It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wapo Claims Mueller Changed Investigation to Obstruction of Justice

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Grambler

So it seems it will be Trumps word vs. Comey's.

Too bad Trump has a "tremendous" record of lying!

However, regardless of the "loyalty question", Trump has himself said that he fired Comey because of the Russian thing. It's Trump's own words and action that continue to indict him.

Sure and Comey perjured himself twice in his last testimony.

He lied about why he leaked the memos (the NYT article that showed the details on them was a day before trumps tweet).

He lied about how he heard about sessions recusing himself.

Trumps Russia comments in no way equals obstruction.

As comey has admitted, the investigation will continue unimpeded. Comey admitted Trump said he wanted him to go after satellite people in his campaign.

If Trump fired Comey for the russia investigation, I think it was bad politics, but I don't blame him. Comey found not one leaker (turns out he was fond of leaking himself), and he refused to tell the public that Trump wasn't under investigation.

Again, why are all of the anti trumpers perfectly ok with the FBI leaking info constantly to make trump look bad?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

1. Republican and lefty are not mutually exclusive terms. Maybe to the uninformed they are, but see John McCain for another example of a lefty republican.

2. Good. I hope it's true.

3. Who else would know what the investigators are investigating? Moreover, why would the sources remain anonymous if it wasn't a leak?

4. They don't just know each other they have a 15+ year relationship. Tell me, how good is your relationship with your direct reports who you're mentoring and recommending for your position? Pretty. Damn. Good.

A special counsel to investigate leaks coming out of the Mueller investigation is wholly warranted if this is true.

As for you're predictions about the end of trumps presidency if he does anything about the special counsel, you're a die hard leftist, your predictions are worthless as such. Keep hoping for impeachment though, it'll be a fun 8 years for you.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: stosh64
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Holy $h!t, I had never heard of that before.

Nice find Sublime.

I've been sitting on it for a few weeks and was going to post it at the opportune time - feel free to thread it - it's a game-changer.

Is that not to do with calls from Democrats over the Clinton investigation?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Yes, sessions can undo his recusal. In fact he narrowed his recusal to only matters pertaining to the campaign during his testimony. Obstruction is not part of the campaign.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Rosenstein worked under Mueller fact. Rosenstein appointed Mueller to the investigation, fact.

It was Rosenstein's recommendation to fire Comey. Fact.
It was Rosenstein who appointed Mueller. Fact.

And?

Thanks for the redundancy.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Obstruction of what? It's a counter intelligence investigation. There's not justice in a counter intelligence investigation.

If there were, the DNC would have been obstructing justice when they refused to allow the FBI to look at their computers that were hacked.
edit on 14-6-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

This was a major new items back in January.

NYT - Comey Letter on Clinton Email Is Subject of Justice Dept. Inquiry

Washington Post - Justice Department inspector general to investigate pre-election actions by department and FBI

NBC News - Clinton Emails: DOJ Inspector General to Review FBI, Comey Actions

Fox News - Inspector general to review DOJ, FBI handling of Clinton case

It's been reported on continuously. Pay close attention to these next two.

Comey fired before Justice Department could complete internal probe into his election actions

Two weeks before Trump's inauguration, Inspector General Michael E. Horowitz took the extraordinary step of publicly announcing a review into the FBI's inquiry into Clinton’s use of a private server while secretary of State.

Trump, along with Justice Department leadership, said Tuesday they fired Comey for his controversial handling the Clinton case. But the fact that Comey was fired as the official review of his actions was still ongoing is raising serious questions among congressional leaders and legal analysts about the speed with which Attorney General Jeff Sessions and newly-confirmed Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein recommended Comey’s dismissal.

Politico - Chaffetz requests DOJ IG expands probe to include Comey firing

Rep. Jason Chaffetz said Wednesday he's asked a Department of Justice inspector general looking into the FBI's behavior in the run-up to the 2016 election to expand its scope and include the firing of FBI Director James Comey.

