It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump followers place personality over policies

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Trump followers are more concerned about their hero's personality than his effectiveness or policies. They are quick to defend him even in the light of his transparent falsehoods, but are unconcerned by his policies. They can articulate his promises: "Build a wall and have Mexico pay for it," "bring back clean, beautiful coal," "renegotiate NAFTA," but they seem unconcerned by the fact that Trump never explains how he will do any of these things.

Here is an experiment I conducted. This thread was posted at 11:04 GMT:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Within ten minutes, there were eight responses. Most of the responses on the thread criticized the source.

This thread was posted at 11:38 GMT:

Within half an hour it got ten responses, mostly in the form of personal attacks. Most of the posts did not defend Trump, but rather defended Russia, claiming that Russia could not or would not blackmail Trump. No-one said that Trump was too virtuous to do what "The Dossier" claimed.

Yesterday, I started the following thread at 13:42 GMT:

It died at 16:48 after six responses. None of Trump's supporters tried to defend or elaborate on his policies. This suggests that, in fact, Trump's followers are a personality cult rather than a party with a coherent political view.

Comments?

+18 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001
Fact: Trump has changed you
Fact: You keep making post about Trump cult but you are worse with the anti-Trump.

Opinion: Wouldn't you enjoy life more if you weren't so triggered by the fact that people like Trump?

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
Fact: You keep making post about Trump cult but you are worse with the anti-Trump.

Opinion: Wouldn't you enjoy life more if you weren't so triggered by the fact that people like Trump?

A personal attack right out of the gate. Time: two minutes flat.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
Trump followers are more concerned about their hero's personality than his effectiveness or policies. They are quick to defend him even in the light of his transparent falsehoods, but are unconcerned by his policies. They can articulate his promises: "Build a wall and have Mexico pay for it," "bring back clean, beautiful coal," "renegotiate NAFTA," but they seem unconcerned by the fact that Trump never explains how he will do any of these things.

Here is an experiment I conducted. This thread was posted at 11:04 GMT:

Within ten minutes, there were eight responses. Most of the responses on the thread criticized the source.

This thread was posted at 11:38 GMT:

MY post will point out the very obvious fact the left hits Trump's 'personality' and not his supporters. I couldn't care less about his personality. Just the results. My only criticism of Trump is he's moving too slow, for my taste.

Within half an hour it got ten responses, mostly in the form of personal attacks. Most of the posts did not defend Trump, but rather defended Russia, claiming that Russia could not or would not blackmail Trump. No-one said that Trump was too virtuous to do what "The Dossier" claimed.

Yesterday, I started the following thread at 13:42 GMT:

It died at 16:48 after six responses. None of Trump's supporters tried to defend or elaborate on his policies. This suggests that, in fact, Trump's followers are a personality cult rather than a party with a coherent political view.

Comments?

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
This thread raises the question of what persuaded people that Hilary Clinton would be a good president as much as it does anything else.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

This suggests that, in fact, Trump's followers are a personality cult rather than a party with a coherent political view.

You guys can say that after 8 years of following Obama like zombies?
Sounds like butthurt because your threads were ignored. Gee. Wonder why.

edit on 15-6-2017 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
This thread raises the question of what persuaded people that Hilary Clinton would be a good president as much as it does anything else.

Wow. Third post: deflect to Hillary. Twenty minutes flat, with the ad hom getting four stars in that time. Still no-one trying to claim they know and understand his actual policies.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Comments?

"Butthurt" in less than half an hour. It seems to be the Cult's battle cry.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Well since I don't have a dog in this hunt I'll tell you what the problem is. The reason Trumpkins won't talk with you is you have become a political troll. Everyone sees it but I've known you for a long time and you used to bring up important topics. I figure when your done thus grieving process you will return to normal.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

"Cult"
Coming from Liberals, that's hilarious.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I would have done it more quickly if I had been on the site earlier. I always try to raise questions with my contributions to threads. I find it to be conducive to intelligent debate.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
All I see is a country that is becoming so divided it is getting scary. Like on the verge of civil war scary.

Putin was right when he said that he is seeing America at war with itself when asked what he thought of the goings on over there regarding Trump, the supposed collusion with him etc etc.

And if there were ever a trap laid by Russia to bring America to it's knees, you have all fallen for the bait perfectly. Russia did in reality not need to do a thing. You've all done this to yourselves, allowing your country to become bipolar and so partisan focused that you have become the laughing stock of the developed world.

Trump has made America Great Again alright, a great joke and a sad parody of it's former self that is. But it's not all his fault. Years of rot and corruption before him has lead your country to this dark place.
edit on 15-6-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The truth is Woo, you aren't taken seriously anymore by most of us because of your verbal gymnastics, ever-changing goal posts, and the inherent confusion and "not worth it" that causes in the attempt to unravel the multiple flaws and inaccuracies you craft.

It's not a lack of intellect or political depth that kept folk away from your threads. Quite the opposite.
edit on 15-6-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Wow. Third post: deflect to Hillary. Twenty minutes flat, with the ad hom getting four stars in that time. Still no-one trying to claim they know and understand his actual policies.

I have just starred and flagged your OP. Just in case you are upset by my post getting more stars than you thought it deserved.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
No comments other than politics are partisan and butthurt flows through all of us, but your butthurt seems to be in a more pronounced stage at this point than most people.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Your post was an attack alone on trump supporters. If you dont want conflict stop throwing bate. There are level headed liberals and level headed conservatives. There are also the crazies on both sides which you attack and throw bate out for... your post is pointless.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

This is a fall right on your face fail.........

Hillary got less votes than Obama in 2012 and considerably less than Obama in 2008. Sounds like a lot of the democratic base wasn't really sold on Clinton.

Funny thing is, she still won the popular vote. Speaks volumes of the overall sentiment towards Trump in the U.S.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx

Your post was an attack alone on trump supporters. If you dont want conflict stop throwing bate. There are level headed liberals and level headed conservatives. There are also the crazies on both sides which you attack and throw bate out for... your post is pointless.

Then can you explain why no Trump supporters tried to defend his "infrastructure policies" on the serious thread, but they cannot resist flinging the same stupid insults and Hillary baiting on this one?

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

You guys can say that after 8 years of following Obama like zombies?

Like Zombies?

Plenty of criticism towards Obama

His broken promise of transparency
Domestic surveillance
TPP
His attempt to push into Syria on a weak narrative
Expansion of Drone operations
Etc
Etc

I guess you guys were too busy going on and on about birth certificates and Benghazi to notice so it's understandable.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Well since I don't have a dog in this hunt I'll tell you what the problem is. The reason Trumpkins won't talk with you is you have become a political troll. Everyone sees it but I've known you for a long time and you used to bring up important topics. I figure when your done thus grieving process you will return to normal.

It's not a grieving process, it is war. If you do not think ATS is overrun with professional trolls intending to sow confusion, you have not been paying attention. Trump's infrastructure plans are important; they demonstrate the difference between Democratic thinking and Republican thinking. Trump's supporters don't care.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join