It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump followers place personality over policies

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I agree with you about Obama. His actions toward the Middle East were nothing short of barbaric, he failed to prevent money from flowing into Saudi Arabia, failed to prevent the collusion between IS and the intelligence services, failed to bring to account those who were operating illegal spying programs against your citizens, failed to prevent the only two actual bloody patriots in your country from being inappropriately vilified for doing the right thing, and failed entirely to correct the imbalances in your society, created by the machinations of the banking cartels and big businesses.

But he had to be a FANTASTIC actor in order to achieve it. He boned your nation over, as did the man before him, while making many people feel the warm and fuzzies. No one with a brain is denying any such thing.

However...

What you have now is something different, I will give you that. What you have now is a man who will straight up piss in your face and tell you its raining, and rather than say it in a believable fashion, or as he peels away your rights, give you something in return (even if it is something you did not want or need, which Obama did on several occasions), he will simply tell you it is raining, and have his army of sycophants repeat the lie often enough that you believe that it IS raining, that clearly, the meteorological office are producing fake news, when all their evidence tells you that the liquid running down your face is not rain but urine.

He is not even TRYING to hide what he is from those who might unmake him, only from those too caught up in nationalistic pride and self interest to properly examine what is going on around them, and of course, it is beyond easy to fool someone who has already fooled themselves. Of course, he does not have to fool many of his supporters into believing him to be anything but a fascist, corporatist goon... because that is precisely what some of his supporters wanted from the start.

Understand me here, I am not saying that Obama, or Hillary are better people. I merely suggest that the level of support shown for Trump, is out of proportion to his ACTUAL divergence from the playbook. He is a fascist, its just he is a worse liar. That is all. He will tell you to your face that he is going to do something that only a corporatist, fascist apologist bastard would do, and rather than hide the fact, he will simply say "I am doing this outrageously fascist thing, but its not fascist if I do it for the right reasons" (which, of course, is a lie, and not a very good one either).

And I note, that despite his being elected on the basis that he would give power back to the individual, rather than taking it away, he STILL has not even BEGUN to address the privacy problem you have in the States, with your internet traffic, communications of all kinds and methods, being recorded blatantly without cessation by your intelligence services, despite the fact that the existence of the system which permits it is unconstitutional and unjust.

He has not even MENTIONED it. One of the biggest threats to the liberty and freedom of the people of your country in the recent history of the nation, and yet not a peep from the man who was supposed to give you those rights and liberties back, cut the red tape that was keeping the people away from the future they deserve? Its a bloody sham and a lie.

And yet most of his supporters refuse to acknowledge this, instead, they deflect to what Obama did, or what Hillary did even though she has never been President, or they start talking about the REAL Clinton, the one who was President, and what HE did, but not a one of those individuals will ever turn around and acknowledge that Trump has shaped up so far to be PRECISELY what EVERY one of his detractors has claimed of him. Its almost as if some of his supporters have a massive problem with the Truth.

It is also worth pointing out, once again, that Hillary and Obama are NOT left wing, or liberal in mindset at all. A liberal and left wing mindset is not evidenced by the manner in which a person takes rights, freedoms and liberties away from people. A left wing, liberal mindset is not exemplified by those who have entitlement and advantage in their lives. It is not the habit of those who have money and power in their lives. Left wing, liberal mindset is only properly carried in the streets, by people who have had nothing, and worked hard to get it. Clinton and Obama were liars, so was Bush before them.

The difference is that a great deal of people on their side of the aisle, knew it, accepted it, and refused to engage with them as a result, Clinton especially. As you know, I am a steaming great lefty, and I cannot stand either one of those people or what they did in their respective offices. I think there are a great many people in the Democrat Party who have no business attempting to represent the people, because they are too rich and stupid to know anything about the real lives of people at ground level, and too inhuman to care about them if they did.

