It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special counsel is investigating Trump for possible obstruction of justice

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Yes by a long shot.

Our president intelligently defending himself concerns me far less than unelected deep state people committing felonies everyday in an attempt to overthrow the results of an election.

Trump will only be around 8 years at most. The deep state is going nowhere, and if they can commit felonies and make up stories and with the help of their media pals attempt to get rid of the elected leader of our country, we have truly lost what little say we have left in how this country is ran.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Our president intelligently defending himself concerns me far less than unelected deep state people committing felonies everyday in an attempt to overthrow the results of an election.

They cannot overthrow the election results. It's done...over!

The only thing that can happen now is the president puts himself in a position to be removed in accordance to the rule of law.

His stupidity is what may bring that about. Not some deep state, MSM conspiracy nonsense.

Trump will only be around 8 years at most. The deep state is going nowhere, and if they can commit felonies and make up stories and with the help of their media pals attempt to get rid of the elected leader of our country, we have truly lost what little say we have left in how this country is ran.

Pull your head out of your ass and stop regurgitating propaganda bull#. If Trump's election has proven anything it's that the government can be turned on a dime by the power of the people. We can change what we want when we want. Unless you'd like to admit that Trump is part of the deep state, whom you support/ed.

Can't have it both ways.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

The anonymous sources thing... that's a basic right of a free press. People need to stop complaining about that. Anonymous sources are here to stay and any time the subject is a person or institution of power, anonymous sources are how truth gets out. We need that. If a free press is suddenly a problem when Trump is president, that's more an indictment of Trump, not the media.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Hahaha!

Hilarious!

You have no concern for the illegal leaks that occur on a daily basis.

You were so concerned with Trump russian collusion that was being fed to you by these people, and now when you find out it was all a lie you jump right to the next conspiracy.

Schumer says the IC will get back at Trump. They leak nonstop, and their pals in the media attack Trump 24/7= ok by you.

Trump trips up trying to defend himself from constant attacks= huge deal.

Doesn't sound that you are as impartial as you claim.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

The anonymous sources thing... that's a basic right of a free press. People need to stop complaining about that. Anonymous sources are here to stay and any time the subject is a person or institution of power, anonymous sources are how truth gets out. We need that. If a free press is suddenly a problem when Trump is president, that's more an indictment of Trump, not the media.

But when those anonymous sourced stories turn up to keep being wrong, why should I trust them.

Sure the media has a right to use them, but I have a right to not believe a story (on any side) until I see proof or named source that can be verified.

However, illegal leaks from the Inteligence community is a big deal, and so far the only crime that we know was committed.

And yet some people do not seem that concerned about that.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Trump/Russia intel is not being fed by some fringe source... It was the consensus of U.S. Intelligence Community that Russia interfered in the election. The FBI has opened an investigation into Russian collusion.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

You have no concern for the illegal leaks that occur on a daily basis.

I did not say that. Do not make assumptions.

You were so concerned with Trump russian collusion that was being fed to you by these people, and now when you find out it was all a lie you jump right to the next conspiracy.

Trump colluding with Russia was not something I ever expressed much concern over.

You are projecting.

Schumer says the IC will get back at Trump. They leak nonstop, and their pals in the media attack Trump 24/7= ok by you.

I've never said that was ok. You are making # up, once again.

Poor form.

Trump trips up trying to defend himself from constant attacks= huge deal.

Trump tripped up because he is an idiot.

Big deal.

He is the president of the US.

Doesn't sound that you are as impartial as you claim.Doesn't sound that you are as impartial as you claim.

I'm fond of evidence and logic. That's tough for many to grasp and it appears you have a lazy relationship with such things, because your post lacks both.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Well glad we are not being cordial to each other after a couple of posts of it.

I said I was concerned about leaks and stories being made up about Trump.

you replied.

No, it's not more ridiculous. The media is what it is and we can hold them accountable for the crap they push, but we are talking about the WH and the President of the United States.

Why can't the President do any better than those we bash as fake news?

So if you are not concerned about Trump/Russian collusion, what are you saying here?

Its more ridiculous that Trump says dumb things than that the intelligence community is committing felony leaks against Trump almost every day?

For someone who claims to be fond of logic, being more concerned with someone saying something dumb than our intelligence community being politicized and committing felonies everyday seems like quite the illogical position.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I said I was concerned about leaks and stories being made up about Trump.

But you don't seem to be concerned about what Trump is doing. While we can dismiss the press at our leisure, we cannot do the same with Trump.

So if you are not concerned about Trump/Russian collusion, what are you saying here?

I'm saying just what I posted.

We can easily dismiss the media and the fake news they push, but the president, who is in charge of the US government, can't seem to send his people out to defend him properly against those that push fake news.

Yet, you want to push a propaganda narrative about the deep state and propaganda...see where this is going?

The media may be right.

Its more ridiculous that Trump says dumb things than that the intelligence community is committing felony leaks against Trump almost every day?

Yes. We don't know where the "leaks" are coming from. That is an assumption on your part. But we know Trump is saying dumb things that may even implicate himself in these investigations.

That's ridiculous.

For someone who claims to be fond of logic, being more concerned with someone saying something dumb than our intelligence community being politicized and committing felonies everyday seems like quite the illogical position.

