It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Savage Calls for Government Takeover of the Media Following Shooting at GOP

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I said, "But if violent leftists continue to harm everyone who doesn't think like them, I would strongly encourage firing back. "

And people are having a problem with what I wrote.

Defending yourself if attacked is now a bad thing according to you.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
What scares me is that I'm willing to bet there are a bunch of people who starred your post without having any inkling of the concept of being facetious.

All of my sock puppets did.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I think people are having a problem with you making violence out to be only about leftists.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I didn't have a problem with what you said...at all! I understood what you meant.

But sometimes, here, you have to s-p-e-l-l out the subtleties of a statement. Else, some don't 'get it'.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I think people are having a problem with you making violence out to be only about leftists.

WE'RE TALKING ABOUT YESTERDAY!

WHAT ELSE WOULD WE BE TALKING ABOUT???

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: theantediluvian

So if a violent leftist is firing at someone, they should just take it?

You are very sick.

I didn't say that all. Everyone has a right to defend themselves, their families, etc.

I think you know full well that I was not talking about defending oneself against a violent attacker but rather this tough talk, idle posturing and loosely phrased vitriolic rhetoric that permeates public spaces like Internet forums and social media.

How many people do you think read your post and took it in a far more general sense?

Do you consider that? You're calling me "very sick" when you're irresponsibly spouting s# like that and disinenguously responding to me to score points? Nice.

link   

I don't give a f### what their political affiliation is. If someone attacks me I will fight back.

You seem to only care if it is from the left.

link   
Don't censor the news, no government take over, no outlawing the media. A much simpler way would be to just run a disclaimer across the bottom of every news source screen or the top of every 'newspaper' page:

"The information contained within contains often unverifiable sources, opinion pieces and generally non-reliable views and contains bias. It should be considered with extreme skepticism."

Take the validity away from this thing by simply telling the damned truth.

edit on 15-6-2017 by Maverick1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

I didn't have a problem with what you said...at all! I understood what you meant.

But sometimes, here, you have to s-p-e-l-l out the subtleties of a statement. Else, some don't 'get it'.

Jesus!

I really should just walk away for a while.

link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I didn't take his post that way.

Did you? Apparently.

In fact, I don't think he singled out any particular group with the notion of defending one's self.

link   

You are making general statements. You aren't just talking about yesterday. I could have put that in all caps, but decided not to.

link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I don't give a f### what their political affiliation is. If someone attacks me I will fight back.

You seem to only care if it is from the left.

WE ARE TALKING IN CONTEXT TO YESTERDAY!

edit on 15-6-2017 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Defending yourself if attacked is now a bad thing according to you.

You're really going to double down on that one? Jesus.

link   

I'm in AGREEMENT with you, dude!!

Sheesh!

link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

You are making general statements. You aren't just talking about yesterday. I could have put that in all caps, but decided not to.

Why do you think we're even having this discussion?

It's because of what happened yesterday!

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The media in the US is owned by groups, call conglomerates, or easily to understand corporations is not free and never has been

Just because is not owned and manipulated by government it doesn't mean somebody else is not manipulating the information for a price, is call capitalism.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

originally posted by: Grimpachi
When Giffords was shot in the head the left wanted to talk about gun control.

Scalise is shot and the right wants to talk about media control.

I am tired of the control freaks.

This and FEMA camps for leftists.

My how the pendulum swings.

You sound like Alex Jones from a few years ago.

Give it time, it will swing back.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I don't think anyone would agree with a non-free press other than the extremes, which are few and far between.

The good thing about freedoms is it gives people the opportunity to expose their true colors.

And with that being said, you would be naive to think the MSM isn't fueling hatred or divisiveness.

No, they are not to blame for the extreme nut-jobs doing extreme things, but it doesn't change the fact that there is clearly an agenda.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
If it'll make the candy-asses feel better, "if a violent righty is shooting at you, by all means, defend yourself and shoot back also."

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
IMO blaming the media for the actions of others is like when Steve Stephens blamed Joy when he killed that old man on video, it's like the people who blame the woman for the way she dressed when she gets sexually assaulted.

It's asinine to me. Russia and NorKo have state ran media right? Yeah I'm not interested. I mean sure by all means set up a Federal Media, as long as I still have the option to listen to any MSM or alternative source I like.

-Alee

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join