It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yemeni Navy strikes Saudi military vessel near Mocha Port Shoots Down Saudi F-15

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
It appears there has been another naval skirmish between Yemen and Saudi forces. The Yemeni representatives will release more later on the matter today, as it just recently happened.

Al-Masdar
BEIRUT, LEBANON (12:15 P.M.) – The Yemeni Navy targeted a Saudi military vessel that was traveling near the Mocha Port, Wednesday, Al-Masdar’s Naseh Shaker reported from Sana’a.

According to Shaker, the Saudi vessel was carrying “strategic and sophisticated weapons” that were attempting to reach the Mocha Port.

The Yemeni Navy is expected to release a statement later today that will detail their operation in the Red Sea.

Saudis are continuing to lose Sudanese mercenaries on the ground, and Qatar stopped conducting air strikes in Yemen for the coalition, so I can't imagine this naval encounter went well for them. Its likely the real reason that Qatar was abruptly cut off by their neighbors recently.
This is also a week after a Yemeni forces shot down a Saudi F-15 from the sky. Some sources say F-15, others say F-16. I am sure it is accounted for somewhere by now, it has been a week after all.

Yemeni air defense forces, backed by fighters from allied Popular Committees, have reportedly intercepted and shot down a twin-engine, all-weather tactical F-15 fighter jet belonging to the Royal Saudi Air Force.

An unnamed Yemeni military source told Arabic-language al-Masirah television network that the aircraft was targeted with a surface-to-air missile as it was flying in the skies over the Yemeni capital city of Sana’a on Thursday.

The jet had purportedly taken part in airstrikes against residential neighborhoods in Yemen.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Arabs killing Arabs! Wow, I didn't see that coming.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
Hundreds of Americans killed each other yesterday, many in New Jersey. Did anybody see that coming??

I am simply reporting stuff here related to an ongoing battle front of World War 3. I really not sure what your comment implies other than all humans all over the Earth kill each other everyday. Some for no reason at all or really ignorantly like drug dealers in Jersey, and others at war due to political and other reasons.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I am simply reporting stuff here related to an ongoing battle front of World War 3.

Grateful for you bringing it. The Saudis are using main line fighters from US stocks to decimate the nation of Yemen . Both these shots were ground based Anti Air missiles, too bad we can't tell what type or see some wreckage.

Otherwise, go Houthis!

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
GO Yemen! Nice shooting!

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Arabs killing Arabs! Wow, I didn't see that coming.

Brillent! Either way the west wins

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I'll believe the F-15 claim when they show wreckage. This makes at least the third time they've claimed to have shot one down and do far, all they've shown for "wreckage" of any of them is a discarded external fuel tank.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

For how long have the US and Saudi been attacking this nation?

edit on 14-6-2017 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Perhaps, but this time there is footage at least. I have not scoured twitter though for images, and the Kingdom likes to keep what information they can strictly from scrutiny.

a reply to: gladtobehere
Yemen has been under direct physical attack since 2015 I believe. But the stink of the KSA has held them down for far longer.
edit on 6-14-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

There was footage the second time too, of a missile firing, and an explosion. But miraculously not a shred of wreckage ever saw the light of day.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Wasn't there youtube video of tactical nukes being set off in Yemen?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TamtammyMacx

No, there were videos claiming to be tactical nukes being used in Yemen, but they were conventional explosives.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Well they released the naval attack video. I still got nothing on the jet fighter wreckage.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

It was actually a UAE ship, not Saudi.

m.khaleejtimes.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I just noticed now that you posted it. Of course all sources in that regard point too the Saudi state news agency. What're the odds they simply asked the UAE to spin it this way to help from losing morale for their troops??

I need to see if the UAE made an official statement as well?? Where is DrUAE, he should have some insight in this.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I don't really see why it would affect morale much. They might be spinning the damage it suffered, but the fact that it was attacked, and survived would boost morale I would think.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Well the Saudis have been reduced to hiring Sudanese mercenaries, which suffers its own problems mind you, to combat the Houthi fighters. Even they are getting their asses handed to them.

The Saudis have probably lost anywhere from hundreds to a few thousand ground troops in the two years they have been attacking Yemen. If troop morale can get low in the United States Armed forces with the plentiful success we have in confrontations with belligerents, I can only imagine how bad a Saudi soldier feels being deployed to Yemen. It may as well be called the land where Saudi soldiers go to die.

Its one ambush after another, bases attacked inside their own border, ballistic missile attacks, never ending losses of light and heavy armor, helicopter losses, alleged fighter jet losses, alleged naval casualties. It just seems no matter what they do, they keep losing and Yemen refuses to capitulate. They yield little to no ground at all, and in fact sometimes gain a foothold inside of Saudi borders.

I would think a soldier in that armed force, knowing what kind of money is spent and the lives and equipment lost, would probably just continue to lose morale after hearing about repeated successful attacks while rarely if ever having a victory for themselves. The best they seem able to do is blockade the ports and drop bombs from the sky somewhat haphazardly or even randomly. It seems Al-Qaeda is doing better in Yemen than the KSA armed forces and those who assist them on the ground.

top topics

join