It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Savage Calls for Government Takeover of the Media Following Shooting at GOP

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
What scares me is that I'm willing to bet there are a bunch of people who starred your post without having any inkling of the concept of being facetious.

All of my sock puppets did.

I did....you mean you were joking???
edit on 6 15 2017 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: DBCowboy

You are making general statements. You aren't just talking about yesterday. I could have put that in all caps, but decided not to.

Why do you think we're even having this discussion?

It's because of what happened yesterday!

But you keep making statements like, "leftists will shoot you if you disagree with them", "leftists are violent", "we must start shooting back at leftists". The vast majority of "leftists" haven't hurt anyone and don't plan to. Just like the vast majority of those on the right haven't hurt anyone. But you sure like to paint that broad brush stroke against leftists in general.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

I didn't have a problem with what you said...at all! I understood what you meant.

But sometimes, here, you have to s-p-e-l-l out the subtleties of a statement. Else, some don't 'get it'.

Jesus!

I really should just walk away for a while.

Hate to see you go, but love to watch you leave.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

You are making general statements. You aren't just talking about yesterday. I could have put that in all caps, but decided not to.

Why do you think we're even having this discussion?

It's because of what happened yesterday!

But you keep making statements like, "leftists will shoot you if you disagree with them", "leftists are violent", "we must start shooting back at leftists". The vast majority of "leftists" haven't hurt anyone and don't plan to. Just like the vast majority of those on the right haven't hurt anyone. But you sure like to paint that broad brush stroke against leftists in general.

I hope not.

I hope more people don't die.

I hope some right-wing idiot isn't next.
I hope another left-wing idiot doesn't start up.

But I'm not going to silence the media.
I'm not even going to support silencing the rhetoric.
I won't silence the anger and the hate.

But this is where we are now. Too many are either celebrating or justifying what happened yesterday.

Too many.

Don't want to silence them, but if they're cheering it on, it #ing concerns the hell out of me.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I didn't have a problem with what you said...at all! I understood what you meant.

But sometimes, here, you have to s-p-e-l-l out the subtleties of a statement. Else, some don't 'get it'.

Jesus!

Duke!

You changed your avatar!

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

originally posted by: Kali74

originally posted by: Grimpachi
When Giffords was shot in the head the left wanted to talk about gun control.

Scalise is shot and the right wants to talk about media control.

I am tired of the control freaks.

This and FEMA camps for leftists.

My how the pendulum swings.

You sound like Alex Jones from a few years ago.

Give it time, it will swing back.

I was referencing the actual posts made by several people on ATS yesterday in various threads calling for locking up leftists.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

If it'll make the candy-asses feel better, "if a violent righty is shooting at you, by all means, defend yourself and shoot back also."

You can bet on it lame brain. Don't even threaten me with a sharp stick....I'll pull a Zimmernan on you so quick it will make your head spin.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yes, a sort of "final solution" if you will.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Bingo!

The media in the US is an illusion of choice, people tend to think that changing the channels on their TV give them choice but no, they all belong to a conglomerate.

The 6 major coporporations that owns 90% of the US media.

So this about 232 Executives feeding what they want to those that think it have media choices

AT a cost of 300 billions a year, this executive tell people, how to think, what to believe, who to trust and what to do

That is without the propaganda that tells people what to eat, how to dress and what is the new norm.

Peachy.

www.businessinsider.com...

So the choice is not choice and the media is the trigger of what goes on in this nation

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

The best slave is one that believes he is free.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: Kali74

And with that being said, you would be naive to think the MSM isn't fueling hatred or divisiveness.

You can bet your backside they are!! You know why? Because it sells! Because it causes people to do things which are 'newsworthy' in today's world. Damn straight!

A song comes readily to mind as exquisite proof of this...

No, they are not to blame for the extreme nut-jobs doing extreme things, but it doesn't change the fact that there is clearly an agenda.

Not directly, but very much indirectly! Keep stirring the pot until some unstable person freaks out and gives them the "dirty laundry" they thrive upon on a silver platter!

Don Henley got it so right when he sang "We all know crap is King, give us dirty laundry"!!

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

But this is where we are now. Too many are either celebrating or justifying what happened yesterday.

Too many.

Don't want to silence them, but if they're cheering it on, it #ing concerns the hell out of me.

Me too. But at least I'm aware that there will always be the fringe - on BOTH sides, who cheer on violence against the other side. Or if not outright cheering it, at least not condemning it very much. BOTH sides.

I've seen you on many threads - not just regarding this particular event - making general statements about leftists wanting to destroy America, and leftists killing those who disagree with them. You certainly have a right to your opinion, but don't be so surprised (and outraged) when people call you out on it.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I don't even do social media beyond Facebook (so I can talk with my nieces) and I was hit with a flood of people celebrating the shooting yesterday... People that swear they are tolerant .. People I thought were intelligent, pointing at his politics saying he deserved it.

I stopped watching the news when van Jones started to look like a moderate.

The MSN is not the cause, but they certainly are a symptom of the disease.

As far as savages comments... No just no.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

All freedoms are nothing but illusions.

Sad.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Jesus!

Talk about "candy-asses"

edit on 2017-6-15 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Since when is it hateful to cover and discuss the political goings on? There are five Congressional investigations into the Trump campaign and people involved in the Trump campaign, are we supposed to pretend otherwise?

link   

I know people who don't watch the news on TV, but spend a huge amount of time listening to talk radio - which has an overwhelmingly conservative influence. Should we be regulating talk radio?

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I don't either, facebook nor tweet.

But in my case, is for security reasons due to my husband line of work.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Yes the MSM is controlled by the establishment but sources of info like ATS still contain a few free journalists like you and I.

If the govt takes over the media, ATS will be shut down. No more social generated news, because clearly this is the most dangerous form moreso than corporate generated news.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Radio, theater all that along with the TV are own by the same conglomerates.

That is how they control Americas population way of thinking.

7 Things About The Mainstream Media That They Do Not Want You To Know

It is worst that many think.

Would that alarm you? It should alarm you. The truth is that our attitudes, opinions and beliefs are greatly shaped by what we allow into our minds. After all, they don’t call it “programming” for no reason. Even those of us that realize that we are connected to “the matrix” probably greatly underestimate the tremendous influence that the media has over us. We live at a time when it is absolutely imperative to think for ourselves, but most Americans are being absolutely overwhelmed with information and seem more than content to let others do their thinking for them. Sadly, this is greatly contributing to the downfall of our society.

And of course the mainstream media desperately does not want you to look at “the man behind the curtain”. They just want you to stay plugged into the “programming” that they are feeding you without asking any questions.

Fortunately, a growing minority of Americans are waking up and are starting to reject the mainstream media. An increasing number of people are beginning to recognize that the mainstream media is the mouthpiece of the establishment and that it is promoting the agenda of the establishment.

They do control what people state of mind is

If its estimated that most people watch 153 hours of television a month, that is enough hours of brainwashing.

www.infowars.com...

A few year ago, we had some argument on the media and who own it, I did a nice piece on it here in ATS, thinks has no gotten better but worst

We see the result now in the disintegration of our society.

edit on 15-6-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join