It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

XCOM 2: War of the Chosen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I enjoy playing the XCOM games. They are brutal hard at times, but always fun. This is an expansion to XCOM 2 coming out in August of this year. I think it's on the 29th to be exact. Not sure if this is to pick up where the original storyline ended or if it's to flesh out the base campaign that's already there, but it's supposed to be pretty extensive with new missions, classes, and enemies.

I like XCOM 2 because where else can you have both Jayne Cobb and Alice Cooper fighting on the same team against an alien invasion?

And where else can you have a scenario that is otherwise going flawlessly suddenly descend into sudden chaos because:

1. One of your squad gets panicked and shoots at a random bad guy igniting a truck engine on the way.

2. Panicked squad member runs up to take cover behind the smoldering truck.

3. Smoldering truck promptly explodes killing panicked squad member ... oh, and destroying your mission objective that happened to be inside it.

Just that fast, your down one of your team, out your mission objective, and there is a hole in your firing line, and things all go to hell from there ... the AI proceeds to exploit because it's not quite a fool.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Never played an XCOM title, aren't they a strategy type of game?

E3 was pretty lackluster this year, I was hoping on TESVI or Red Dead to make an appearance, but nadda.

I'm hyped about Destiny 2 though, and that Skull & Bones Pirate title Ubi showed off.
edit on 14-6-2017 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

Yes, XCOM is turned-based tactical with a story to it.

It's not nearly as easy as it sounds, even with all the time in the world to think about what you are going to do, it's still pretty challenging. There's also the meta-game with resource management too that can get kind of tight.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I'm a fan of Xcom.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Looking forward to seeing how this expansion will play out , the announcement was one of the highlights of an otherwise disappointing E3 I think.

Love XCom 2 even though the game is a shameless and brazen cheater sometimes.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I played nearly all the X-COM games even the weird ones with the UFO titles like Afterlight,Aftermath and such. I recommend playing the new X-COM games with The Long War mod. It adds tons of new features and provides +100's of hours of fun and it makes the game significantly harder. The new expansion is cool and all but i hoped they would finally announce X-Com 3 Terror from The Deep. Shooting Crabpeople in the face was pretty awesome and the difficulty was ludicrously high.

I remember playing the first X-COM on my C64 and later Amiga 1200. The creepy atmosphere was insane and the great feeling after winning a battle without losing any soldiers are memories i will never forget. I fell in love with the series right there.

Even Nintendo realized how awesome the gameplay of X-COM is and made there own game called Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle. The gameplay is heavily inspired by X-COM.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Yeah, a lot of people were hoping for Terror from the Deep, and I am thinking that will come sooner or later. But I think this is still something worth a look. It may also provide that bridge too, even more than the ending of the base game did.

I haven't yet taken the plunge into Long War yet. I'm still eyeballing it.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Hey! I just bought xcom 2 on sale. Man, is this game tough! I'm playing on the difficulty above normal. The first few missions are crazy! Any tips?

I played the first modern xcom and it fairly easy on normal. However, the next difficulty on xcom 2 is really tough.

new topics

top topics

join