It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, multiple aides shot at Congressional baseball practice

page: 88
<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG
Newest Update on Representative Scalise...

Scalise's condition was dire immediately after suffering the gunshot wound. "I would say that when he arrived, he was in critical condition with an imminent risk of death," he said.

Even though Congressman Scalise was shot in the hip, those of us who are familiar with the type of rifle used in the attack and the ballistics thereof (it sounded like a .223 to me), know just how devastating any shot to the torso would likely be.

The good news is...

[Director of Trauma MD]Sava said Scalise's doctors fully expect him to walk again but that he will remain in the hospital for a "considerable period of time," presumably weeks.

Bonus Factoid: Dr. Sava treated Seth Rich on the night of his fatal shooting...

Latest reports I saw was that the rifle was an SKS. Has that been chambered in .223? I honestly don't know.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Even though Congressman Scalise was shot in the hip, those of us who are familiar with the type of rifle used in the attack and the ballistics thereof (it sounded like a .223 to me), know just how devastating any shot to the torso would likely be.

It was an SKS 7.62mm the military equivalent of a .308 which is a huge difference from a .223 22 caliber to a .308 30 caliber, just to keep things straight.

Although there is no evidence that it was used, a S&W 9mm pistol was also recovered from the scene.

The good news is...

[Director of Trauma MD]Sava said Scalise's doctors fully expect him to walk again but that he will remain in the hospital for a "considerable period of time," presumably weeks.

That is a bit of good news. Though he should never have put in that position in the first place.
edit on 16-6-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

As I recall, one of the witnesses did say he fired some rounds from his handgun after the rifle ran dry. Of course we'll have to wait for the official word to know for sure. Either way all reports were that Scalise was hit early, and judging by his condition, it's virtually certain he was hit with the rifle.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

As I recall, one of the witnesses did say he fired some rounds from his handgun after the rifle ran dry. Of course we'll have to wait for the official word to know for sure. Either way all reports were that Scalise was hit early, and judging by his condition, it's virtually certain he was hit with the rifle.

Yup.

Also far more likely he could have had the potential to be accurate at range with such a flat-shooting round versus the 9mm.

Though I don't doubt that he went for the sidearm after the rifle.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

It was an SKS 7.62mm the military equivalent of a .308 which is a huge difference from a .223 22 caliber to a .308 30 caliber, just to keep things straight.

Although there is no evidence that it was used, a S&W 9mm pistol was also recovered from the scene.

The good news is...

That is a bit of good news. Though he should never have put in that position in the first place.

I am very familiar with that round. I have a Rock River AR-10 variant (LAR-8).

Cell phone sound can only get you so far, I guess, but I was pretty sure it wasn't a 7.62 x 39mm (AK round) because I didn't hear the telltale "clack clack clack"...

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Newest Update on Representative Scalise...

Scalise's condition was dire immediately after suffering the gunshot wound. "I would say that when he arrived, he was in critical condition with an imminent risk of death," he said.

The good news is...

Bonus Factoid: Dr. Sava treated Seth Rich on the night of his fatal shooting...

Latest reports I saw was that the rifle was an SKS. Has that been chambered in .223? I honestly don't know.

That only comes in 7.62 NATO to the best of my knowledge.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

The good news is...

Cell phone sound can only get you so far, I guess, but I was pretty sure it wasn't a 7.62 x 39mm (AK round) because I didn't hear the telltale "clack clack clack"...

Good point on the cell phone sound being lousy. I'd also point out the sound isn't just a function of the round, depends what the round is fired out of too. Have you ever fired 7.62 out of an SKS? It may not sound the same as firing it out of another model. Even a different barrel length can make it sound different, or if it has a muzzle brake. Even the humidity can affect the sound lol there's just so many factors.
edit on 16 6 17 by face23785 because: "brake" not "break" - I suck.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

Big difference between 7.62 X 51 NATO and medium power 7.62 X 39 Russian cartridge which is standard for an SKS. The SKS doesn't "clack" like an AK-47.

I ve had both, I know.

Accuracy with SKS is luck of the draw out of box, some spot on, others need adjustment, appears shooter got one needed adjustment thank god.

Closest approximate civvy cartridge is 30/30 winchester.

