It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's official! Mayweather vrs McGregor

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

True but this isn't either...

Connor is stepping into the ring with the best... even IF hes retired

This is like... Tyson vs Mr Been

And don't get me wrong... i can't stand Floyd Mayweather... but you gotta respect talent

connor doesn't have any place in a boxing ring, with any professional boxer...

especially a fighter the caliber of Mayweather

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Connor been in a pro boxing match ever?
Floyd is really really a bad first time fight, like I said, Floyd is going to toy with him, it will be entertaining.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Mayweather has a dirty habit of holding his opponent's arm right after he's been hit. McGregor's entire fighting career has been around getting out of holds a lot stronger and a lot more complex than having your arm held like Mayweather will do. Mayweather will get hit...hold McGregor's arm...McGregor will slip that weak sh**t and knock Mayweather into retirement.

edit on 15-6-2017 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

Why would mayweather ever need to clench with this guy?

You see him hold people that actually hit him... much later in the fight

And most IF not all of those holds were in a title fight against another professional boxer

Connor is NOT a boxer...

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

This is like... Tyson vs Mr Been

How did the end of Tyson's career go?

BTW, here is a good rundown of why Floyd is a bit over-hyped.
Link

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Tyson was a tragic career but he's not the subject... don't get me started lol

Look who this site compares him too... mostly heavy weights.. and the ones that aren't Mayweather stomped...

watch the mayweather-mosley fight

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   
LMAO!!

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Mayweather will win this quite easily.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Regardless of who wins, I hope they both come to fight.
My fear is seeing Mayweather dodging and weaving the entire time and not even trying to hit McGregor. That will tire McG out if he doesn't play it smart.
There are so many variables in this fight. As mentioned earlier by another poster, Vegas isn't even sure.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
That's right, the super fight: MMA vs Boxing discipline set for Aug 26!

Fight announced

Mayweather is the favourite on this one according to Vegas odds makers.

But what if...just what if, McGregor KO's Mayweather?

The odds are currently at 7/1 for McGregor so $7 bucks back on every dollar waged if he wins and 11/1 for Mayweather means for every $11 dollars waged, you will get back $1 when... I mean if he wins.

I'm going to be putting down $500 on this one in favour of McGregor just to see what happens.
If I win That's $3500 and I'll take the family on a trip for the weekend.
If I lose, Well whatever. it's only $500 and will still probably take the family somewhere.

What about you ATS,
Anyone give a rats arse that this fight is finally going to happen?
Anyone else gonna put some chips on the table?
I'm a very, very, very lucky person. When I get that feeling, I just know.
I win crap constantly and I'm going to win this...and so is McGregor.

Edit: Mods, being a meat head, my sausage thumbs accidentally hit the travel forum. Please move to appropriate forum. Sorry about that!

What's the rules? MMA rules? Boxing rules? A mixture of both?

Okay so I poked around a little and it looks like its going to be boxing rules......go Connor? I wish.
edit on 6/15/2017 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT put money on McGregor.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

lol.. Love taps?!?!?

i take it you've never been in a ring...

Mayweather is just too fast, too accurate... the man was the best Boxer in his weight class, likely in all of boxing history

I've followed the mans career from the start...

this will be a slaughter from start to finish... even IF connor hits him, mayweather can take a good beating

This fight is a joke honestly...

I love boxing purists and Floyd fans saying conner doesn't have a chance. Connor will show Floyd angles he's never seen before and underestimating his ability at a high level is a mistake. Connors ability to move in and out will be a huge factor and having the touch of death.

10oz gloves not 12oz and Connor is much bigger and Floyd has pillow hands

Connor is the most calm and collected fighter I've ever seen with Supreme confidence in himself, believe me that he does think he can win.

I agree on paper Floyd should win but don't be surprised if Connor shocks the world.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
a reply to: Macenroe82

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT put money on McGregor.

The people who put money on McGregor and take the risk will double their money. Vegas has him as a massive underdog and rightfully so

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
McGregor was pretty upset over his payday from his last fight. Hes got a newborn, and he wants some of that Maywether money!
Why not take a page from Floyd's handbook?
This ones gonna be bigger than the Pacquiao fight I think...

Before everyone counts the Irishman out, watch the movie 'Snatch', and know the character 'Mickey' was based on a real Irish bare nuckle boxer. To quote Turkish,
"He was a gypsy bare-nuckle boxing champion. Which means he was harder than a coffin nail..."

edit on 15/6/2017 by Brian4real because: Grammer

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I'm calling it now... Connor... 20 seconds left in the first round, superman punch.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

This is boxing remember... no superman punches happening

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

What about boxing precludes a superman punch?

Jaden

p.s. it might not be the smartest thing, but it's not against the rules.
edit on 15-6-2017 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: Outlier13

Why would mayweather ever need to clench with this guy?

You see him hold people that actually hit him... much later in the fight

And most IF not all of those holds were in a title fight against another professional boxer

Connor is NOT a boxer...

I've watched most of Mayweather's fights and even in the early years before most people knew who he was. He has always been a fighter that holds his opponent when he gets rocked.

No sh**t Connor isn't a boxer. In a no rules fight where both boxing and MMA rules were allowed do you honestly think Mayweather would stand a chance? Connor would absolutely destroy Mayweather. So sitting on your high horse making obtuse statements like "Connor isn't a boxer" is ignorant. No sh***t he isn't. Which is exactly why if Mayweather tries to tie him up Connor will slip that weak sh**t and rock his jaw.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I guarantee 99% of the people tuning in to watch this fight damn sure aren't tuning in to watch Mayweather fight. Mayweather is about the most boring boxer in history. I'm not taking away the man's undeniable skills because he is for sure a good boxer. But never has he been an exciting boxer to watch. He's dull. People are tuning in to watch Connor.

On a side note the greatest boxing match in the history of boxing is Gatti - Ward 1. If you've never seen that match you are missing out on the 8th wonder of the world.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

It's the only worth while bet.
Mayweathers odd just isn't worth it on the return... unless I call the round.

But if MickyG DOES pull off a W, then heck that's a cool $3500. In the pocket from a $500 dollar bill that would have just been spent on some other nonsense.

Besides, It's only $500. If I was worried about losing it, I wouldn't be chancing it on a boxing event.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join