It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump followers place personality over policies

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Real Journalists deserve all the awards they can get.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

If you do not think ATS is overrun with professional trolls intending to sow confusion, you have not been paying attention.

We do and we have. Your Freudian slip is showing.

If Anderson Cooper and Wolf Blitzer had a baby...

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Presidents haven't been picked for their policies since Reagan. Why would you think this election would be any different?

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx

originally posted by: Martin75
a reply to: DJW001
Fact: Trump has changed you
Fact: You keep making post about Trump cult but you are worse with the anti-Trump.

Opinion: Wouldn't you enjoy life more if you weren't so triggered by the fact that people like Trump?

A personal attack right out of the gate. Time: two minutes flat.

Your post was an attack alone on trump supporters. If you dont want conflict stop throwing bate. There are level headed liberals and level headed conservatives. There are also the crazies on both sides which you attack and throw bate out for... your post is pointless.

Then can you explain why no Trump supporters tried to defend his "infrastructure policies" on the serious thread, but they cannot resist flinging the same stupid insults and Hillary baiting on this one?

Trump hasn't even been in office long enough for me to hate his policies.

Obama sounded magical when speaking about his and he turned out to be one big giant lie. In a few years and don't see positive change I'll start being critical

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Interesting experiment.

There certainly seems to be some psychology operating behind the initial gut responses of Trump supporters. 'Our man right or wrong', or, 'It isn't cheating when my team does it!'.

And yes, many do instantly go for the insults. I mean, some of the threads/gifs/pictures/etc on this website lately have been disgusting.

It does frequently seem to me at least that a lot of Trump supporters are massively over-compensating for something.

And of course there is that old problem of con-men, that once somebody has been conned by a con-man, they don't want to admit it, so they'll dig deeper and deeper into believing the con, doubling down on it all. And I do feel we see a lot of that with the Trump Effect.

The question becomes, what does Trump have to do to break the illusion. He said himself, he could commit a violent crime, and his followers would still worship him.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

The question becomes, what does Trump have to do to break the illusion.

And there's the question I've had mulling in my mind for a while , we will perhaps discover the answer in the coming months or perhaps years.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Almost every single one of your threads is about Trump, all negative and a lot of them accusing him of being a Russian stooge.

Putin has manipulated the electoral process to place a weak minded demagogue in power. He has flooded the media with so much static that people feel free to dismiss any disquieting fact as "fake news."

And you wonder why Trump supporters don't care to talk policy with you?

Get real. It's because you're nothing but a main stream news parroting liberal with an obvious agenda. Talk about a partisan hack. Will you ever go back and admit you were wrong about Trump / Russia collusion? Doubt it. You'll move the goal post like everyone else has.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Hmm let me see. Another anti-Trump thread by an OP upset his other ones got laughed at.

edit on 15/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

And what exactly is your coherent political view?...Other than being a divisive, Leftist troll?
Nothing but a chronic case of hysterical Trumpitis...you should really seek some help.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
As someone that did not vote for trump, but defends him here on a regular basis let me offer my view.

1: I thought it was common knowledge that trump got elected because Hillary was just about the worst candidate possible.

2: I defend trump because 99% of the "scandals" are absolute garbage with nothing but "anonymous" sources and no actual evidence.

Find evidence of wrong doing and I'll join you in the criticism.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

At least they don't go around shooting people over politics.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Here is an experiment I conducted. This thread was posted at 11:04 GMT:

So your threads are just personal "experiments"?

Good to know.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
ATS has gone through a weird and depressing cycle. When I first arrived, I was enamored by the fact that there was zero trust for the media and government. Most of us already knew how politics and the media worked and it didn't take long for others to understand. Members used to "follow the money," do their own investigating and simply report what they found rather than cram it down people's throats. Many were aware of government black projects, secret political agendas, and the overall manipulation of society. Silent weapons for quiet wars. Certain members need to ask themselves if they have a grasp on the "correct" reality or just the one they're willing to accept.

edit on 18-6-2017 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Yep.

OP, you're not exactly giving Trump supporters an incentive to have an actual debate. You're all negative, all the time. If you aren't going to take them seriously, why should they take you seriously?
edit on 15-6-2017 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Hmm let me see. Another anti-Trump thread by an OP upset his other ones got laughed at.

