It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wapo Claims Mueller Changed Investigation to Obstruction of Justice

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   
If there is smoke there must be a fire. If it is not another smoke grenade to distract and divide the people...

But fact is, the smoke is becoming more dense, from day to day, from hour to hour.

It seems that the smoke is so dense right now, that the rest of the world can´t even see the former USA anymore, and doesn´t care about it anymore.

Long absent, soon forgotten.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
If there is smoke there must be a fire. If it is not another smoke grenade to distract and divide the people...

But fact is, the smoke is becoming more dense, from day to day, from hour to hour.

It seems that the smoke is so dense right now, that the rest of the world can´t even see the former USA anymore, and doesn´t care about it anymore.

Long absent, soon forgotten.

So what happens when Pence is POTUS?

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Debunked how?
He was asked straight up why he leaked his memos to aa friend. He said he needed to get the info out there because Trump tweet about tapes.

That wasn't your claim. You said that he lied, because he leaked about the memos BEFORE Trump's threatening tweet. That's not true. Comey's memo leak appeared days after Trump's tweet, about "hoping there are no tapes".

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Five sources, it most be the entire new Clinton team of donors that Mueller hired for his panel.

I guess Comey wish of having a revenge against Trump for been firing is coming true.

This will end just like the Russian Collusion nothing but more smoke.

Mueller is compromised.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Apparently it's been going on since early May.

Former FBI Director James Comey testified last week that the president was not personally under investigation at the time of his firing on May 9. "Officials say that changed shortly after Comey's firing," the Post reports.

NPR

officials tell the Washington Post

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
This is proof that the Russia narrative is dead, now they are moving the goal posts and going for the obstruction angle.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Debunked how?
He was asked straight up why he leaked his memos to aa friend. He said he needed to get the info out there because Trump tweet about tapes.

That wasn't your claim. You said that he lied, because he leaked about the memos BEFORE Trump's threatening tweet. That's not true. Comey's memo leak appeared days after Trump's tweet, about "hoping there are no tapes".

Explain to me how the NYT got the info for their May 10th story that detailed exactly what was in the memos?

Your explanation seems to be that Comey leaked info about the memo to someone who leaked earlier, knew that the NYT article was out there, saw Trumps tweet on the 11th, then decided that he needed to get his story out there even though the NYT had already posted it, so he leaks his actual memos instead of just the details of them to a friend to give to the NYT (which has already leaked the info in the memos on the 10th).

He then testifies under oath that the reason he released the memos was in response to Trumps tweet, completely ignoring the fact that the NYT posted the details that were in his memos the day before Trumps tweet.

If you are willing to spin this to make it seem as if Comey didn't lie, then I am afraid you are so partisan that you can not see reality.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

The memos were never mentioned until after Trump threatened Comey with "tapes". Trump mentioned tapes, Comey leaked memo onfo a few day later. FACT!

Before that, but after Comey was fired, the NYT published "sources close to Comey say"...

I can't remember what those sources close to Comey said, something about Trump asking for loyalty, I think. But, those "leaks" suggested conversations that Comey had with friends and colleagues. There was no hint of Comey having kept memos of all of his meetings and conversations with Trump until after Trump threatened him with those elusive tapes.

Remember also, Comey claims to have sent those memos out to the Deupty Director of the FBI, as well as other FBI and IT community department heads as they occurred, but not to Sessions. So, technically, that early "leak" of Comey's feelings could have been leaked by another person, other than the person Comey asked to give the memos to the press.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Then why would comey say he felt like he needed to leak his memos because of Trumps tweet, when he knew that all of the details that he wanted leaked were already reported on by the NYT>

Comey could have said what you said above in the testimony, but he didn't. He lied.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Then why would comey say he felt like he needed to leak his memos because of Trumps tweet,

Trump's tweet, threatening tapes, came as a reaction to the "sources close to Comey say" article, which was published in the NYT. As a reaction to Trump's threat of tapes, Comey doubled down, taking it a step further and let the media know that there were actual memos of their meetings. He stated that he did this to force Trump to release the tapes and to expedite the appointment of the Special Prosecutor.

As far as I know the media doesn't have those memos, only a segment of a memo that was read to them over the phone. Comey himself outlined the content of the memos in his testimony before the committee.

