It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bayer And Monsanto To Merge In Mega-Deal That Could Reshape World’s Food Supply

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Bayer and Monsanto to merge in mega-deal that could reshape world’s food supply

It's been on the back-burner for a little while, but now it's official; Bayer has acquired Monsanto.

"The German chemical company Bayer said it will take over U.S. seed giant Monsanto to become one of the world’s biggest agriculture conglomerates.
The $66 billion deal — the largest corporate mega-merger in a year full of them — could reshape the development of seeds and pesticides necessary to fueling the planet’s food supply."

"Monsanto is the world’s largest supplier of genetically modified seeds, which now dominate American farming but are still a major source of environmental protests in Europe and abroad. The 20,000-employee company also develops Roundup, the weed-killing herbicide."

"“The whole agricultural industry around the world is basically going thru a transformation. It’s the last big industry in the world to be digitized,” said Robb Fraley, Monsanto’s chief technology officer. “This allows to make more investments, have more capabilities and build better products for farmers, that they can use to grow crops with higher yields … and farm better, farm smarter.”

These companies have been in the alternative media spotlight for sometime now. These companies freely engage in Conflict of Interests, as there seems to be a revolving door leading back and forth between their top-level employees and politicians/lawyers/judges.

There is a horrible ethical practice of indentured farming slavery, as seed modifiers demand ownership and royalties for any new seeds produced by freshly grown plants on the farmer's property. Even worse is their practice of legally attacking natural farmers whose crops have become unintentionally contaminated with GMO crops through natural cross-pollination from insects, animals, and the wind.

I am also dissatisfied with their lobbying efforts to reject the open and honest labeling of food products.

There have been many studies focused on the dangers of the specific chemicals, fertilizers, herbicides, and pesticides used through GMO farming, but many of the studies fail to take into consideration: Bioaccumulation

I don't see this as a coincidence or fluke, but I have never had any tax issues or inquiries until I joined my first "March Against Monsanto". We know that people protesting and voicing concern over other issues were targeted by the IRS and other government organizations, so I have to wonder why the IRS has been hassling me year after year when I am an honest and verifiable full-time employed tax payer, no inheritances, no side jobs, no outstanding debt, no unexplained money or purchases, no foreign transactions, and no substantial ownership of any kind. Until proven, this paragraph is mere speculation on my part, but I digress.

Industrialized farming, though it has increased food production, has poisoned our ground, water, air, fruits & vegetables. To each his own, but I opt for genuine labeling and personal abstinence from GMOs.

edit on 6/14/17 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

I think watermelon with seeds was much better when I was growing up. The watermelon today is terrible.

I hate all this seed engineering BS. What could possible happen if you genetically engineer food plants to produce their own toxic insecticides?

Why do I feel like this is one of those if you build a nuclear power plant in a flood plain, don't put the backup generators in a basement type moments.

edit on 14-6-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Can't decide on who's neck is going on the guillotine first now.
Guess I'll decide when the next revolution comes.
Probably Bayer ....

I don't understand terrorists though.
Why aren't you ISIS mother f'ers going after the ceo's of big pharma and monsanto?
They are the unbelieving pigs you're after!
Not the normal western sheaple.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

In the name of profits and control, we have unleashed many dangers from Pandora's Box

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
You know, I would curse these companies but I do not think you can curse the devil since cursing is a tool of the devil.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Daalder

It appears that, either by nature or through social engineering, we humans tend to fight over things that separate us, rather than fighting for causes that unite us.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
This is a very serious matter and should be getting everyone's attention. Why does it seem the citizens of the developed world only care about an exchange of money this large if it involves a celebrity paycheck or settlements in court?? This merger effects at least 95% of the American population, because at least 90% of corn grown in the USA is GM. That means every derived ingredient from corn, such as corn syrup that is most manufactured food, is sourced from GM corn.

On the plus side, German companies are very efficient, so who knows what can happen.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

This is bad news. As if our food wasn't already poisoned enough....

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
yeah, they even have their own mafia style goons that go around and literally trespass onto farmers properties to test samples of their crop to see if any cross-pollination from a Monsanto crop on another piece of property occurred. If so, they sue the farmer. Pure evil.
edit on 14-6-2017 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

It certainly does appear so!

Let's unite!

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
This is a giant leap too far in corporate control.
Everything relevant has already been stated by the OP.
No ethics + control of the world's food supply is a disaster in waiting.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

This is pretty scary to be honest.

Two giants merge to become a mega-giant...with little or no consideration for local laws...in fact the draft their own legislation and pay representatives to submit it.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The whole gmo thing was presentaded as a good thing ... it was a good idea bad exicution

Maby its just hope but bayer as a german company should realize gmo needs to change ...

Its a hell of a long shot but gmo can be done witthout posion ... its just not as profitable

Probly get grain alcohol with tylonal in it to cure ur hangover and cause faster liver failure

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I told you guys years ago about some of the stuff that Monsanto was doing and nobody listened.

One of the most gut-wrenching things I've had to do was to advise deep sources to go dark for their own safety because no one in the media, public, law-enforcement or the IC for that matter was remotely interested in the information they were providing.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

This is a monopoly. It won't end well. Both companies are evil, and both have nazi ties in their past.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Just a couple of thoughts here.

1) it still has to pass US, German, and perhaps EU regulators which with competing agendas may force changes in the deal like divestment of some of the seed / chemical business

2) The non GMO movement that is entrenched in Europe and is gaining steam here in the US may ultimately force some changes to Monsantos practice as people who have a choice will simply not buy products that are GMO'd

We will not be able to out lobby such a giant, but we will be able to not support them. $$$$$ drives corporate strategy.

edit on 6/14/17 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

This is putting two of the most evil corporations in the world together. What a HORRIBLE idea.

I know people are familiar with the horror show that is Monsanto, but Bayer is nearly as bad.

Bayer Crimes

My (least) favorite...

HIV and HEP C Contaminated Blood Preparations [252] Bayer's American subsidiary, Cutter, has been sued for infecting haemophiliacs with HIV and hepatitis C with contaminated blood preparations. The contraction of these diseases by thousands of people in the USA, Germany and Japan could have been prevented, if the companies had used precautionary tests and had heated the blood. In the US, 6200 haemophiliacs contracted HIV through contaminated blood and eventually received $100,000 each.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
I was just coming to the realization that one large multinational would own the chain of destruction to our bodies and minds from growing the food, to disseminating its ingredients into every food in America, and then to the pharmacy to treat the heartburn, indigestion, diabetes, and blood pressure issues that result from it. Maybe they change the GMO formula to guarantee the effects of eating the food leads to the purchase of the OTC's wanted to treat the symptoms.

I bet some of the directors from each board sit on some media companies too.
TheyRule

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

I hope so Fred,my great grandchildren eat that stuff all the time at school.
Me and there grandpa try to limit what they eat, but they removed a lot of GMO labels on American products.
I bought 3 or 4 of the single blue berry pies yesterday and got to reading on them last night, all GMO, little tiny print, I threw them down the disposal.

Buck

edit on 14-6-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-6-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Maybe this is the Mandela effect. but why did orange juice taste so good when I was a kid, but now the cartions and bottles are either super-sweet, super-sour, or some fruity-twangy peachy-apply-mangooey-orangy mix? The only thing that actually tastes like the orange juice that I used to drink is the Monster Orange energy drink.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join