But it's OK for other members to constantly post Pro Trump threads ?
Free speech hasn't been banned yet , Pro and Anti have their place.

As for Triggered , well it seems to me any Anti Trump thread is met with plenty of that.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Martin75,

Thats nearly right. DJ001 would probably have a better time if the USA was not being run by someone who has all the inherent wit of a baked potato, and had been elected because his policy plans were solid, costed correctly and firmly, and were not in any way reactionary nonsense, designed to attract the intellectually insignificant and entice the fascist hordes to his aid.

As for being triggered, its nothing to do with that (which is a term which is incorrectly used, to the detriment of people who have the correct mental illnesses necessary to qualify them and legitimise their use of the term to describe their OWN symptoms, or have them described by a doctor). There is a difference between being "triggered" and being unable to accept a situation where a person is elected because he has an interesting collection of mental illnesses, rather than because he has a valid, properly constructed, constitutionally solid, and above all passable set of policies on the issues that matter.

Trump had none of that. He had a chaotic collective of ideas which between them, have absolutely no one single panel in them, which could not be attacked from a constitutional point of view, and very little of which has any hope of passing through Congress, including most especially, the very policies which attracted the psychotic hater vote.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: UKTruth

But it's OK for other members to constantly post Pro Trump threads ?
Free speech hasn't been banned yet , Pro and Anti have their place.

As for Triggered , well it seems to me any Anti Trump thread is met with plenty of that.

Sure it's ok, but a thread to cry about other threads not being taken seriously is rather funny.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
But Trump has a lousy personality. I would rather concentrate on what good he tries to do for our country. All of which seems to being bashed by MSM and the Democrats now because it goes against what the far left believes in.

Trump is trying to fix things, maybe if he had a better personality he would accomplish more.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: GD21D

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
This thread raises the question of what persuaded people that Hilary Clinton would be a good president as much as it does anything else.

This is a fall right on your face fail.........

Hillary got less votes than Obama in 2012 and considerably less than Obama in 2008. Sounds like a lot of the democratic base wasn't really sold on Clinton.

Funny thing is, she still won the popular vote. Speaks volumes of the overall sentiment towards Trump in the U.S.

In your own words Clinton won the popular vote, which means that people voted for her in large numbers. The failure would here would seem to be one of self-contradiction, and it is yours.
edit on 15-6-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Martin75

Martin75,

Thats nearly right. DJ001 would probably have a better time if the USA was not being run by someone who has all the inherent wit of a baked potato, and had been elected because his policy plans were solid, costed correctly and firmly, and were not in any way reactionary nonsense, designed to attract the intellectually insignificant and entice the fascist hordes to his aid.

As for being triggered, its nothing to do with that (which is a term which is incorrectly used, to the detriment of people who have the correct mental illnesses necessary to qualify them and legitimise their use of the term to describe their OWN symptoms, or have them described by a doctor). There is a difference between being "triggered" and being unable to accept a situation where a person is elected because he has an interesting collection of mental illnesses, rather than because he has a valid, properly constructed, constitutionally solid, and above all passable set of policies on the issues that matter.

Trump had none of that. He had a chaotic collective of ideas which between them, have absolutely no one single panel in them, which could not be attacked from a constitutional point of view, and very little of which has any hope of passing through Congress, including most especially, the very policies which attracted the psychotic hater vote.

We had two choices. I still stand that we made the better choice!
I am not defending Trump. I get very frustrated with him but I can always say, it still isn't her. And I feel much better. On the other hand I do agree with some of the things he says.

I disagree on the triggered. DJWoo has been triggered and has lost all semblance of partisan sanity. When Trump is involved it does signal a mental problem. Once that is currently taking over the USA. The losers can't accept they lost.

Seeing as you are NOT a US citizen maybe you don't understand the movement that is going on. We are sick of the same 'ol #. THAT is why Trump won.

Arguing that fact doesn't change it, it will just keep things going in this direction.

As long as the "Old Washington" continues to dig in and refuse to change you will continue to see this fight from The People. We are sick and tired and demand change.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join