It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Up to 150,000' Women Suffering From Genital Mutilation in Feminist Sweden

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Some more news on this disgusting medical procedure from a country most would have never guessed.. To ruin one of life's great pleasures at such an early age is something I hope those who assist, and preform this procedure go to a real hell.

The most recent survey, however, placed Sweden among the countries with the highest proportion of FGM sufferers, with a staggeringly morbid estimation of 150,000 in a nation of 10 million, Swedish Radio reported. Since genital mutilation is a very private and shame-laden, it remains largely unreported, with the actual number of victims potentially being still higher.

What makes matters worse, genital mutilation is being carried out among girls of immigrant descent in families that have been settled in Sweden for a long time. Despite the fact that FGM is strictly prohibited by Swedish law, tradition and religious prescriptions may sometimes overcome legal ramifications. In immigrant circles, girls are known to have been taken to their respective home countries to have this procedure performed.

sputniknews.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Can't fix stupid mothers.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
That is really screwed up

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Strange that women can be BSed that this is good. So what god gave women is not good enough. You would think Muslim people would be able to see that Allah would not want them to change what he created. Circumcising is a different issue. They had a lot of problem with infection in males and females in the past and learned that that was beneficial. Even circumcision is not as necessary now as it was in the past. We have more availability of water and soaps. What they are doing to the women actually can increase the risk of disease and infection as it slows drainage.

Maybe the Muslims should follow what Allah would want in this matter. This practice is not natural.

So these people believe what god created is not good enough.
edit on 15-6-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The religion of peace just keeps on giving.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Tards passing on retarded teachings ...

Oh wait ...

Can't say that ... can I ?

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
That is really screwed up

Evidently they ARE fixing them with this procedure.

Oops, this was supposed to go to MoM above you. Now how did I mess that up.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The word " evidently " alludes to there being "evidence" as is it is inherently inclusive ... at least where I hang ... I do appreciate your sarcasm though Ricky ... it is a shame that this practice has now gone underground ... 😐😣

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
The religion of peace just keeps on giving.

You mean 'Taking"...

Backwards-ass sick fu(ks...

Islam needs their own Wonder Woman, someone to lead a cultural and religious revolution, 'cause apparently no Muslim Man has the balls to stand up to it.

Speaking of no balls, it would be nice to see a group of fed-up Muslim woman do some MGM, maybe FB live it, bet that would put a stop to this practice.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Horrible practice.

All genital mutilation, including circumcision should be outlawed.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule
Horrible practice.

Don't "fix" what aint broken ...

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

FGM is not just something Muslims do. This is practiced across many different religions including some Christian and Jews. It's cultural not religion based.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Jerseymilker

I'm aware of that.

But it's much more enjoyable to bash on Islam than Christianity or Judaism, plus it's what's trending right now...

*my bias shown

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
But we in America are not supposed to judge other cultures.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
You realise the phrase 'up to 150,000' covers a lot of ground.

'2' is 'up to 150k'.

And the 'source' for this story appears to be Infowars. Which is usually a banned source on AtS because they just make so much stuff up.

Also, the figure could just be the immigrants who have wound up in Sweden who had the procedure done abroad. (And now they've reached a country where it's not acceptable and they might get some help.)

Also, for heaven's sake, nobody on the left is trying to 'normalise or excuse' FGM. Everybody on both sides of the political spectrum thinks its abominable and must be stopped.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
But we in America are not supposed to judge other cultures.

No judging ... just "democratizing" ...

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
It is awful and I feel awful for having my son circumcised. They are both the same to me now. I used to blindly believe circumcision was for health reasons and only those who didn't receive it were for their religious reasons.........

His dad said "uh i'm fine, and he will be too- it's never bothered me or stopped me from getting there"
which is nice and all but I still feel like dirt for it.

Not sure why I considered one okay and FGM not okay. I Guess I could blame it on the society I was raised in but honestly I had all the info right there at my fingertips (thanks technology) and I just didn't even ever give it a second thought. Until I joined a "mom" group online and the question was raised, and then I had women shoving their hatred for me down my throat and sending me all kinds of links to studies etc... showing why it's unnecessary.

I agree with the poster who said all genital mutilation should be either outlawed, or only come at the persons individual request when they are of the age to decide.

I'm surprised they have such a high rate as it is illegal

-Alee
edit on 6/15/2017 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

How do they get past the medical guidelines that demand a care provider report abuse like the place was on fire?

I would love to hear from the medical community over there, especially what state employed providers passing the cost of service onto the tax payers have to say.

edit on 6 15 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule
Horrible practice.

I hope that one day, the world will see circumcision for the genital mutilation that it is.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
SVT

www.svt.se...

Kan vara över hundra tusen kvinnor År 2015 uppskattade socialstyrelsen att det fanns uppemot 38.000 könsstympade kvinnor i Sverige, men nu har en ny sammanställning gjorts för alla länder i Europa som visar att det är en grov underskattning. Enligt siffror som SVT Nyheter har tagit del av handlar det om mångdubbelt fler. Sammanställningen visar att Sverige är ett av de länder som har störst andel kvinnor från länder där könsstympning är mycket vanligt, länder som Somalia och Etiopien.

Can be over 100000 women. 2015 they thought it was 38000 but new data that have been done in all countries in Europe show it to be a gross understatement. According to the numbers SVT news have received it is manifold more. Sweden is one of those countries that have the highest part women from countries where genital mutilation is very common like Somalia and Ethiopia.
edit on 15-6-2017 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join