It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders and Shooting of GOP Congressman

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I will only say this, the People are supposed to direct the politicians' attention and gaze, not the other way around. Politicians (on both sides) do bear some responsibility today. www.alternet.org...
We've mutated into a bizarre system by which protests and activists are no longer protesting issues to command the attention of their elected representatives to those issues, but rather are protesting issues because the politicians they love have directed them to do so. Similarly, activists receive their marching orders from politicians now, rather than issuing the marching orders to those politicians from the People.

When politicians not only take advantage of existing angers and tap into them, but stoke the flames to make that anger rage leading up to elections and even Congressional votes, they absolutely shoulder some culpability when one of their celebrants goes off the rails.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The only time I see tv news is at the gym on the treadmill. CNN has a lot pharmaceutical commercials including psychiatric medications. This guy was probably on the mass murder pills.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: xenon129

Of course he was and of course we'll never know that fact thanks to Big Pharma's HIPPA provisions, shielding them from public scrutiny and disclosure.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...how did we get from congressmen shot in the park to bernie sanders...

I must have missed something...
This working during the day has got to stop...
YouSir

[not sure if sarcastic]

the shooter was a Bernie volunteer with Bernie pictures/quotes on his social media stuffs.

Bernie has certainly been part of the division in this country with his vitriolic rhetoric, including last week when he scolded a Christian appointee for his beliefs and suggested Christians shouldn't hold public office

www.lifesitenews.com...

While the fact that anti-Christian sentiment — and certainly contempt — underlies and animates the views of the progressive elites is no secret to anyone, rarely has there been an articulation of that bigotry as brazen as the meltdown of U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders during the confirmation hearing of President Trump nominee Russell Vought. Red-faced and shouting, Sanders demanded to know how exactly Vought could possibly believe what orthodox Christians have always believed — and then pronounced him unfit for office as the result of those beliefs.

haters gonna hate.
the left in the US constantly stokes hate in its supporters to motivate them to vote and 'get involved'. inevitably this hate builds up so much it vents in violence.

edit on 14-6-2017 by ElGoobero because: add quote

edit on 14-6-2017 by ElGoobero because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-6-2017 by ElGoobero because: add thought

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Jefferton

100% false.

Is it ok to talk people into suicide because hey though would do it anyway?

100% stupid.

The media never actually pushed killing people.

Just an easy scapegoat for certain agendas.

Nothing is 100%. Think of it as a Gaussian distribution where the far 'wings' on each side are unhinged and sooner or later something will trigger them into killing based on their emotions. Then, in the 4-5 sigma area, there are the people who are easily programmed into anger, who may not have ever killed anyone but get talked into a frenzy and pushed over the edge by what they see and hear in the MSM and social media.

So I think in the current environment the MSM owns a piece of this, but I think social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) have the most rabid instigators.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Good post. I happen to be a Bernie supporter. But that's irrelevant. He challenged the establishment in past years, and became too popular for that establishing to abide. As someone else said, now he's being targeted. a reply to: projectvxn

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Great post!

This had nothing to do with Bernie Sanders, someone who this right-winger respects as an honest man.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Apologies for the harshness of my post, but I don't care.

I don't give a good god-damn what Sanders thinks and how he feels.

Sure, not all leftists are like this loser, but all gun owners are going to have to be on the defense when the leftists start crying about gun control.

Assholes are looking at the division in our country and are acting out.

Left, right, who gives a ####!

People are shooting now.

People are dying now.

Politicians can go f#ck themselves.

Looks like the fuse has been lit and people are looking for a kum-by-ya moment?

Sh#t like that should have been done a decade ago.

Again, apologies for the rant.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I've said it many times...political affiliation doesn't matter. Violent people are going to be violent no matter their beliefs. They can use religion, politics, or some other perceived injustice to justify their actions...but their actions are wrong and for the unsupported by the majority of the world.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Not looking for a Kumbya moment. Only that people step back and stop pouring gas on a fire.

I know nothing is going to stop the war that is coming. I just don't want it to come as I have children I want growing up in a better America than the one I landed on almost 3 decades ago.

edit on 14 6 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I'm not a young hard-charger like yourself.

I'm a fat old man who just voices opinions online. I'd be low hanging fruit for the current crop of revolutionaries.

They may shoot me, but before I go out, I'll make sure their feelings are hurt for a lifetime!

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

All of what you say is true. It will be morbidly interesting to see how the MSM spin this.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

You are correct. We as a society need to be mindful of the words we use. We can fuel a small flame in a nut job and send them over the edge. The press and our representatives along with hollywood need too tone the nastiness down a bunch of notches.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: DBCowboy

Not looking for a Kumbya moment. Only that people step back and stop pouring gas on a fire.

I know nothing is going to stop the war that is coming. I just don't want it to come as I have children I want growing up in a better America than the one I landed on almost 3 decades ago.

Sad truth is that sometimes, you have to do a lot of cutting to make that better result.

No one wants a war ... well, most don't, but that may be what has to happen to settle things.

I remember my mom looking at all the boys born to the kids my generation had and saying ... look at them all, I sure hope that doesn't mean we're in for a war and they're the replacements.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Not after the election. He didnt speak towards ending the riots and violent mobs. Instead he gave them a breath of more energy. It was at that point I finally decided there was a good chance he was a Soros stooge all along. First the riots at Trump rallies could be blamed on him by Hillary. Then the dems would be even more pissed that they screwed Berniw but then be forces to join with Her, so most of that added anger would be channeled at Trump. Then post elextion Hillary and Bernie et al all justified the rioting while Michael Moore screamed for non stop protest borderline rioting until they couls figure out how to impeach him.

Now that a Bernie supporter gunned down GOP, Bernie has to play human. Hell, on the flip side it could have been him. Scary stuff for all thw congress critters.
edit on 14-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Ummm...thank you good sir...It sounds like the bern triggered one of his sychophants...

The poor little incoherent old man must be beside himself...

I wonder if he'd mind if I rented his Hillary bought house on the lake for the weekend...I'm sure the price would be as cheap as his loyalty...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I just not an appropriate time to be shooting politicians.

But if this is the kind of crap we can expect over the next few years the topography of the country may change dramatically.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   

I will be very surprised if this doesn't become a regular occurrence. The Russia thing was a flop, the obstruction of justice thing is an ongoing flop.

They're getting desperate as the straws disappear before their eyes. Last resort? Kill people...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join