It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Savage Calls for Government Takeover of the Media Following Shooting at GOP

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Consolidation of media ownership was predictable if one understands free markets. There's a thing called "The Rule of Three" that you can read about here.

That's really a separate issue from a straight up government takeover of the media and I'll also point out that Savage said that the government should take over social media (whatever that means).

That said, I do agree that the media markets are overly consolidated. Though, given the transition to web-based new media, the barriers to entry into the market are far less than those in traditional markets like print or broadcast. I think what would be the most effective are antitrust laws specifically targetting media companies/markets to prevent the formation of mega media conglomerates.
edit on 2017-6-15 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Not directly, but very much indirectly! Keep stirring the pot until some unstable person freaks out and gives them the "dirty laundry" they thrive upon on a silver platter! 

This is exactly what they want. They've been hoping for some extreme nut-job to put a bullet into the president's brain for quite some time now. They want a civil war badly.

From chaos, come order.

link   
I stopped watching the Lamestream media years ago, they're only parrots on the payroll

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

In our society capitalism rules, government will never take corporate media at all.

But it can legislate to make sure its takes responsibility for what they offer to their costumers.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Bro that was weeks and weeks ago....lol

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I'm just here to SEE how many people CLAIM that Mike Savage ISNT very popular and some kind of MINOR voice along right-wing RADICALS....

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

That would be fine...IF that's the way they were actually covering these stories, but they're not!

And, it's not just a single story taken in isolation either; you have to look at the whole content, the whole context. You have to look at what news stories follow and immediately precede these so called info-pieces you refer to. Death, destruction, violence. It's not about a single story, but the whole bigger picture of what the media presents. 'Get 'em all whipped up and angry, get 'em ready to riot and act out, THEN drop the little info-piece on them...and focus all that anger on the subject of that piece.'

Don't think for a moment you're debating with someone who hasn't actually lived in those shoes! Many years ago I worked in broadcasting (both radio and television). Trust me, I know of what I speak!

There are words for it, "momentum" comes to mind. 'Get 'em to where they're so worked up they simply can't change the channel...spin 'em, work 'em' It sells. It sells advertising, and that's the bottom line! The difference now is, there is so much competition absolutely nothing is off the table. There were limits back in the 'old-days', but those limits are all now LONG GONE! Nothing is off-limits anymore! Absolutely nothing!

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Agreed ante.

Refreshing to see posts like this from you again

I might have to start reading them again.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The U.S. media is out of control and all need more professional people in them.Pay media celebrity like people $ 5.00 an hour not a one will do that job.All make millions talking all day.
Also the media has now become the 4th branch of the U.S. Government,mainly mainstream media.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I just do not see how we can divide in just 2 directions. Right or Left? There is North, East, South, West, Up, Down.... Time. If I was to remove any of them I would no longer exist.

I have friends of the lest and right bend. We can spend all weekend together and never face a partisan issue at all. It is almost like the left and right is divided by stories we make in our head, not the actions we take every day. Just silly.

I do know that I watch MSN quote Trump in completely and even in correctly on a daily basis. People are starting to notice too.

I do feel like the "left" is similar to dealing with my 16 yo daughter, but thats just TV. My friends of the left are not at all like the narrative
from either side.
edit on 15-6-2017 by ttropia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Very interesting!!

Even more interesting in that we could share common ground on this one!

Good observation, and definitely something to consider.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: stosh64
Awesome

I have a 'special place' I have always wanted 'illuminated'.

What better way then a lampshade.

I always pictured it brightening someones day

I'll get you one with a serial number tat, it adds some charm to the shade.
I think maybe you and i took different oathes for how we are to present and conduct ourselves as Masons.
edit on 15-6-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: stosh64
Awesome

I have a 'special place' I have always wanted 'illuminated'.

What better way then a lampshade.

I always pictured it brightening someones day

I'll get you one with a serial number tat, it adds some charm to the shade.
I think maybe you and i took different oathes for how we are to present ourselves as Masons.

OHHHHHHH SNAP MASON FIGHT MASON FIGHT

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I got 5$ on Augustus.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Just gonna leave this here. Not directed at you, but relevant:

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
If people wants to understand more how the media leans politically, all you need to do is look who are they are donating money too the most

That's a big eye opener.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

"The media" doesn't want a civil war. Think that one through. Set aside the absurd notion of "the media" coordinating their efforts toward a formal agenda — how exactly is a civil war any less bad for the media than it would be for the rest of us?

It doesn't even make sense.

Corporate media has one goal. Money. How would a civil war lead to money for them? What they have done is participated in a feedback loop with their audience to continually polarize and politicize — because there's money in that. Look at something that has happened just recently. MSNBC has come from dead last for the first time and overtaken CNN in ratings.

Why? Trump supporters want to believe that this is because CNN is so overtly critical of Trump that viewers are turning away from CNN but they're ignoring where those viewers are going. It's because MSNBC is actually far more anti-Trump than CNN. I saw it happen with my own wife. She got sick of watching CNN's paid Trump surrogates (Kayleigh McEnany, Jeffrey Lord, etc) and now if she watches "cable news," she turns to MSNBC.

It's about viewers and ad revenue. The executives hire editors and talking heads who will deliver the lean that brings in the audience they're targetting.

The same sort of thing applies to politicians. 99.9% of the don't actually want civil war either. They sure as hell don't want people shooting politicians. They want votes and control of the government. They using polarizing, vitriolic rhetoric to gin up the base, to attack their opponents and to get those votes.

None of this requires a grand conspiracy with evil faceless puppeteers. Which makes this comment kinda ironic in the context of emergent behavior in chaotic systems:

From chaos, come order.

link   
Oh, and just a side note; don't think for a moment that MSM outlets don't "talk" to each other, even their competitors, to discuss what stories they will run, when they will run them and how they will spin them. Even more importantly, they discuss when they're NOT going to run certain stories (i.e. when they're going to "hold" them (back)). This practice goes all the way back to even the days of Watergate, and even long before. Most of the MSM media of the day knew about Watergate long before the story actually broke. The urge to "scoop" the story was almost uncontrollable, but they didn't do it until they all agreed on it. There's lots of reasons why, but the upshot here is, there is most definitely collusion between MSM companies on not only the stories they run, and the timing, but also the content and spin.

link   
a reply to: Augustus masonicus

I am not always perfectly in line either, but it is our sworn duty to point out when one's conduct is contrary to the very foundation for which masonry was founded. For the betterment of all. I like a good smart ass remark when it's funny, but this rhetoric you are performing here is in bad taste and is not helping with the discussion. Virtue is lost when you stop practicing it.
edit on 15-6-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

The media has always been bias toward what their owners favor most.

That is not something that started recently, is always been that way.

Their campaign contributions during past and present political parties tell the story of how they move the news around.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join