It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are we going with this?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Open_Minded Skeptic
I understand what you are trying to say, and I even agree with you on some level. But I have reached the point were I have let go of my fears. Stuff means nothing to me. In fact, I am presently in the process of giving away all the things that were valuable to me, to those family members that show an interest in them.

I am not just downsizing I am becoming, I guess, what some would call a minimalist. I only want what I am going to use and nothing more. I was surprised at how little I actually need. This comes after many years of fighting, working, and angsting over things that had control over, and too many of those things that I didn't. I am blessed to have reached the age and the position were I can let it all go.

I don't care where I live, as long as there is a solid roof overhead, and I am protected from the elements if need be. I don't care what there is to eat, as long as it is healthy and sanitary. I don't eat much meat anyway. It is mostly vegetables and fruit, which is much more expensive than meat by the way.

I say all of this to say, that even though I have let go of my fears, a new one has taken its place. My new fear I recognize as one that will stay with me as long as I continue to live. My only fear is that man will not turn himself around in time.

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join