It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, multiple aides shot at Congressional baseball practice

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: VenatiusFortunatus

I saw an article headline, an interview with his brother said hes been deranged ever since Trump got elected.

Reminds me of many leftists I know.

This whole " lefty - righty " thing has become more idiotic as time goes by. (Anyone else remember the origial T V Star Trek episode of the guys fightig over the other on having black and white on the wrong side ? )
There are nuts on both side of the fence. And anyone who blindly follows a Dear Leader is a potential nutter.

But the playing out of this is interesting. Can we say " patsy " ? Or is it an even more insidious operation ?

I smell fiish.

VF

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

People that scream revolution should really look up the French revolution.

Heck, if you don't like non-fiction, pick up A Tale of Two Cities to get an idea of the sheer terror and anarchy that was the French Revolution.

I will admit, I am pessimistic about the future for many reasons.

But I am a cheerful person, I love my life. And I will continue to push for debate and dialogue even with people that hate my beliefs.

That doesn't mean I will go easy on ideas I disagree with, or that I won't make mistakes myself.

Hopefully, reasonable voices will win out in the end. But if not, my conscience is clear.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: thack

It matters not who makes the choice, only that the choice is made.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Grambler

How do you have vigorous discourse with people who view this all as good v. evil and not as an exchange of ideas?

You keep plugging away. You hope that eventually something will click and they will be willing to have a discussion.

If not, you hope others will see how one side is unwilling to have a discussion.

What else can we do? Shut down liberals speaking by rioting on campus? Hit people with bike locks at protests?

We can not sink to that level.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

No one learns history anymore. Modern public education has seen to that.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: thack

Shut down? Really.

How does that make you any different from the antifa idiots screaming the same thing about conservatives?

Y'all haven't figured it out yet, have you? You, on both sides, or all sides, are the flippin' issue. With you lot it's always Our way is the only way. Our way should be the only way permitted!!

Shout down anyone who dares have a differing idea. Or to use your words "Shut Down!!". Best to nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure...

smfh. At all of you.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: VenatiusFortunatus

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: VenatiusFortunatus

I saw an article headline, an interview with his brother said hes been deranged ever since Trump got elected.

Reminds me of many leftists I know.

This whole " lefty - righty " thing has become more idiotic as time goes by. (Anyone else remember the origial T V Star Trek episode of the guys fightig over the other on having black and white on the wrong side ? )
There are nuts on both side of the fence. And anyone who blindly follows a Dear Leader is a potential nutter.

VF

This. I was talking about this the other day with my family. Great episode by the way. Anyone who likes historical or political satire should dig Star Trek.

Just for #s and giggles, if anyone is interested and has Amazon Prime, you can watch the original Star Trek for free. The episode in question is in Season 3, titled Let That Be Your Last Battlefield.
edit on 14 6 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

It was, I believe, 2011 when I studied the French Revolution. I was appalled at the actions that occurred, the anarchy that ensued, and I was troubled by the striking comparisons between attitudes of that era and attitudes in the present day.

I remember asking out loud in class multiple times, "Are we discussing the French Revolution or modern day America?" The instructor would just shrug. He would later confide in me that he saw the same thing. And it seems to have gotten steadily worse since.

Yes, you are right... absolutely right! Everyone needs to understand the French Revolution, ere history force us to repeat the lesson.

I know, should that happen, which side I will be on: mine. I will retreat as far into my mountain as I can to wait it out, and consider anyone following me a deadly foe. Perhaps, with God's blessing, I will survive to re-emerge and help rebuild... but I will not partake in the chaos.

I learned my lesson from history.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

What else can we do? Shut down liberals speaking by rioting on campus? Hit people with bike locks at protests?

The tipping point is that magic moment when an idea, trend, or social behavior crosses a threshold, tips, and spreads like wildfire. The right will act if it is pushed any further, and the results wouldn't be pretty for the left.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: 3daysgone
a reply to: introvert

I have to disagree with you. Trump has not divided the people. The division came under Obama. That is why Trump won the Presidency. If the division did not happen under Obama, then Hillary, who was going to continue with Obama's policies would have won.

Trump didn't even win the popular vote and party unity since then has been poor. He's definitely a divisive figure.

There's no such thing as a "popular vote".

The contest for president in this country is decided by an electoral system as detailed in our Constitution.

If national elections were based upon a simple majority vote, campaigns would be almost unrecognizable to what we've always known.

Do you know why no leftist politician ever submits legislation to begin the process of changing our electoral system to a "popular vote"?

Because they know the Left would never win another national election again. There are far more disaffected conservative voters in blue states than there are liberals who don't vote in red states. Leftist leaders know that.

They also know that "liberals" are a very small segment of the electorate...

Gallup: Only 25% identify as "Liberals"

Bill Clinton's wife would have taken an even bigger beat if the election had been based on a simple majority vote.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

So to rehash, I don't think this guy represents all leftists.

Sure he does.

After all that the rason d'etre for gun control.

The individual represents the whole.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

You are right to call out both sides.

but in all honesty, can you point to even one example of conservatives shutting down a liberal speaking on campus?

How about a conservative riot when Obama was elected?

How about Main stream conservative outlets or media people celebrating a liberal being shot?

Yes there are lone extremists on all sides. But we need to be honest about the violence and intolerance of ideas, and where the biggest dangers are.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

How does that make you any different from the antifa idiots screaming the same thing about conservatives?
The delete key will be found for Antifa as well if things continue to go the way they are going.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
People love to put all the blame on Obama but the economy was in the tank when he came along. He may not have fixed it but he didn't start the ball downhill either. The other side didn't want to work with his leadership and we see a similar process happening with Trump's leadership.

With what we are seeing now, it's not going to get better.

Both sides have a part in the on going mess.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: thack

The tipping point is that magic moment when an idea, trend, or social behavior crosses a threshold, tips, and spreads like wildfire. The right will act if it is pushed any further, and the results wouldn't be pretty for the left.

Then that is what those of us on the right need to fight against.

I understand where you are coming from. And I agree people are being pushed to extremes, and we should call out those people and entities pushing.

But we can not become what we criticize, and I will do my best to stop that.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The Committee for Public Safety killed their own.

Danton and Robespierre did not live to old age.

The "Enemies of the People" are like witches.

Once you start looking they are easy to find.

"Be careful what you wish for.."

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Yeah its both sides... the people who scream for torture and the ones who point out torture is illegal and unethical. The people who scream for walls and deportation and those awful people suggesting empathy and some kind of path for citizenship... those awesome people who elect a guy who brags about sexual assault and openly calls on Russia to help him win an election and the terrible people who say, wait no that's wrong. Both sides equally terrible, or so I hear.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You have to survive. Take the secrets of making beer and jam into your cave so as to seed joy in what ever world that remains. Take something to read.

Really though, revolutions can start and be prolonged with less than a third of a population. They bring everyone else into it.

edit on 6 14 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Fox is saying Scalise is critical has required alot of blood, and will require additional operations.

My thoughts are with him.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

So to rehash, I don't think this guy represents all leftists.

Sure he does.

After all that the rason d'etre for gun control.

The individual represents the whole.

Ideologically, maybe, but in action? I have to believe not.

Just a note:

They said that Scalise needed a blood transfusion, his condition is critical, there was a lot of damage and he will need multiple operations.

new topics

top topics

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join