It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Up to 150,000' Women Suffering From Genital Mutilation in Feminist Sweden

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
It is awful and I feel awful for having my son circumcised. They are both the same to me now. I used to blindly believe circumcision was for health reasons and only those who didn't receive it were for their religious reasons.........

His dad said "uh i'm fine, and he will be too- it's never bothered me or stopped me from getting there"
which is nice and all but I still feel like dirt for it.

Not sure why I considered one okay and FGM not okay. I Guess I could blame it on the society I was raised in but honestly I had all the info right there at my fingertips (thanks technology) and I just didn't even ever give it a second thought. Until I joined a "mom" group online and the question was raised, and then I had women shoving their hatred for me down my throat and sending me all kinds of links to studies etc... showing why it's unnecessary.

I agree with the poster who said all genital mutilation should be either outlawed, or only come at the persons individual request when they are of the age to decide.

I'm surprised they have such a high rate as it is illegal

-Alee

They are not the same, period.

FGM removes a pathway for orgasm for the female not counting the supposed "G" spot which IMO does not work all that well (if at all) without the clit before the FGM. It does do the job of removing a pleasure sensor and by the way some of this stuff is done makes intercourse not only painful but disgusting painful for the female.

I have never had intercourse with a female who has had this done to her but have talked to one girl from Ethiopia who had undergone the barbaric practice... She was OK with her lot in life but swore if she ever had a daughter it would not be done to her. But she was educated and worked for the American consulate in Jedediah Saudi Arabia ... Sex for her was nothing more than trying to please the man and the close contact she tried to enjoy during the act. Beautiful woman she was and I appreciated her frankness. She had been caught up in a tradition that she even found stupidly repulsive.

Circumcised or not for the male; he has no problem reaching orgasm and if circumcised that is one pathway left unopened for certain types of bacterial infection. I have known two guys in their 30s who got circumcised simply because of repeated infections since puberty.. Problem of infection was solved according to them in a rather painful way.

So IMO if a female wants this done then it should be her choice at some age of consent... not at the age of without mommy(s) (the 4 wives thing) and daddy she would die or knows no better.....

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Sooo you're saying it's okay to cut a baby boys penis without his permission but not OK to cut a girls vagina? I'm with you on the girls but I'm confused on your stance on boys. Why not just classify both as the cosmetic surgery that they are and make the person be of legal age to make the decision to mutilate their genitals.

Our bodies grew these parts for a reason. We don't need to be chopping stuff off for no reason.

You can still see if you cut off an eyelid. Why would you tho? Same goes for boys.

edit on 16-6-2017 by PlasticWizard because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

Cultural BS cosmetics.

Japanese feet binding.

Ancient head binding ..
* to give that much vaunted " Elongated Melon Look".

Neck rings to get that elongated ... yet weird and mis-placed look.

Lowered Boxers .. that is just a crack up !!

I'll let myself out ...
edit on 16-6-2017 by Timely because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join