It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wapo Claims Mueller Changed Investigation to Obstruction of Justice

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Grambler

Comey did not lie under oath. You have your series of events mixed up.
Sorry.

I understand that you are incredibly partisan, and thats ok.

You probably won't care to listen to me, but I will try one more time.

I do not have events mixed up.

Here is the timeline of events.

May 10th- NYT releases story that uses almost the exact language that Comey would later use in testimony that he claims were in his memos. This story says that Trump asked for his loyalty and said Trump hoped the flynn investigation would be dropped.

May 11th-Trump responds to this story by saying he hopes there are no tapes of the conversation for Comeys sake.

May 12th or 13th- Comey claims he wakes up in the middle of the night and realizes that he should get out the details of his memos because of Trumps tweet.

May 14th- Comey leaks his memos to a friend so that he will give the details (note the friend never gave the physical memos over to the NYT) to the NYT, despite the fact that Comey knows the NYT alraedy reported those details on May 10th.

Comey lied plain and simple. He knew when he was giving his testimony that the NYT had already given the details of his memos on the 10th, and it was Trump who was responding to this on the 11th in his Tweet.

Yet he lied and claimed Trumps tweet is what prompted him to release the details of the memos to the NYT.

This is as clear as I can make it.

If you are so partisan that you can not ssee this is a lie, then there is no point having a discussion with you because you are delusional.

edit on 17-6-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

This is your take on it. I don't see it that way. The first article cited "sources close to Comey". When Comey decided to release the "contents of the memo", portions of which were read to a reporter, I believe he was thinking that he was releasing hard proof of issues that were being brushed off as only questionable rumors at best, or lies at worst, based on Trump's tweet. That's my take on it. Comey didn't lie. Trump's tweet pushed him to the next level.
edit on 17-6-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

This is your take on it. I don't see it that way. The first article cited "sources close to Comey". When Comey decided to release the "contents of the memo", portions of which were read to a reporter, I believe he was thinking that he was releasing hard proof of issues that were being brushed off as only questionable rumors at best, or lies at worst, based on Trump's tweet. That's my take on it. Comey didn't lie. Trump's tweet pushed him to the next level.

The why would he completely ignore the May 10th NYT story in his testimony?

And if he was seeking to dispel rumors, why wouldn't he have personally given the NYT the memos, or at least talked to them?

You have the right to believe what you want, and I am enjoying our conversation.

But I guarantee if it had been Trump or sessions that had did this, the media would have been all over how this was a lie.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Arnie123

Where did this info that Mueller is Comeys mentor come from and how even if that is true does that make a conflict of interest.

Comey regards his predecessor as a mentor, while Mueller considers Comey his protégé.

dailycaller.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

And if he was seeking to dispel rumors, why wouldn't he have personally given the NYT the memos, or at least talked to them?

He wasn't seeking to dispel rumors, he was seeking to confirm them. Why he didn't give the memos to the press himself, is anyone's guess. I believe it was a mistake on his part, especially since he said that he made sure that those memos didn't contain any classified information, and apparently he "talked" to people about the issues that he documented in those memos too.

But I guarantee if it had been Trump or sessions that had did this, the media would have been all over how this was a lie.

I think that it's interesting that the intel chiefs that were interviewed before the Congressional Committee all presented their feelings as reasons for refusing to disclose the answers to the questions being asked. And James Comey's testimony seemed to also revolve around his feelings. Strange.

edit on 17-6-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Will you at least agree with me that Comey made a mistake in not mentioning the May 10th NYT story, and it is maybe something that a reporter should at least ask him about to get his explanation?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

It doesn't bother me like it bothers you. But, sure. Let him answer for his omission. I'm sure we'll get a folksy spiel about his feelings.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Democrats moving the goal post. For months they stated there was collusion. Now that months and months have passed and there is no evidence of that, they move on to obstruction. Once that falls through, and it will, as even Comey never claimed obstruction, what will their next invention be?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
Democrats moving the goal post. For months they stated there was collusion. Now that months and months have passed and there is no evidence of that, they move on to obstruction. Once that falls through, and it will, as even Comey never claimed obstruction, what will their next invention be?

There may be a point where the libs have to admit the flat out truth that Hillary lost to an inferior and disliked candidate because she was even more inferior and disliked............nah, that will never happen.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

See the difference between Hillar's Nothingburger and Trumps Witch Hunt is that crimes were confirmed to have been committed on Hillary's side. "I Hope" is not Obstruction of Justice.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

There may be a point where the libs have to admit the flat out truth that Hillary lost to an inferior and disliked candidate because she was even more inferior and disliked............nah, that will never happen.

If she keeps throwing the DNC under the Bus that day will come sooner then later.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
It's delusional to imagine impeachment.

The House and Senate are in Republican control.

This is not an accident.

The Democrats did this to themselves.

Like it or not, the Electoral College has spoken.

It's enjoyable to watch the Cultural Marxists destroy their credibility.

The deeper they dig, the harder the hole will be to escape.

It may even collapse on top of them.

Allegations of Russian collusion from people whose ideas come from Moscow.

Accusations of Obstruction from the people who robbed Bernie.

The future is coming.

They are making sure it won't belong to them.

<< 7  8  9   >>

join