Comey could have said what you said above in the testimony, but he didn't. He lied.

Comey did not say that, in his testimony. He didn't lie. Come on man, Comey's too smart to lie under oath!

edit on 15-6-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Breaking I got the 5 sources that leaked the information to WAPO, it was the 5 pro Clinton donors that Mueller hired for his team

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Ridiculous.

I am to believe that Comey wOke up in the middle of the night worried about Trump tweet so he released memos to be leaked that said the very thing that the NYT had already reported?

If you want to believ this drek, you are welcome to.

And comey being to smart to lie under oath? hahaha! I guess we will see.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

...........so he released memos to be leaked that said the very thing that the NYT had already reported?

What he "released", through his friend or colleague, is the FACT that there ARE memos, which was previously unknown by the media and more importantly, by Trump himself, as a reaction to Trump's admonishment that Comey "better hope" that there are not tapes. Now we, the media and Trump know that there are memos. Are there tapes? Put up or shut up, Mr Trump, because Comey is "putting it up"!

I am to believe that Comey wOke up in the middle of the night worried

I don't care what you believe, but that's not what Comey said.

I woke up in the middle of the night on Monday night, because it didn’t dawn on me originally, that there might be corroboration for our original conversation, there might be a tape. So my judgment was, I need to get that out into the public square, so I asked a friend of mine to share the content of the memo with a reporter—didn’t do it myself for a variety of reasons, but I asked him to because I thought that might prompt the appointment of a special counsel.”
theslot.jezebel.com...

He said he woke up with an "idea that dawned on him", that exposing the fact, getting it out to the "public square" that there are memos, would force Trump to release tapes, thereby corroborating his story, and expedite the appointment of the Special Prosecutor.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Comey didn't say he needed to release the fact that there was a memo. He said he needed to release the "content of the memo". This content was already in the May 10th story.

Again, you can ignore reality all you want, but it is clear Comey lied.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Samantics. The fact thatComey kept memos of his meetings with Trump was the news bombshell! Before Trump's threat of tapes no one knew there were memos, except for Comey's close associates. FACT!

The very fact that memos exist became the next focal point in assessing possible obstruction and Comey's feelings as to why he was fired, which be believed was because of the Russian/Flynn thing. Trump admitted Comey's firing was about Russia. Comey has memos from his meetings with Trump that Comey believes backs up his "feelings".

That's what this all boils down to. There's no evidence that Comey lied under oath.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Another fake news story put out hours after yesterdays shooting to give the liberal media something to talk about besides left-wing terrorism.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Well if it doesn't backfire on him, Putin said he'd give him asylum if he wanted.

lol!!

Oh btw, what crime is he supposed to be obstructing?

edit on 6 15 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: The GUT

You're conflating a lot and you've allowed yourself to believe that the goal posts have been moved all the way down to: "If Donald J Trump didn't collude, case closed."

Except that's all political talking point.

In reality, Trump himself was never even a focus of the FBI's investigation. And here's the kicker, none of that matters now. Through his own ridiculous actions, Trump has actually managed to ensure he would be a focus of investigation — Mueller's investigation. And for that matter, the ongoing OIG investigation into Comey which Chaffetz requested be expanded to include the firing of Comey.

That's the irony here that escapes you. And as I said, the original investigation wasn't focused on Trump anyway. Nor was it concluded. Nor has anyone cleared anyone from the campaign. Nor is it necessary that collusion be proven for vindication of what you believe to be the "Trump Russia narrative."

I can 100% guarantee that the conclusions will be that the Russians meddled in the election. If not a definite conclusion, it will be with an extremely high degree of certainty that the Russians will be found to be responsible for the hacking of the DNC, DCCC and Podesta's emails (and likely others including GOP systems).

That's a foregone conclusion.

Collusion was always just one aspect and honestly, most of us who are serious about this s# haven't been running around saying that Trump himself colluded with anyone, despite the repeated straw man arguments to the contrary.

You need evidence? Did you get wind of the 97 to 2 vote in the Senate that just hamstrung any possible attempts by Trump to ease sanctions on Russia? I'm sure you appreciate the significance of that.

Interesting.

So russia was messing with the election?

What was comey, lynch and obama doing about it?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join