It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wapo Claims Mueller Changed Investigation to Obstruction of Justice

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I fail to see how the men's working relationship, through their careers at the Justice Department, creates a conflict of interest.

Was there a conflict of interest when Rosenstein appointed Mueller, with whom he also enjoyed a working relationship?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
How much more evidence do you folks need?

Which brings up an intriguing legal question. Comey is a good friend of special counsel Robert Mueller — such a good friend, for about 15 years now, that the two men have been described as "brothers in arms." Their work together during the controversies over Bush-era terrorist surveillance has been characterized as "deepening a friendship forged in the crucible of the highest levels of the national security apparatus after the 9/11 attacks," after which the men became "close partners and close allies throughout the years ahead."

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

And Trump can't get rid of Mueller . Rosenstein can but he has already said he won't without good cause.

Educate yourself, you sound foolish.
Politico

link   

originally posted by: windword

I fail to see how the men's working relationship, through their careers at the Justice Department, creates a conflict of interest.

Was there a conflict of interest when Rosenstein appointed Mueller, with whom he also enjoyed a working relationship?

In my opinion, absolutely.

+5 more 
link   
Incompetent asses Mueller & Comey. Anyone remember when they framed the wrong guy in the anthrax letters case?

OP is right, this is going to get good.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

DC is a small town. The Justice Department is even smaller.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

It's not that small.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Work relationship? That's your conflict of interest?
They had a work relationship.
Any of you have relationships at work. Go out to lunch or have lunch together in the office. See each other at company picnics and Christmas parties. Work as a great team and get along well... But never see that person's home or they yours . They may know your spouse by sight but not to talk to. You don't hang out together or see each other outside of work and when you leave the position you never see that person again.
Yes. I'm sure you all have.Work relationship no matter how congenial is not the same as best buds.
But ill leave that to the experts. I don't think the investigation is going anywhere and trump keeps making it worse and worse.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Comey, at this point, is merely a witness. Who is more qualified to question a former FBI head to his testimony than a former FBI head? I don't see any conflict of interest. You're assuming that these men's working relationship and whatever friendship they may have forged comes before their patriotism. Would you assume the same to be true of soldiers on the battlefield?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Who the hell would Mueller claim is a witness to President Trump obstructing justice? How many people are in the position of being obstructed?

Maybe Mueller is becoming as mentally twisted as some of those judges who ruled against the Immigration Screening order. Mueller could go off the deep-end, and say that when President Trump declared that Obama had wiretapped Trump Tower, that was attempted obstruction of justice.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Hmmm, you sure are assuming quite abit there.

Let's try this:
If Trump and Putin went out to lunch, would you scream to the heavens, "RUSSIAN COLLUSION!!"

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Are you accusing Mueller and Comey, as well as Rosenstein, of collusion to frame the President for obstruction of justice?

edit on 14-6-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

You're assuming that these men's working relationship and whatever friendship they may have forged comes before their patriotism.

I'm not assuming anything. Try reading the first page of this thread.

Would you assume the same to be true of soldiers on the battlefield?

Are all soldiers cut from the same mold?

Who is more qualified to question a former FBI head to his testimony than a former FBI head?

Same answer as the last question.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Incompetent asses Mueller & Comey. Anyone remember when they framed the wrong guy in the anthrax letters case?

OP is right, this is going to get good.

That's nothing - you wanna break ATS today? - start a thread on this beauty - COMEY WAS UNDER REVIEW BY THE DOJ IN JANUARY FOR SHENANIGANS.

oig.justice.gov...

Comey - the dodgy one.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Are you accusing Mueller and Comey, as well as Rosenstein, of collusion to frame the President for obstruction of justice?

Are you dense or illiterate?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Everyone knew Trump may face obstruction of justice charges based on the evidence. If it is being pursued no one should be shocked.

People crying conflict of interest are just deluding themselves and trying to distract others from the fact that the president may have broken the law.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I'm not assuming anything. Try reading the first page of this thread.

I read it. So?

Are all soldiers cut from the same mold?

And you're familiar with Comey's, Mueller's and Rosenstein's mold?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

You're a grown up, imagine exhibit A.

Isn't that what you folks are accusing the left and media of doing? What evidence do you have of this "BFF" thing between Mueller and Comey, and why it poses a potential conflict of interest.

Wait what? After the dog and pony show that the democrats out on in sessions and others confirmartion hearings, demand recusals?

This is likely going to come down to Comey's word vs. Trumps, so I certainly wouldn't want one of their two mentors being the person having to decide which one is telling the truth.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Isn't that akin to asking a Dad to investigate his Son?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

A "Yes" or "No" answer would suffice. No need to be coy.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join