You cannot prove that. That's how illogical your position is.

You're defending stupidity over something you cannot prove.
edit on 18-6-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-6-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Of course I can prove it!

Even on this post, you admit that you are more concerned with Trumps comments than the leaks, which we know are coming from intelligence community members, and we know are illegal.

And as far as easily dismissing fake news, you didn't (and nor did I for that matter)

We talked about them all the time on ATS.

The simple fact is you are admitting you are more concerned with Trump being dumb than the illegal leaks. That is an illogical position.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Republicans revoke their right to complain about leaks. They were cheering every day for the new batch of email leaks from Hillary's campaign. They supported Trump when he called on Russia to leak more hacked emails. They applauded Wikileaks with the daily email batches.

That set the precedent. Per Election 2016 rules, not only are leaks okay with Republicans and those on the right, you can even call on foreign governments to commit espionage.

So stop with the faux outrage about leaks. That one is spent.
edit on 18-6-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

Republicans revoke their right to complain about leaks. They were cheering every day for the new batch of email leaks from Hillary's campaign. They supported Trump when he called on Russia to leak more hacked emails. They applauded Wikileaks with the daily email batches.

That set the precedent. Per Election 2016 rules, not only are leaks okay with Republicans and those on the right, you can even call on foreign governments to commit espionage.

So stop with the faux outrage about leaks. That one is spent.

Wait I thought nothing was classified from Hillary?

And I thought it was hacks, not leaks?

You hillary defenders really need to get your story straight.

And in the future, when a real liberal that is against nation building wars gets in, and the intelligence community constantly leaks to destroy that presidency, you have lost your right to complain.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Of course I can prove it!

No, You can't. Not sure why you would even think anyone on this forum is dumb enough to believe you can.

Please prove whom is guilty within the IC community of committing a felony and what they are guilty of.

Even on this post, you admit that you are more concerned with Trumps comments than the leaks, which we know are coming from intelligence community members, and we know are illegal

Same request stands.

The simple fact is you are admitting you are more concerned with Trump being dumb than the illegal leaks. That is an illogical position.

You can't even prove where the leaks are coming from. The fact you cannot separate the leaks from the powers/assertions of the sitting US president is illogical, or stupid.

You take the pick.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I gotta get some sleep.

I just want to make sure I am understanding you correct.

Are you actually claiming that there is no proof that these illegal leaks are coming from the intelligence community?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Grambler

Now reports that Trump is not yet under investigation by Mueller.

Then on Sunday, the plot thickened further when according to ABC, special counsel Robert Mueller has not yet decided whether to investigate President Trump as part of the Russia probe, suggesting the WaPo report that a probe had already started was inaccurate.

"Now, my sources are telling me he's begun some preliminary planning," Pierre Thomas, the ABC News senior justice correspondent, said of Mueller on ABC's "This Week" although he too, like the WaPo, was referring to anonymous sources, so who knows who is telling the truth.

"Plans to talk to some people in the administration. But he's not yet made that momentous decision to go for a full-scale investigation."

www.zerohedge.com...

Honestly, Grambler, I'm confused.

His legal counsel says he's not being investigated, but fails in defending the tweet Trump made in epic proportions. The CNN video with Sekulow was a trainwreck.

Was this an official WH retraction or clarification, or was this his own legal team trying to do damage control?

I'm more than willing to concede points when necessary, but this appears to be a weak political "stroke".

Pathetic, actually.

What is pathetic is your mental gymnastics.

Trump's legal counsel has confirmed that Trump's tweet was in response to the WaPo story and that no one has told Trump he is under investigation - just like i told you. That was pretty obvious to any objective person.
Let's not forget you claimed as fact that Trump was under investigation and now you have egg on your face - again.

There is a WaPo story with anonymous sources who say Mueller is setting up interviews with people like Rogers.
There is also now another anonymously sourced story saying that Trump is not yet under investigation.

The only FACT is that we just don't know.

I knew you would entrench yourself further and continue to spread propaganda, but you are only making yourself look silly.

edit on 19/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Are you actually claiming that there is no proof that these illegal leaks are coming from the intelligence community?

You seem confused. If they are leaks they are true, and Donald Trump is under investigation for obstruction of Justice, as he should be. In that case, Donald Trump's tweet is factual, as is the Washington Post story. That means his lawyer is out of the loop, speculating (he admits he's not a mind reader), or lying. Which do you think it is? And if the story is true, which is reasonable, why do you think the leak is necessarily from the intelligence community? Perhaps staff members who have been visited by FBI agents have been going to the press to prepare a ratline.
edit on 19-6-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Exactly the goal of Russia's disinformation program.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: UKTruth

Exactly the goal of Russia's disinformation program.

What? Facts are Russian disinformation? lol.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke
a reply to: DJW001

Trump Attorney Insists President Is Not Under Investigation

Lawyer: Trump will address mystery of the tapes by Friday

I doubt there is much mystery to the tapes - I suspect Trump was thinking aloud on twitter as he often does, including about the WaPo story. Not surprising at all that he would think there might be tapes given he knows he has been spied on, as have tens of thousands of other Americans.

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28 >>

join