It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Respond to Active Shooter in San Francisco: Police

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Few details so far.

At least 5 injured, 2 dead.

Seems to be or around the UPS center. No word on political motivation, terrorism, workplace violence, or anything else. Multiple ambulances in route.

Madness, madness.

San Francisco police are responding to an active shooter situation in San Francisco, according to authorities.

Police activity was reported near 17th Street and Potrero Avenue, according to a tweet from the San Francisco Police Department at 9:06 a.m.

"#SFPD is at the scene of a shooting that occurred near 17th & Vermont. Please avoid the area, expect street closures and traffic delays #SF," the tweet from SFPD said. Police are asking people in the area to shelter in place.

At least 2 people are being treated by fire fighters and first responders for injuries sustained in connection with the active shooter situation.

Sources said multiple ambulances rolling to scene.

Link

edit on 14-6-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Geez the world is unhinged

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

The whole world has gone mad and the insanity increases daily. It's days like this that I want to apologize to my kids for bringing them into this s# show passing for our current reality. Now it's time to sit back and see what mouth. reather tries to politicize this for their own gain. Can't let a good tragedy go through newsfeed after all.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Did the poles recently shift, or something? A lot of people are going bat sh*t crazy

the funk?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I just posted a positive light hearted story in current events hoping we could have a break from things like this. I guess 'crazy' doesn't take any days off!
Wishing the best for the victims and their families.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Now it's being said there are no word on injuries yet..

BUT:

Police had an unidentified person in custody following an apparent workplace shooting at a UPS facility in the city's Potrero Hill neighborhood

According to reports, the gunman opened fire on the third floor of the building. KCBS Radio reported that the shooter, a male believed to be a UPS driver, was taken into custody and was being transported to the hospital.

Link

BUT

BREAKING: San Francisco hospital says it's received multiple victims from shooting at UPS center but it doesn't know conditions.

Link
edit on 14-6-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

The whole world has gone mad and the insanity increases daily

a reply to: BlueJacket

Geez the world is unhinged

Very, very true.

It almost feels like there is some collective madness sweeping throughout the populace and seeping into people's minds.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Reports that the gunman is is custody.

CBS San Francisco reporter Ann Mokovec reports three were shot and the suspected gunman has been taken into custody.

Conflicting reports on the number of injured.

Appears to be workplace violence.

UPS issued a statement Wednesday saying their employees were involved.

“UPS confirms there was an incident involving employees within the company’s facility in San Francisco earlier this morning,” the statement read.

Link
Link

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Rats in a cage.

I'm tired of all this violence. Summer used to be about baseball and hotdogs and an ice cold lager on a hot day. Now it is all political this (and people using their favorite labels and acronyms while commenting). For f# sake, the election is over so who cares.

Going out in a blaze of glory. Work place violence. Why???

Sad day for America. Sorry for the families. This sucks.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Welp...now your "assault" rifle won't be able to have a barrel.

The exemption would be to use the "gun tube" to create a nice end table lamp.

Run...hide...shelter in place....smh

edit on E30America/ChicagoWed, 14 Jun 2017 12:49:11 -05006pmWednesdayth12pm by EternalShadow because: add

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Maybe that one in Florida at the supermarket was enough to flip a switch in this person's head.

Sick world we live in... ugh

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Wait, I thought SF was against police. SO now they want them around when there is a threat? Can these people make up their minds.

Not trying to be cold hearted, I am glad the cops got in there and did their jobs before anybody else got hurt. Good on the boys in blue.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Only eleven replies?

Wheres the cry havoc? Did it expend itself this morning in Va?

Gives a damn, moves on...

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Only eleven replies?

Wheres the cry havoc? Did it expend itself this morning in Va?

Gives a damn, moves on...

Yes, apparently small news compared to violent political news, since it's only seemingly workplace violence.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The headline did not say WHITE shooter like was immediately reported for the leftist progressive democrat terrorist today.

If the shooter is a person of color, it will be minimalized by the media, like the larget mass shooting of 2017 was a week or two ago.

edit on 14-6-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-6-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
So, the shooter apparently killed himself after shooting several people, according to reports.

Here's the kicker in *one* article's description:

The gunman was wielding an assault pistol, according to San Francisco Police Department Sgt. Toney Chaplin.

What the hell is an "assault pistol?"

Link

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
why these mentalists time and time again choose a gun to do their bidding and not a crow bar. I don't know....

what I'm trying to say is to stop gun violence, we should have less stringent gun law. this logic applies to anything.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

If SF allowed concealed carry, one of the employees could have stopped him before lining them up execution style.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
So, the shooter apparently killed himself after shooting several people, according to reports.

Here's the kicker in *one* article's description:

The gunman was wielding an assault pistol, according to San Francisco Police Department Sgt. Toney Chaplin.

What the hell is an "assault pistol?"

Link

An "assault" weapon that can't be shouldered. Technically, it's an "assault" rifle shortened and classified by hair splitters.

These "events" are just an excuse to f#k everyone legislatively.

Watch....Mark my words...

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

It's called behavioral sink. Dr. Calhouns utopia experiment.

I believe you are correct.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join