It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major earthquake coming december this year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I was going to place this in the science forum but since it hasn't happened yet i guess it belongs here.

Call me nuts but i've done the math and I think there is a major quake coming this holiday season. Now before you head to your shelters, allow me to explain the science behind my prediction.

We all know the moon governs the tides, and i believe it is linked to catastrophic earthquakes. You see there are two 'tides' to the moon-the 'high tide' perigee (when the moon is at it's closest) and the 'low tide' apogee (when the moon is at it's furthermost) and i've noticed that a number of major quakes happen whenever there is a fluctuation between the perigee and apogee, and the next super moon has been booked on December 3 and will be the biggest since 1948. and guess what happened in 1948?

In a matter of minutes, an October earthquake measuring 7.3 turned the city of Ashgabat into a pile of rubble. A thousand Soviet doctors, nurses and other medical personnel flooded in from Moscow and other cities to aid sufferers in what is now Turkmenistan. Despite their efforts, 110,000 people perished.

That is not the start. The worst earthquake in modern history occurred in China on July 28, 1976. The date of the full Moon? July 27, 1976. The quake occurred between July 7 and July 19, when the moon was 'drifting away' from perigee to apogee. The same thing happened in the January 17 1994 California quakes when the moon was moving from apogee on January 10 to perigee on Jan 22 but this time the moon was closer. This seems to be a trend, the moon doesn't have a perfect orbit so it's orbital behavior could affect tectonic plates, we know this can happen since gravitational tides affects certain solar moons such as Io.

If you know of any other major eruptions, you can track the 'moon tides' here. however I have another example, the massive 2004 Indonesian earthquakes occurred at 26th December and the new moon occurred on the same date, and the perigee occurred in the week that preceded the quake.

Like I said you can do the math yourself, perhaps it's a flight of fancy but I believe a large quake is coming this holiday season, no idea where, no idea when but after correlating the data personally it could be likely. I'm going to look through my bookshelf for other accounts of earthquakes and try to correlate 'erratic' moon transits and try to see if a pattern develops (but i'm sure there already is one) and as an amateur astronomer and geophysicist i'm thinking Japan or maybe the Americas might be struck because of the ring of fire, depending on the moons seasonal location and the point of perigee.

Am I full of hot air or not? scientists have warned that the next big one is just around the corner...is it possible that it will happen?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
San Andreas Fault?

link   
Seems quite Logical. Well you have left your mark in history, lets see how it pans out.

link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

The quake is a lie! Sorry, couldn't resist.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Hmmm, it would seem to be pretty straightforward and logical.

My recent prediction failed because I simply guessed based on the realization that we are way overdue for a big one. It is really a matter of time. Perhaps you are right? We will see.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Interesting theory.

I hope "your" quake isn't the Big One that is supposedly long-overdue here in the Pacific NW.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks
San Andreas Fault?

Maybe, it depends on where the perigee occurs.

I just looked at the 1960 Chile earthquake (the strongest ever recorded) and perigee and the apogee for the time fluctuated-then I did some some research and found out there is a snowball effect.

After a major seismic event, there are reverberations that lead to other seismic events like the volano that erupted after the Chilean earthquake

Two days after the initial quake, the nearby volcano Puyehue erupted, sending ash and steam up to 6 km into the atmosphere over a period of several weeks.

This has happened before, before the wake of the 2011 Japan earthquake, a few weeks earlier New Zealand was hit by an earthquake and guess what? the moon was near perigee three days before the quake.

There is no doubt in my mind anymore-the moon can cause quakes.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Mother Earth is trying to tell us something

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Getting darker after sunset
But lighter in the morning

And now for a partial score
Seattle 9

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
What ever happened to that old guy in California that was so good at predicting quakes ?
He went by the moon and tides and was on Art's show all the time.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

I share your opinion that a quake is coming. But I don't believe your lunar mumbo jumbo. I don't think it's a bad theory, but I have another one based on experience.

The last earthquake in Napa California was terrifying. I thought rapture. I saw earthquake lights, it was nothing short of spectacular to see the ground light the sky and make a red glow around the earth. The videos on youtube don't do it it justice.

My theory is that climate change...please note I did not say global warming! climate change. We have had a heat wave...105 degrees. I think more persistent heat will dry the top layers of the faults, causing fissures to slightly crumble underneath the foundations.

Then we will have record rainfall again...and it will cause some of the faults to move. This is my theory. We have some evidence that this was the cause of the Napa earthquake.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: flatbush71
What ever happened to that old guy in California that was so good at predicting quakes ?
He went by the moon and tides and was on Art's show all the time.

I'd like to hear an update on him too! Art Bell has some great guests.. Coast to Coast AM, what a interesting radio show

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
That fellow at one time posted his charts on the net. And I was thinking maybe if the OP compared those with his......
The tides and moons are the tools to use, but those Foxtrotters at the NEIC don't want Johnny Q knowing that.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I thought of this thread with the Mexico 8.0 earthquake. I see here it's actually scheduled for December. If the massive movement the fault took is an indication this could still be right.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

That was Dr. somebody - I forgot the rest of his name but he was great.

I always wondered what happened to him.

I sure hope this EQ of yours it's going to be the Casacadia...

new topics

top topics

join