It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special counsel is investigating Trump for possible obstruction of justice

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Oh so NOW you take Trump at his word.
So Obama did order surveillance on Trump tower to spy on his opponents then? Right?

The funniest thing is you must think people don't remember every time you shift positions to suit your propaganda.

At least you are good for a laugh.
edit on 16/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Let's keep track of the fact that he doesn't believe WaPo's anonymous source:

originally posted by: introvert

I am not taking either one's [the anonymous sources from the WaPo story alleging Trump is under investigation] word.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

I am not taking either one's [the anonymous sources from the WaPo story alleging Trump is under investigation] word.

Yep - he takes Trump at his word on Twitter... lot's to enjoy with that. I guess that he agrees the left wing media is fake news now too - Trump said so and must know if they are lying about him. There are plenty more Trump tweets to enjoy.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Hey introvert Rosenstein may recuse himself from the investigation, I guess Trumps tweet was a secret code

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Hey introvert Rosenstein may recuse himself from the investigation, I guess Trumps tweet was a secret code

Don't wind him up, I have finally got him to admit that Obama ordered the spying on Trump and that left wing media is fake news. We're making good ground.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

You don't have to create context out of thin air. You just have to be familiar with the way Trump speaks, beyond little snippets taken out of context you see on CNN. He utilizes sarcasm a fair bit. It's not very farfetched that the tweet was meant to be sarcastic, especially considering how adamant he's been to date that he's not under investigation.

Yes, you are creating context out of thin air.

Actually, if you wanna take his tweet 100% literally word for word, he actually didn't confirm the WaPo story anyway.

I did not say it did.

WaPo reported he's under investigation by Mueller. Trump's tweet was that he's under investigation by the guy who told him to fire Comey. That would be Rosenstein. That doens't even make sense. The Deputy AG doesn't conduct investigations. But that must be what's happening, because we must take Trump's tweet 100% literally, according to you.

I believe Rosenstein is the one that would convene a SC.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

We have no reason not to in this case. There has been no retraction or official clarification. Just an unnamed source.

So Obama did order surveillance on Trump tower to spy on his opponents then? Right?

Deflection.

The funniest thing is you must think people don't remember every time you shift positions to suit your propaganda.

I'm actually very consistent, thank you.

Still not willing to address your ever shifting sands of hypocrisy and dishonesty?

Deflect all you like. You will still be you.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

He doesn't convene anything, he appoints a special counsel and the special counsel investigates. Regardless, you want to take Trump 100% literally, and if taken literally it makes no sense. But you must believe that Rosenstein is conducting an investigation himself now. Unless you just wanna admit he may not have meant it 100% literally.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

We have no reason not to in this case. There has been no retraction or official clarification. Just an unnamed source.

Deflection.

I'm actually very consistent, thank you.

Still not willing to address your ever shifting sands of hypocrisy and dishonesty?

Deflect all you like. You will still be you.

You took Trump at his word - that is your evidence to support your 'facts'. You must also take him at his word in his other tweets. Therefore you agree Obama ordered the spying and that left wing media is fake news. You can't have it both ways - unless you are a hypocrite.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Even Rosenstein is warning about fake news.

link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Yep - he takes Trump at his word on Twitter... lot's to enjoy with that. I guess that he agrees the left wing media is fake news now too - Trump said so and must know if they are lying about him. There are plenty more Trump tweets to enjoy.

I sure do take him for his word on this one. He is the president, he said it and he provided no context to indicate he meant otherwise. Considering the current situation, it is easy to believe he is being investigated.

You can yuk it up all you like. While you think it's funny, what you are really suggesting is that we cannot trust Trump and take hi for his word.

Didn't think about that, did you?

link   

Don't wind him up, I have finally got him to admit that Obama ordered the spying on Trump and that left wing media is fake news. We're making good ground.

I did not.

Don't lie.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I sure do take him for his word on this one. He is the president, he said it and he provided no context to indicate he meant otherwise. Considering the current situation, it is easy to believe he is being investigated.

You can yuk it up all you like. While you think it's funny, what you are really suggesting is that we cannot trust Trump and take hi for his word.

I never take Trump at his word on his Twitter account, but you do. You said so.
It appears now, though, that you are back tracking and want to pick and choose based on what propaganda you want to push ... now there is a surprise.

Are you now switching from 'fact' to 'easy to believe'?
I seem to recall that when Trump said Obama was spying on him, not only did you not take him at his word, you actually dismissed the WH statement that provided context. It seems you are a bit inconsistent all round when you have a story to push.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Even Rosenstein is warning about fake news.

Something else that has been dismissed as it doesn't support the agenda.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I never said 100% literal. Whether he thinks Rosenstein is investigating it or getting a SC together is irrelevant to the fact he said he's being investigated and Rosensteirn is involved.

Make whatever you like out of that. Trump still said investigation...
edit on 16-6-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Actually what he's suggesting is that there's more to it than 143 characters. Don't lie.

You still think Rosenstein is conducting his own investigation into Trump, which is absurd.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Well if you don't take it 100% literally you have to infer some context, because literally it means Rosenstein is investigating him. and the Deputy AG doesn't investigate people. So do you take it 100% literally or are you inferring some context?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I never take Trump at his word on his Twitter account, but you do. You said so. It appears now, though, that you are back tracking and want to pick and choose based on what propaganda you want to push ... now there is a surprise

I rarely do either, but in this case there is no reason to suggest we should not take his word for it. Unlike the Obama example you provided, there is much evidence that gives credence to his words, like the existence of another investigation taking place on the very same issue.

So not only is it a bad example, it's illogical.

Are you now switching from 'fact' to 'easy to believe'? I seem to recall that when Trump said Obama was spying on him, not only did you not take him at his word, you actually dismissed the WH statement that provided context. It seems you are a bit inconsistent all round when you have a story to push

Yes, I remember that issue. If I remember correctly the WH statement had to clarify because Trump's statement in and of itself was not correct.

There has been no such official clarification on this issue yet, as far as I know, so therefore there is no reason to suggest he meant anything other than what he said.

edit on 16-6-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Actually what he's suggesting is that there's more to it than 143 characters. Don't lie.

Of course there is more to it than just 143 characters. But Trump did not expand on it or clarify. He said what he said and left it at that.

Therefore it is reasonable to conclude he's talking about an investigation that he thinks is a witch hunt.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Well if you don't take it 100% literally you have to infer some context, because literally it means Rosenstein is investigating him. and the Deputy AG doesn't investigate people. So do you take it 100% literally or are you inferring some context?

I infer nothing. He said investigation is a witch hunt.

Whether he thinks Rosenstein is doing it himself or appointing a SC I will leave you to infer all you like.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join