It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets Get Rid of The Anti-Gun Argument Before It Even Starts. RE: Congressman Shot 6/14/17

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

yeah my list is a little incomplete I noticed

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Meanwhile, the Democrat governor of Virginia decided that his press conference a little while ago was as good a time as any to start pushing the anti-gun agenda. The media is jumping on the bandwagon, too. But yeah, lets blame the people in this thread.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

Agree and would add with proper training.

I'm all in favor of proper training, but, I don't want it to be a requirement.

When you look at all of the tactics that the anti-gun establishment has tried, there needs to be no restrictions. Let me explain my reasoning.

Who decides what constitutes proper training?
Who decides who is qualified to give that training?
Who decides who gets the training?
Who protects the people who give the training?

If we make "proper training" a requirement, what prevents the anti-gun establishment (AGE) from making the training requirements impossible to obtain? You have seen the lawsuits that the AGE have brought against gun manufacturers. What is to prevent the AGE from making the same lawsuits against the people who provide training? What's to prevent the AGE from making liability insurance requirements too high to afford? There are dozens of ways that the AGE can screw with laws that require "proper training" and they have a proven track record of trying anything that they can.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Good point and good questions.

To me, if you've ever sat through a concealed carry class they give out a lot of good information. Such as the laws in certain states or how to handle certain situations. Like what to do if you get pulled over and things like that. All useful information to keep you out of trouble.

A good course to have and highly recommended. Maybe something like that would suffice?
edit on 14-6-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

I reckon you are dead right about this not being a gun issue. The simple fact is that disarming a law abiding population can only ever disempower them, and empower the criminals who prey on the law abiding, and the tyrants who try to rule over them, rather than serve them. Neither thing ought to be permitted in the slightest.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Martin75

NC is as well. CCW is also an option, though you have to be licensed.

Yeah, I keep my CCW because I travel a lot. It carries across the states but I'm good at home. Love to visit NC, beautiful places!

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I heard the congressman had been shot in the hip and/or possibly the leg, and was airlifted to the hospital.

Good thing he won't have to foot that helicopter bill, right?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

You left out california. Due to MSM anti gun saturation bombing, If I walk outside with a gun , handwringers will call 911, police will swarm like hornets to take it and my life maybe, too.

In fact most urban sprawlers will react this way more now, even in legal carry places.

OMG, MAN wth a GUN! Man with a GUN!

MSM: In other news today, Gun-man, gun-crime and gun-violence (repeat).
edit on 14-6-2017 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This is always the problem. You give the anti-gunners an in inch and they will take a mile.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You are right of course.
Folks are plumb Looney about the sight of a gun

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues
I've given up on even entertaining any anti-gun perspectives, because they're all based in some utopian impossible 'what if they didn't exist?' fairytale neverland.

The reality is this, if firearms were never conceived, human beings would have no doubt adapted, evolved and improved upon bows, spears, knives, ect., to the point of them becoming just as deadly. Badguys would use them, which by default means the Goodguys have to acquire the same to protect themselves... why is reality so hard to accept?

With enough practice you can make any weapon extremely efficient and deadly....Case in point with the bow and arrow.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: intrptr

You are right of course.
Folks are plumb Looney about the sight of a gun

Conditioning.

Every time they talk about crime on the news, the background is a picture of a gun.

Like ringing Pavlov's bell. The sensationalization doesn't help either. Sirens, flashing lights, people crying... all because of-- GUNS!

The dumbing down of people main street is almost complete. We now associate lots of things wth crimes of murder, Islam, Guns, terror, terror, Terr-ible.

Then. turn and sell billions of dollars of arms to other countries like Saudi Arabia.

Falls off chair in spasms.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
"Lets Get Rid of The Anti-Gun Argument Before It Even Starts. RE: Congressman Shot 6/14/17"

Riiiight....

More and heavier weapons for every idiot and the congressman would be still unharmed.
Logically...

Btw, you started a thread where that started that anti gun debate, that mybe wouldn´t have started on ATS without your thread, but pssssssst...

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

From a UK perspective, my Dad has a sign in his study that reads...

As a firearm or shotgun certificate holder, You know I have....

Been subjected to a rigorous background check.
Had a face to face interview with a firearms enquiry officer.
Provided referees to vouch for my good character.
Allowed Police to contact my General Practitioner.
Satisfied Police that I pose no threat to public safety or peace.

I also have to

Adhere to strict regulations regarding storage and use.
Hold myself up to a higher behavioural standards than other members of the public.
Pay money for a service I already pay for as a taxpayer in the name of public safety.

So I now ask myself WHAT DO I KNOW ABOUT YOU???

I've used handguns at the club years ago but that's not an option anymore but I never shot anyone and, as far as I know, neither has my Dad.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Us peasants aren't important enough for that!a reply to: intrptr

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
A) It was police officers, not a carrying citizen, who returned fire and wounded the guy (from reports I have read).

B) Until we know who the guy was, what gun he actually had, how it was purchased/obtained, and his criminal/mental health record...

We can't get "rid" of this "anti-gun" argument.

(And I am NOT anti-2nd amendment)

ETA:

Just want to point out that Virginia is both an open carry and a permitted conceal carry state (neither of which I am against).

Was the officer on duty? If not, then he was just another citizen carrying.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be ironic if it was the Trump WH that trashed the 2nd. I don't trust that man at all or any of the crew he assembled. Especially Sessions! Believe me!

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Wouldn't it be ironic if it was the Trump WH that trashed the 2nd. I don't trust that man at all or any of the crew he assembled. Especially Sessions! Believe me!

I'm surprised they haven't yet. Trump has been anti-gun (for other people that is) since he was buddies with the Clintons in the 90s.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Well said op, very well said. Our American guns are the only thing that keeps people honest.Better believe it all in that field would have perished without the gun owner.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Of course it was... he was IN the city... and he SHOT other citizens (citizens even if they WERE politicians)... doesn't get much more illegal than that!

So... have your calm, rational rebuttal ready: "Life in prison without possibility of parole, or Capital Punishment, is not sufficient to prevent an individual from committing murder... but they are going to walk right up to the line of any gun law and say "Oh, gosh... was going to murder that guy... but I'll get charges on this gun law I will be breaking... no, I better stop... I'll be breaking gun laws." "

That is the kind of intelligence we are up against... tell them that every gun purchase gets an FBI background check... and they'll just look at you like you are nuts...

One of the seriously unmentioned discussions we need to have... is why folks on the left have such POOR impulse control. Most conservative gun owners would never even dream of violence over partisan politics... but as we can see by the "Resist" and "AntiFa" movements... these folks literally have serious mental or emotional disorders.

edit on 14-6-2017 by dasman888 because: Zombie pack rats

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join