It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's new H-20 is to be nuclear armed, first truly strategic bomber

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

The Pentagon has confirmed persistent reports that China's Xian H-20 stealth strategic bomber currently being developed will be able to launch thermonuclear missiles or drop thermonuclear bombs on targets as far away as the continental United States.

Rear Admiral Yin Zhuo, Director of the People Liberation Army Navy's (PLAN) Expert Consultation Committee said having the H-20 will become one of the symbols of the PLAAF as a strategic service.

Adm. Yin pointed out that China has never developed such a heavy and long-range strategic bomber before. He said China's current heavy bomber, the Xian H-6, isn't a true strategic bomber because it lacks the necessary long-range.

He praised the H-20, saying this stealth bomber will certainly be on par with the United States' Northrop Grumman B-2 Spirit. He confirmed the H-20 will be a stealth strategic bomber and that it might take 10 years to develop.

He noted China has gained some experience in stealth technology from the development of Chengdu J-20 and the Shenyang J-31 stealth fighters, so the materials and designs for the H-20 aren't big problems.

Adm. Yin revealed the cruise missiles, nuclear bombs and other weapons that will arm the H-20 are all in place. This means now is the time for China to develop strategic bombers.

Read more: www.chinatopix.com...

Note. Admiral Yin said ten years. He didn't say ten years from NOW. The question is when they started. I expect it will take more time before it goes into IOC. However, China has moved at a brisk pace with its J-20.

Now waiting for the crowd to come out and poo-poo this. (3...2....1....)

Physics works for anyone willing to spend the dinero, folks. Deal.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Another reason to reduce China to ashes when their puppet (North Korea) is dealt with.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Wait, China is developing a bomber with similar capabilities as the B-2?

That's just not fair now.

edit on 14-6-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Lucky the usa has some new radars we wont talk about that no stealth not even ours which is significantly more advanced currently then the b2 was can hide from.

So no worries.

Plus chinas not crazy. They aint going to nuke the usa or anybody.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Another reason to reduce China to ashes when their puppet (North Korea) is dealt with.

Snarl my friend you need to get laid more....it takes the edge of the whole ashes thingy..

I did read a couple of years ago that China's plan was to be on par militarily with the US by 2025...

Nukes are wonderful as it makes countries take a long breath before a shooting war starts....thus cue in proxy wars..

Maybe we could figure out how to send a few more Muslims to China..in a few years they will have enough internal problems to forget all about expansion..

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

"Plus chinas not crazy. They aint going to nuke the usa or anybody."

Agreed, not to mention why would they considering there financial situation regarding the U.S.

By the time China get that thing up in the air, and into active service, i imagine the mighty US military industrial complex will have rolled out some new toys to play with that somewhat circumvent or make her nuclear capability rather pale by comparison.

edit on 14-6-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

We already got something that makes nuclear weapons pale in comparison and china knows it. They arent going to catch up to the usa anytime soon. Although they are progressing pretty fast. 2025 is a very optimistic outlook by china and not exactlt totally realistic.

But you gotta respect china either way. Wouldnt be pretty to engage china on their own turf.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Awful decision, China relays on the USA as much as we relay on them, I doubt either country is dumb enough to come to blows over something like this or really anything in this day and age or the near future.

But you gotta respect china either way. Wouldnt be pretty to engage china on their own turf.

agreed but it also wouldn't be pretty to engage the USA on our own turf either.

edit on 14-6-2017 by caf1550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

"Wouldnt be pretty to engage china on their own turf."

Nope, considering the size of the place, and the number of troops they could theoretically field against any invasion force i imagine that would be a war nobody would wish to fight, even with nuclear weapons.

Same could be said regarding any Chinese invasion of the US.

Which is why it will never happen.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Snarl my friend you need to get laid more....it takes the edge of the whole ashes thingy..

Ain't that the truth?? LOL

Maybe we could figure out how to send a few more Muslims to China..in a few years they will have enough internal problems to forget all about expansion..

You need to get closer to the POTUS so he can be properly advised.

*good to see you on the boards, (big) brother.*

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Ever since our MOAB drop, I've seen an uptick of global destruction devices being advertised by whatever country...

Business is good it seems.

b
edit on 14-6-2017 by Bspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Bspiracy

It's been going on long before that happened.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yup..
but i see mucho overtime in bomb making factories across the globe now compared to the past few decades..
b

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I don't mind china progressing, I DO mind that the CCP is gaining more power under the guise of international cooperation.

The Silk road? Look at that map, trade routes? Sure, they are also routes to easily move your military around.

Mark my words, we will see conflict between our nations and I have a feeling it'll come to either an accident between AFs or Navy.

I absolutely despise the ccp and hope to god ROC one day come to power and reestablish a democratic China. Notice, I despise the ccp so much that I make it a point to never capitalize the "c" in china, unless it is in reference to the ROC, then China. I've even taken hits on essay from that.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

There's been a lot of it going on for about 8 or 9 years now. Other nations are catching up, and have begun producing new weapons systems and are bragging about them. Some of them are pretty damn scary too.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

China - Hell March: The largest army in the world.
edit on 14-6-2017 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

My point exactly..
On the world stage, the weapons between Russia and China now both demonstrate operational capabilities of out maneuvering our postured defenses.

Couple that with the middle east and north korea and your statement of others "catching up" is past tense.

Thanks MOAB for setting off another conditioned arms race

b

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

The US hasn't had a capable defense against some of their weapons, ever. Russian ICBMs have been capable of outmaneuvering whatever defenses we've had since they killed the Nike program. And they've always had an edge in missile weapons. We counter with Electronic Warfare systems that are better, although that gap has closed drastically in the last few years. The only theater/medium range weapon either currently has that can outmaneuver the Aegis BMD or THAAD is the DF-21, boost glide weapon. And that's because it's hypersonic. No one has a good defense against a hypersonic weapon yet, because there hasn't been an operational one prior to that.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Hypersonic is the most recent MSM touted capabilities from Russia and China..

While I am no expert on the intracacies of the capabilities of produced versions of all the recent systems, there seems me to be much more MEDIA hype since the MOAB.

I wasn't truly aware of the "cold war" because of a lack of maturity but i definitely feel something similar developing and the ineffectual use of bombs like the MOAB is spurring a STUPID amount of dick display among nations.

b

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join