It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special counsel is investigating Trump for possible obstruction of justice

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
If Trump's lawyer says that Mueller investigating him is a "leak," it is a confirmation that the story is true. Why do you keep battling truth?

The leak is actually about interviews being set up with Coates and Rogers amongst others. WaPo added the part about the investigation into Trump. So, no, Trump's lawyer calling this a leak is not confirmation of WaPo's conclusion.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I believe we are witnessing a power struggle. The old group that was under Obama/Clinton for 8 years do not want Trump and his ilk in power. Thus we have a struggle/investigations every week. Nothing is going to come out of any of this. But it's creating an unstable environment that may cause a couple riots. Or create more psychopathic individuals.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein issued a statement Thursday night warning Americans not to "accept as true" stories based on "anonymous officials." "Americans should exercise caution before accepting as true any stories attributed to anonymous 'officials,' particularly when they do not identify the country -- let alone the branch or agency of government -- with which the alleged sources supposedly are affiliated. Americans should be skeptical about anonymous allegations. The Department of Justice has a long-established policy to neither confirm nor deny such allegations," Rosenstein's full statement read.

I guess he is speaking to those that are spreading propaganda and drawing incorrect conclusions.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

What's the other countries?
What does he mean with that inclusion?
Think mother Russia is about to turn on the trumpeter?
He can't deliver on the relief of sanctions he promised them for their help in the election.
Hookers??
Golden showers??
Lol. What story are they weakly attempting to get in front of.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Mother Russia is not pleased.

www.rawstory.com...

This happened yesterday and Rosenstein releases this statement hours later.

Can you say DOSSIER??? I knew that you could.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

What's the other countries?
What does he mean with that inclusion?
Think mother Russia is about to turn on the trumpeter?
He can't deliver on the relief of sanctions he promised them for their help in the election.
Hookers??
Golden showers??
Lol. What story are they weakly attempting to get in front of.

No, he is politely saying that those who believe and spread propaganda are idiots.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The deep state is pushing it anti-Russian agenda so far that the US allies are starting to turn their back on them ... it's gonna be hard to blame Trump with that one.

Germany and Austria warn US over expanded Russia sanctions

edit on 16-6-2017 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: -

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Oh yeah I'm so sure.
Hahaha

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Satire:

edit on 16-6-2017 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

No he's not.
Do you think everybodies just snotty like that?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein issued a statement Thursday night warning Americans not to "accept as true" stories based on "anonymous officials." "Americans should exercise caution before accepting as true any stories attributed to anonymous 'officials,' particularly when they do not identify the country -- let alone the branch or agency of government -- with which the alleged sources supposedly are affiliated. Americans should be skeptical about anonymous allegations. The Department of Justice has a long-established policy to neither confirm nor deny such allegations," Rosenstein's full statement read.

I guess he is speaking to those that are spreading propaganda and drawing incorrect conclusions.

Is Trump spreading propaganda and untruths about himself with his tweet this morning?

He admits he is under investigation.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Is Trump spreading propaganda and untruths about himself with his tweet this morning?

He admits he is under investigation.

Well a source close to his legal team said that's not what he meant by his tweet. It reads with a certain amount of sarcasm, if you have ever listened to Trump speak, it helps understand his tweets better. It looks like he was making fun of WaPo's story.

However, a separate source close to Trump's legal team said the president was not confirming he was under investigation. He was simply referring to the content of a recent Washington Post story.

So you have "a source" from WaPo and "a source" from Fox. Which one any of us wants to believe probably depends on our own views, since we have no way to confirm either.
edit on 16 6 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

If true that he was referring to WaPo story, Trump is a bigger idiot than I thought. Why would he tweet that without more context if that is what he truly meant?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I won't pretend it was a smart thing to tweet, because of course the media wouldn't bother to check what the context was they'll just report "this is what he meant" and get embarrassed later. They seem to enjoy it.

Asking the White House for comment, a lost art.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

If true that he was referring to WaPo story, Trump is a bigger idiot than I thought. Why would he tweet that without more context if that is what he truly meant?

Of course he was referring to the WaPo story. The other option is that the SC have told him about their investigation and what it is about. Extremely unlikely.

I suspect that Rosenstein's statement was to calm people down - take his advice (as should the President) and don't believe newspaper articles citing unnamed sources.
edit on 16/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

I won't pretend it was a smart thing to tweet, because of course the media wouldn't bother to check what the context was they'll just report "this is what he meant" and get embarrassed later. They seem to enjoy it.

The media just reported what Trump said in his tweet. This is on Trump. If there was more context to what he said, it is his responsibility to be specific, or the media will report exactly what he said.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

The media just reported what Trump said in his tweet. This is on Trump. If there was more context to what he said, it is his responsibility to be specific, or the media will report exactly what he said.

Hmm, well the media seems to report what he says and if it suits them take it word for word and if not they add context to make it mean what they want. Can't have it both ways, unless they are completely biased and unreliable.

Meanwhile, those with a more measured sense of what is going on will make sure to understand context - always.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

That is how the media wants you to believe as their interpretation.

Trump just make a mockery of been under investigation by the same person that told him he should fire Comey.

It was a mockery no a statement.

I got it the way it was, a mockery, you got it the way you want, he is under investigation.

He is not under investigation as of today.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Of course he was referring to the WaPo story. The other option is that the SC have told him about their investigation and what it is about. Extremely unlikely.

I suspect that Rosenstein's statement was to calm people down - take his advice (as should the President) and don't believe newspaper articles citing unnamed sources.

If he was referring to the WaPo story and it is not true, why did he call it a witch hunt?

He did not say, "WaPo fake news on me being under investigation. Media witch hunt".

He said: "I am being investigated for firing the FBI Director by the man who told me to fire the FBI Director! Witch Hunt"

Sounds to me like the unnamed source familiar with issue, who said Trump was referring to the WaPo story, came out to play damage control after Trump got pissed and exposed himself on twitter.

Also, why are you believing an unnamed source that this was in reference to the WaPo story?

So much hypocrisy lately.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

That is how the media wants you to believe as their interpretation.

Trump just make a mockery of been under investigation by the same person that told him he should fire Comey.

It was a mockery no a statement.

I got it the way it was, a mockery, you got it the way you want, he is under investigation.

He is not under investigation as of today.

I simply took him for his words. If he meant something else, he should have said it differently.

And, yes, he is under investigation.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join