But NONE of that takes away that your boy Trump is EVERY bit as bad, if not worse (just out of sheer blatancy more than anything else) than these people, and I only say worse because he might as well be carrying a sign around his neck saying "Here to screw you all, but I am President, so there is nothing you can do about it!". At least his predecessors had the decency to lie well about the corrupt nature of their hearts. His performance, however has been obnoxiously unbelievable. You do not even need to be smart to realise the lie, whereas you could argue otherwise for his predecessors. At least they were good at it, at least they had the polish necessary to fool some of the people, some of the time. This man though? He is literally fooling only the real dregs, everyone with an IQ higher than that of a baked potato covered in cat vomit, knows whats up by now.

edit on 15-6-2017 by TrueBrit because: grammatical improvements.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: GuidedKill

I saw an SJW recruiting website offering $15k per month. I was tempted to make a thread but didnt want to encourage them.

SJW should be a volunteer service just like congress use to be until they became corrupted. Its sad when you gotta buy your belief.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Don't need ATS to learn this. Just talk to your average Trump supporter, and it's clear that emotion was the dominant, perhaps only factor in their choice. Reason had nothing to do with it. He "spoke to their hearts", is what so many Trump people have told me.

Add to that that very few of them understand the constitution, or our whole system of governance, or how the world works in general, so personality, not substance or competence, are the guidelines they use when picking politicians.

Hell, forget about ATS. Talk to several different Trump supporters, and emotion dominates the majority of them. Mainly, fear, anger, and humiliation.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

So many threads you carry on shout how American liberals arent liberals. Perhaps you should make a little crash course reference thread for everybody explaining what you mean.

I find visual aids helps prevent thousands of words.
edit on 15-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Perhaps, but if so the percentage of those who didn't vote for Trump due to emotion must have been similar. What else but the emotion of anger was responsible for the violent and destructive disorder that took place directly after the election?

a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

With Hilary and Obama, there was still reality at play, and a healthy dose of cynicism and skepticism. Especially with Hilary Clinton. Very few people who voted for her actually liked her. I never even met a person who supported her, and I live in a strongly blue state that went to Hilary. People voted for her because Trump was a far worse choice for them, not because they actually liked Clinton.

Trump, however, has a messianic following that is cult like. his followers are true believers who are ready to defend the indefensible, because their continued delusions ride on his success. If he fails, their entire worldview falls.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I cant seem to name anything Trump has acheived.

Except make the US a international laughing stock.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

You are assuming all the protests involved people who actually voted. Most of them didn't. Which is what makes their protests all the more pathetic. Too lazy or apathetic to vote, but not too lazy and apathetic to go our and start breaking # when the people who did vote, voted differently.

When you bring in a mob in any context, even organized, reason goes out the window.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
How do you know that "most" of the rioters didn't vote may I ask?
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

edit on 15-6-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

So many threads you carry on abouy how American liberals arent liberals. Perhaps you should make a little crash reference thread for everybody ezplaining what you mean.

I find visual aids helps prevent thousands of words.

He's also very verbal about our constitution and how we don't understand it but he does. Full of empty and superfluous adjectives too.

I've pretty much stopped reading his self-important & virtue signaling walls of text because there is so little substance and way too much hyperbolic rhetoric.

edit on 15-6-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

There is the situation of local officials complaining about the paid protestors that cross state lines into their districts, there raising hell where theyre not even resident registeres voters, but beyond the i know not what data that argument derived from.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: Martin75
a reply to: DJW001
Fact: Trump has changed you
Fact: You keep making post about Trump cult but you are worse with the anti-Trump.

Opinion: Wouldn't you enjoy life more if you weren't so triggered by the fact that people like Trump?

A personal attack right out of the gate. Time: two minutes flat.

Yep. We aren't ALLOWED on ATS to be anything other than PRO Trump apparently.

Ad-homs flying, attack dodging...

Just ANOTHER day if you don't drink the Orange Kool AIDE on ATS.

Join the CULT or become a "suppressive person" ala Scientology.

And just like with CULTS I see Trump followers attack their OWN over who is "More" of a Trump fan. They do eat their OWN at times to be the "best" cult member.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

Fact: You keep making post about Trump cult but you are worse with the anti-Trump.

Opinion: Wouldn't you enjoy life more if you weren't so triggered by the fact that people like Trump?

Yep. We aren't ALLOWED on ATS to be anything other than PRO Trump apparently.

