Well, here we go. Considering the degree to which I feel I have somewhat acclimated to the environs here over the past few weeks, I guess I feel
comfortable enough to post this, considering I had already submitted it to the regional MUFON people some time back.
Before I launch into the photograph itself, I ask that resposnes be limited to those that provide added value or actual insight into my quest for
I ask that others respect me requests as they pertain to the following:
- I am not here to "prove" anything
. Nor am I here to impact anyone's belief system. Diehard skeptics will remain
diehard skeptics, and this hold true with the other end of the spectrum as well. I am not here to change anyone's mind -- that is up to each and
every one of you. It's called "free will."
With this in mind, no "blind denial," please. In otherwords, I am not posting this for the sake of unwarranted or uninformed criticism. I am not
asking to be challenged by the resident skeptics, though healthy discussion is of course encouraged. Please refrain from stating something which is
contrary to the premise I have provided below.
And lastly, and most importantly, please respect my request for complete anonymity. I will not provide any additional information which may be used
to identify the locality of this photo, so please do not bother asking.
Now, some background to the following photo:
1. This is actually an enlargement of the original photo, which was taken in February of last year. I have cropped this photo so as to hide any
potentially identifying landmarks.
2. Suffice it to say this object is in relative close proximity to: a military installation (+/- 1/4 mile; I will also say it is not an AFB, nor is it
associated with the AF in any way), a commercial airport (< 3 miles), and a major downtown center (< 6 miles). However, it has been confirmed to me
that this branch of the service had but a lone helicopter airborne in the general vicinity at the time it was taken, but that this particular object
is fact not
the helicopter, which was actually well behind
my location when the photo was taken. They furthermore stated that they
would not have a helicopter in the location of the object due to its proximity to local commercial flight paths. It can also easily verified that the
object, while not in
the flight path, is heading in exactly the opposite
direction from that in which departing private or commercial
aircraft (from said facility) would be traveling.
3. The vapor trail is equally visible in the original photo (and is in fact what drew my attention to the object in the first place when reviewing the
4. A downward continuation of the vapor trail would intersect with a nearby (relatively large) body of water.
5. Armchair photogrammetric analysis using a recent-generation version of Photoshop along with a couple current-generation, less expensive graphics
s/w apps has resulted in the following conclusions:
a. The object is symmetrical along its profile (while it is assumed that we are in fact viewing its "profile," this seems a reasonable assumption
given its established direction of travel as per the vapor trail).
b. Furthermore, the obect's shading is consistent with the ambient lighting conditions present at the time of the photograph.
6. The presence of the vapor trail seems to rule out the possibility of it being a known biolopgical lifeform, e.g., a bird.
7. The object is absent from the next photo in the sequence, taken 7 seconds following the first, in the same general direction.
Earthsister? Can you or your friends help me with this one?
Lizzardsamok, does this look anything like what you saw? It is the only object I have photographed which may be interpreted as "closely" resembling
what you described and drew on your website (other disc-shaped objectsI have photographed are domed with a bottom skirt, which is lacking in your
I also welcome input from any self-proclaimed remote-viewers as well as anyone who may be able to provide any insight into the identification of this
object or its operators.
Thank you all, and please, I only ask you are respectful of my requests as listed earlier in this post.
[Edit: due to found typos. Probably won't be the last time, either.
[edit on 5-2-2005 by sdrumrunner]