It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Source: 4 killed, gunman also dead, in shooting at SF UPS facility

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Wrong, I made an assertion...

No, you made a generalization since you are not privy to any facts.

I see you are still not willing to tackle that very tough question I asked you. Must be all the cultural stress getting to you. I understand.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Methinks you and augustus doth protest too much.

I realize it sucks to be on the wrong side but try to show a little restraint.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I made an assertion that American culture is bad.

Care to debate that?

Let me know when you are done showing how virtuous you are and want to seriously engage in a real topic.

Topic A -

American culture has been causing people to go off the handle.

Disagree with the examples I used?

Fine list your own examples.

Disagree with my assertion and want to wait for more information?

Fine state that.

Go ahead.... let's hear it.
edit on 14-6-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I'm sad that more people are dead because of some weak-assed cowardly gunman.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I made an assertion that American culture is bad.

Care to debate that?

Sure, call me when you have travelled to a developing country.

Let me know when you are done showing how virtuous you are and want to seriously engage in a real topic.

No, I am not done showing you my virtue, it's much larger than the average virtue and may require me to display it to you in several posts since it wont fit in one.

You ever going to get around to answering that question?

edit on 14-6-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

I honestly believe that this keeps happening in the US because we have a culture that's very disconnected, lonely, selfish and many other adjectives and I think we need to take a serious look at what the hell is going on.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
I realize it sucks to be on the wrong side but try to show a little restraint.

What 'wrong side' am I on? That the Original Poster is projecting his own personal issues with a host of topics onto a perpetrator he has never met? That wrong side?

edit on 14-6-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Consider the cultural implications of using the murder of people to foster a political agenda.

edit on 14-6-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I'm sad that more people are dead because of some weak-assed cowardly gunman.

I think it's become so commonplace that people have been desensitized to it. It's not even hitting the news cycle anymore.

I remember being younger when the "guy went postal" meme was making it's rounds.

Now it's almost an everyday occurrence.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
What about that white guy who shot a bunch of people in Orlando at the awning company where he had been fired?

Orlando: not exactly a haven for liberals, not super expensive, thousands of homeless pooping in the streets? I don't think so. It IS hot and humid there, though - with alligators.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Why did you have to bring race into it?

(see what I did there)

---

Now here is the actual answer I would give...

In that situation it looks more related to the fact that he was a closeted gay person (cultural issue with his family) and an ISIS supporter.

This issue would be more about people handle individuals on a day to day basis... friends family co workers things like that.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

In that situation it looks more related to the fact that he was a closeted gay person (cultural issue with his family) and an ISIS supporter.

This issue would be more about people handle individuals on a day to day basis... friends family co workers things like that.

Nope, talking about the guy just recently who shot up a business where he worked and was fired - disgruntled employee. How do you explain a disgruntled employee in Orlando verses a disgruntled employee in San Francisco? They are two pretty different places.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Nope, talking about the guy just recently who shot up a business where he worked and was fired - disgruntled employee. How do you explain a disgruntled employee in Orlando verses a disgruntled employee in San Francisco? They are two pretty different places.

It was the liberal influences in SF that drove him into a murderous frenzy, or perhaps the poop in the street.
edit on 14-6-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

If you want to discuss what I implied in the OP... which was that we have a problem with our culture in America that pushes people over the edge.

Why are you trying to politicize things or make them about me???

I like how you're accusing others of trying to politicize the subject when your OP is full of political buzzwords lol.

And that's not even getting into attempting to assign blame to members of ATS.

Step on, clown.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I've been saying for years those shorts are too tight....

Wtf people? How sensitive are you that you can't do your job without going snowflake and killing people?

Yes, I'm an insensitive bastard. But guess what? I don't get all butt-hurt and kill people when someone says sh#t I don't like.

It's really time for reality based parenting. Less participation trophies and safe spaces. Time to learn how to deal with life like a damn adult.

It's not ok to murder people because your latte' order got screwed up....

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

No you said he was a white guy!

Why did you make it about race?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Natas0114
I've been saying for years those shorts are too tight....

Wtf people? How sensitive are you that you can't do your job without going snowflake and killing people?

Yes, I'm an insensitive bastard. But guess what? I don't get all butt-hurt and kill people when someone says sh#t I don't like.

It's really time for reality based parenting. Less participation trophies and safe spaces. Time to learn how to deal with life like a damn adult.

It's not ok to murder people because your latte' order got screwed up....

Yeah when i lost my job i said f#ck it and moved on to the next one. Looking at the usual social media suspects and what stupid and clueless parents write about various topics i'd argue this generation is already lost. Maybe i'm too old for this sh!t but the bitching and moaning in recent years reached a whole new level. Did i just luck out with my parents or is it really just a 80's/90's thing? All the progression in liberating people is not necessarily all bad but it feels like we are evolving backwards. I blame the new i want it now and i have no patience mentality.

Black Mirror should be mandatory to watch in all schools. It's pretty scary how accurate the show is when it comes to predicting our future.

I'm pissed that these people like in the OP always go for the inncoents instead of shooting some gang bangers. Do something useful for once. F#ck this guy and i hope he rots in jail. RiP to all his victims. What worries me is that the police is probably made aware of these people but they don't seem to care enough in most cases. I'm spotting a converning pattern here.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

The problem (depending on your persepctive) if that the police are restricted by the law in their ability to handle cases where they are notified about potential threats.

The good thing about our legal system is that it requires evidence to prosecute but it can also work against us.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
So sad

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join