It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Baddest Man On the Planet

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
just watched the vids again.
i like he body shots but im not seeing the greatness that all of you see apparently.

im looking at his record too.
9 wins

earliest stop is round 4
a 5, a 7, two 9's, and a 10...those are against punchers....

if he had a dude throwing low kicks at his legs and scooping him up he would have a problem
my opinion

baddest dude on the planet should be able to stop you before 7 rounds

many badder than him
edit on 15-6-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

I just figure Slim could kick Leroy's butt too.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I've always found this to be a somewhat ridiculous argument. He's a super featherweight at 130 lbs. Against roughly similar weight classes, he's no doubt superior. "Baddest man on the planet" though? I somehow can't see him taking straight shots from, say, Anthony Joshua or Luis Ortiz. Similarly, closer to his weight class, ho would he fare against Terence Crawford?

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I've always found this to be a somewhat ridiculous argument. He's a super featherweight at 130 lbs. Against roughly similar weight classes, he's no doubt superior. "Baddest man on the planet" though? I somehow can't see him taking straight shots from, say, Anthony Joshua or Luis Ortiz. Similarly, closer to his weight class, ho would he fare against Terence Crawford?

people tend to think about other boxers mostly when conversations like this come up. most mentioned in this thread are other boxer.
when youre talking fights though there are so many people out there.
i tend to lean towards mentioning mma or jitsu guys but that is a small pool too.

thin about all the legit muay thai killers that are floating around out there.
dudes none of us know about but have been ripping it up in asia for years.
crazy strikes with elbows and knees. put vasyl in with one of those monsters and lets see what happens.

like this dude.

saenchai

305 wins and 52 losses in pro muay thai

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
what about alexander karelin.
he is 50 years old now but definitely in my category of one of the baddest dudes to walk the earth

en.wikipedia.org...

Alexander the Great" and "The Experiment", he is considered the greatest Greco-Roman wrestler of all time.[2][5][6] Karelin won gold medals at the 1988, 1992 and 1996 Olympic Games under a different flag each time (Soviet Union, Unified Team and Russia respectively), and a silver medal at the 2000 Olympic Games. His wrestling record is 887 wins and two losses.[7][8] Karelin was the national flag bearer at three consecutive Olympics: in 1988 for the Soviet Union, in 1992 for the Unified Team, and in 1996 for Russia.

887 wins and 2 losses an greco wrestling. #ing serious?
this dude went like 10 years without ever being scored on. training in siberia and #

i think vasyl lasts about 10 seconds before he gets his head smashed

scratch what i said
13 years without ever giving up a point

there is no boxer who has ever lived that alexender wouldnt have totally destroyed

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
That dude looks pretty BA too.
I think that he'd get his @$$ handed to him by Lomenchenko in a boxing match though. Likewise it'd go the other way in a Muy Thai fight.

I don't agree with the baddest man in the world title either, for practically any pro fighter for the same reasons mentioned in this thread.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Here's the problem with all of that, (I'll use David Tua as an example here) Tua wasn't a good boxer, but he had a WMD for a left fist. He scared the hell out of most heavyweights, even though his record wasn't the greatest, because all he needed was one left hook to end a fight. Put a guy like that, like Tyson, like Lennox Lewis, like Foreman, or Ernie Shavers against anybody considerably smaller than them and it becomes purely a game of keep away for the smaller fighter, regardless of how skilled they are. No matter how tough a cat is, there are physical limits of the human body which come into play and mean you can and will be broken by the right amount of force. (look at Mitch Green's face after he took a beating from Tyson... yeah, he never was knocked out against any man (his sole TKO loss was because he refused to defend himself after repeated warnings), but Tyson broke the man's face...

That's part of why I lean towards boxing to compare boxers. I admit that a highly skilled MMA fighter would have the clear advantage in an MMA fight against a boxer, but there's always the danger that the boxer crushes it with a lucky punch. Conversely, put an MMA fighter against a boxer in a boxing match and the boxer will always win.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

That's part of why I lean towards boxing to compare boxers. I admit that a highly skilled MMA fighter would have the clear advantage in an MMA fight against a boxer, but there's always the danger that the boxer crushes it with a lucky punch. Conversely, put an MMA fighter against a boxer in a boxing match and the boxer will always win.

for sure.
i agree 100%

when these conversations come up "who is the baddest dude on the planet" i tend to think of the two dudes in a parking lot or a field with no corner. no refs. no rules. no weapons. no time

just mutual combat

in a situation like that when it is just combat you think vasyl would be able to stay on his feet against a person like alexander? its not happening

or some sick thai boxer than can open his face with elbows and just stomp him into the ground?

thats just how i look at it

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

Have you seen his abnormal training?
Like when he plays that 'whack-a-mole' style game on the wall with the lights on it?

or this?

The wall drill is something I haven't seen before, pretty cool!

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Thanks for introducing me AK. My God the sh1ts just to
easy for him. I mean that was refreshing to see someone
with excellence like that.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Loma just recently moved up to 135, and crawford is most likely moving up to 147 soon.
It will take a long time for them to be able to fight.

As I see it right now, Loma is the only one who can come close to beating crawford at 140.
I would favor crawford, because he is the naturally bigger man, but other than that, no one can touch the matrix.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Saenchai is an absolute savage, Dekkers, Hoost, Buakaw, Dieselnoi, Samart etc all insanely tough dudes and awesome to watch in their own way.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015

Saenchai is an absolute savage, Dekkers, Hoost, Buakaw, Dieselnoi, Samart etc all insanely tough dudes and awesome to watch in their own way.

i love ernesto hoost.
peter aerts too

andy hug

ive mentioned this guy before but he was my favorite striker. from lithuania
remigijus morkevicius

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   
one of the lightest and yet

How can anyone argue...

IF this man was a heavyweight

Omg...

new topics