we face the problems we do.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

a reply to: DBCowboy

Please stop pretending that there are no violent right wingers.

Name me 3 violent right-wingers who have tried to kill any politicians this week.

How about violent right wingers who shoot up black churches, stab people to death on train platforms, shoot congresswomen during townhalls, bomb federal buildings, so on and so forth?

Sure, this has been a slow week for wing-nuts on the right, but they have been busy worshiping Trump and protecting him from scary prosecutors.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

I think if the networks can't be unbiased, then they are not reporting the news. Therefor, remove their press credentials and no longer allow them access to events.

One problem...
spoken as a media person since 03, writer, producer, grip, gaffer, etc. SAG/AFTRA, IATSE and in the studio now....

The camera whore politicians love the Camera, lights, attention from the cute little female interviewers... to disseminate their agenda, both from the left and right.

The Media as we know it isn't going to change. It's a corporate business and the Corporations tell the politicians what to do, when to jump and how high. Not the other way around...

The advertisers are also corporations and they want a solid platform to hawk their wares and BS services.

Media as much a business as manufacturing and and Banking and Trump can't do jack sH*T....no change in sight!! And the cry of "fake news" falls on deaf ears.............

The naivete of ATS members is astonishing.

edit on 15-6-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

You're saying the free market is brainwashing people into being leftists?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join