Just set record straight,

getting hit any of these is bad enough.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I'm not gonna have it word for word but one I remember off the top of my head was some asshole suggesting "well this is what you get when you are drafting a bill to murder 24 million people", referring incorrectly to the AHCA.

think it was from what I called a twitter twit.... and was copied and pasted here... at least there was one twitter post that was pasted on the thread (by a conservative) that said something much similar...
I got to page 10 going back through, and I think, maybe we were being accused of justifying the actions by them, but didn't read any posts that were actually doing that, although I could be wrong.

to be honest, ATS has gotten to be really rather a waste of time and I don't really think that the post I made that sent us down this path said anything about justifying the act, it was about the rhetoric that edged the person on into doing the act... and how suddenly I am being told that I own this... but then... none of yous wanted to own the murders that the planned parenthood hype resulted in, nor did yous ever say anything against nugent while he was spewing his crap. so, no, end of this path of the thread!

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I don't have to own anything Ted Nugent said because I've never agreed or disagreed with anything he said. I can't speak for anyone else. Regardless, I wasn't here at the time so if you can show me where any right-wing ATS'ers tried to justify that Planned Parenthood attack in a thread, I'd like to see it. No matter how you spin it, there have been people in this thread trying to rationalize what the DC shooter did. They didn't say word for word "Yes I agree with him trying to assassinate Republican congressmen". But it's clear some people in this thread think the Republicans had it coming. Those people are sick individuals and should seek counseling.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Oh irony or ironies

CNN chief Jeff Zucker blamed President Donald Trump for endangering reporters in the legacy media.

According to an Associated Press report, Zucker said “the level of threats faced by his journalists is more serious than people realize,” and “he lays the blame squarely at the feet of” Trump and “other politicians he says try to delegitimize the press.”

Zucker reportedly spoke about the anti-CNN chants at Trump’s rallies and a Guardian reporter being body-slammed by then-Republican Montana House candidate Greg Gianforte, who won his race a day after body-slamming the left-wing reporter. “This is what happens when you try to delegitimize an institution that is trying to do its job,” Zucker reportedly said on Thursday. “It is shameful on the part of the administration and other politicians to cause a frenzy against something that is guaranteed in the Constitution of the United States. It does a disservice to this country and its position in the world and allows a heightened sense of rhetoric against journalists and media organizations.”

Zucker reportedly added that it is “unconscionable and dangerous and they should know better.” He made his remarks the morning after House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-LA) was shot on a baseball diamond by someone who hated Trump and Republicans.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Yeah.

People shouldnt be expected to come into every topic involving someone from their team and virtue signal.

But when they do and the virtues they signal are in one line or another in support of the actions / what drove them to it well thats a whole nother monster.
edit on 16-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I wonder if this left wing violence was the last straw for the moderates in America? Trump approval rating in the Rasmussen poll just spiked to 50%...

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
I wonder if this left wing violence was the last straw for the moderates in America? Trump approval rating in the Rasmussen poll just spiked to 50%...

Don't forget about the inverse "Bradley Effect" with Trump polling.

If the polls have him at 50%, he's more likely over 60%.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Don't forget about the inverse "Bradley Effect" with Trump polling.

If the polls have him at 50%, he's more likely over 60%.

Also, unreported in the media, his personal favorability is higher than when he was elected on November 8th... everything they are throwing at him is not breaking his base that won him the election.
edit on 16/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

The good news is...

Good point on the cell phone sound being lousy. I'd also point out the sound isn't just a function of the round, depends what the round is fired out of too. Have you ever fired 7.62 out of an SKS? It may not sound the same as firing it out of another model. Even a different barrel length can make it sound different, or if it has a muzzle brake. Even the humidity can affect the sound lol there's just so many factors.

I've never fired an SKS. My son has one, but a couple years ago we got matching Rock River LAR-8's and that's about the only CF rifle I shoot other than my Mini-14.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Yeah.

People shouldnt be expected to come into every topic involving someone from their team and virtue signal.

But when they do and the virtues they signal are in one line of support of wthe actions / what drove them to it well thats a whole nother monster.

Yeah I agree. I'm am disturbed saddened and exhausted from dealing with someone on a different thread that was glad this man was shot, and feels that their political opponents are enemies and violence against them is just self defense.

Meanwhile, others on the left ignore it and poke fun of consevatives for being scared by this mentality.

Oh well. I will not allow myself to sink to that level and call for violence against them, and will instead make my point through words and ideas.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I went to respond to your thread this morning and by the time I hit "reply" -- POOF! The sumbitch was gone...

I sent you a PM.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

You must be a lib. A .223 with hollow points will blow a chunk out of a person and kill them just as dead as a 308. As noted by a previous poster, the russian 7.62 x39 is pretty much the same thing as a 30 30 winchester. Wonder if he was using FMJ rounds or hunting bullets.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

I didn't get it, feel free to hit me up anytime

new topics

top topics

<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join