Ad-homs flying, attack dodging...

Just ANOTHER day if you don't drink the Orange Kool AIDE on ATS.

Join the CULT or become a "suppressive person" ala Scientology.

And just like with CULTS I see Trump followers attack their OWN over who is "More" of a Trump fan. They do eat their OWN at times to be the "best" cult member.

No it's another day and Trumpkins are getting sick and tired of being called names.

I support Trump because he was 120% better than the other scum they put before us.

Because I don't agree with you, you immediately start calling names.
It is OK for us to disagree, actually makes America a much more exciting place.
So stop trying to make me change, I'm not asking you to change.
Did you even read what I had posted that he was responding to? No?

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Maybe it has something to do with the source of the threads.........

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

There is the situation of local officials complaining about the paid protestors that cross state lines into their districts, there raising hell where theyre not even resident registeres voters, but beyond the i know not what data that argument derived from.

That's part of it, yes. When you have paid demonstrators protesting in places they don't live, or decisions that have no bearing on them, that calls into question the validity of the protests origins.

It is also a fact the majority of eligible voters in Clinton won states stayed home and didn't vote.

fivethirtyeight.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
It just continues to amaze me the hate. Then the Trump haters blame the hate on someone they know nothing about. Then, when you try to point out that hate you are a racist, mysiginistic homophobe who has an IQ of 40.

I did not like Obama but I never hated or put down those who voted for him like I see people doing to Trump or anyone who they think voted for him.

Get over yourselves. Last September the pundits made it sound as if by now every transgender, Islamic, or hispanic would be in a concentration camp ready for deportation. If you cannot name one thing Trump has done since the election you are either blinded to the truth or so full of hate you deny it.

If a Trump supporter had shot a sitting US Senator who was black the US would be on fire right now.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Lol, if you consider that a personal attack, you have no desire to have an honest debate. Have you perhaps considered some of us AGREE with some of current POTUS' completed actions AND with some of those those he wants to implement in the future...just like some of us (me for sure, can't speak for all others with certainty) agreed with some actions of former POTUS, though not all? That would be called having a personal opinion and last I checked wasn't illegal, immoral, nor socially unacceptable (except in certain elite left circles). BTW, your OP clearly indicate you were intentionally trolling other ATS members and it will be interesting to see how mods handle it...

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Barking up the wrong tree again I see...

What is being done to identify and cultivate a candidate who can beat President Trump?

What is being done to wrestle away Republican domination in the House and Senate in 2018?

Attacking Teflon Trump hasn't worked, ever. If anything, it damages Democrat credibility further. Continually doing the same thing, but expecting better results, isn't smart or wise.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

With Hilary and Obama, there was still reality at play, and a healthy dose of cynicism and skepticism. Especially with Hilary Clinton. Very few people who voted for her actually liked her. I never even met a person who supported her, and I live in a strongly blue state that went to Hilary. People voted for her because Trump was a far worse choice for them, not because they actually liked Clinton.

Trump, however, has a messianic following that is cult like. his followers are true believers who are ready to defend the indefensible, because their continued delusions ride on his success. If he fails, their entire worldview falls.

Actually you are quite incorrect in your thinking that you speak for all POTUS supporters. I support ALL POTUS, because when POTUS fails, USA fails. And before you run off labelling me, I voted for Obama twice...just couldn't vote this time to put a career criminal in office (and try to remember there is evidence Cinton violated Federal law (I carried a security clearance for just shy of 40 years and know the laws that apply)...I am still waiting to see any evidence on current POTUS (and reserve judgement until I actually see any). I have voted R, D, and I in both POTUS, mid-term, and local elections. Some of us do our own research and make our own decisions. I cross my fingers and hope, for the long term health of this Country, the rest of you figure out how to do that yourselves...and quickly. Oh, and again before you go off the deep end, the "rest" is a figurative literary term and not meant to be all inclusive. But what do I know, I'm one those uneducated current POTUS supporters.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I am actually very happy with Trumps policies and believe he could do even more if Democrats weren't trying to undermine him with bogus investigations and other dirty tactics.

Policies are why I voted for him and why I still support him.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join