“I request that you expand the scope of your office's ongoing review of allegations regarding certain actions by the Department of Justice and the FBI in advance of the 2016 election to include the facts and circumstances surrounding the removal of Director Comey,” Chaffetz wrote in a letter to Inspector General Michael Horowitz.

What you all seem to think is somehow going to sink Comey's credibility is going to backfire. I'm telling you.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Rosenstein worked under Mueller fact. Rosenstein appointed Mueller to the investigation, fact.

It was Rosenstein's recommendation to fire Comey. Fact.
It was Rosenstein who appointed Mueller. Fact.

And?

Thanks for the redundancy.

Yes, I agree. This line of thinking is a circle jerk, isn't it?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Comey sunk his own credibility on July 5th, 2016. And again 10 days before the election. And again in his testimony last week. The only people who think comey is credible are those succumbing to confirmation bias. Now, that's not to say he hasn't told some truths, he has. But to insinuate that he should be trusted based on his merits and history is a lame attempt at covering up the weaknesses of many of his statements.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

To some possibly.

Not to me. Time will tell.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

The leaks stopped when Comey left.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: thack

They've certainly slowed down a lot!

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Obstruction of what? It's a counter intelligence investigation. There's not justice in a counter intelligence investigation.

I am really trying to not be my normal snarky self but you're not making it easy!

What you're referring to is the FBI counterintelligence investigation. Mueller's investigation on the other hand has an extremely wide scope. To get some idea, I suggest you read Rosenstein's directive which you clearly haven't.

Politico - 7 questions that explain the special counsel

Mueller has been assigned to probe Russia’s alleged interference in the 2016 election, which the FBI had been pursuing, with Justice Department approval. Mueller’s authority specifically includes “any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump.” Rosenstein’s directive also says Mueller can pursue “any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation,” including crimes like perjury or obstruction of justice.

The order itself can be read here at the DOJ website. (PDF)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

What you all seem to think is somehow going to sink Comey's credibility is going to backfire. I'm telling you.

And we're telling you: Trump Russia collusion is a dead witch hunt. Comey's own words AND the law show no obstruction of justice on Trump's part. Comey's credibility is shot. Comey himself is probably guilty of obstruction, more than once, but he certainly needed to be fired nonetheless. Didn't the Dems say as much themselves just a few short months ago?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

He lied about why he leaked the memos (the NYT article that showed the details on them was a day before trumps tweet).

No, they weren't. This argument has been debunked. There were, however, leaked conversations with Comey and a close associate. The memos weren't mentioned until after Trump's threatening tweet, which brings up the questions of the tapes.

He lied about how he heard about sessions recusing himself.

How so? According to who?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Comey sunk his own credibility on July 5th, 2016. And again 10 days before the election. And again in his testimony last week. The only people who think comey is credible are those succumbing to confirmation bias. Now, that's not to say he hasn't told some truths, he has. But to insinuate that he should be trusted based on his merits and history is a lame attempt at covering up the weaknesses of many of his statements.

That's your own confirmation basis at work. You should realize that your opinion is heavily biased because you're a die hard Trump supporter. Outside of that bubble, Comey has more credibility than Trump by a country mile.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I certainly have. But obstruction and perjury are process crimes. They can only be committed in the investigation of an actual crime. The investigation into trump-russia never even existed only a counter intelligence investigation into Russia existed. So how can trump obstruct justice in a counter intelligence investigation. What justice is there to obstruct?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Mueller: Do you think Trump is obstructing justice?
Comey : YES!!!!!
Mueller: Then why didn't you report it to the AG as required by law?
Comey : Ummmm....I was hiding behind a curtain?

edit on 14-6-2017 by buckwhizzle because: lalala

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

LOL you really said that? You realize that trump supporters make up nearly half of the country, right? And they don't trust comey (according to you)... But outside of that half of the country comey has more credibility than trump... OK. Who brought trump into this?

Talk about living in a bubble.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: buckwhizzle

Cowering Comey.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join