It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, multiple aides shot at Congressional baseball practice

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

A .223 remington with expanding bullets does MASSIVE damage to flesh.

Screw .223 expanded...

You need it more in the slower rounds such as handguns that go with a larger slower HP round for mass damage. .223 HP would have more shock, but then can also not penetrate a vest either such as FMJ would. Also a FMJ does more damage as it tumbles throughout the body compared to HP that would stop rather quickly.

link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: darkbake

I could give a flying # what Sanders thinks or says.

Talk is cheap.

Crap like this is going to happen more and more.

About the only word worth paying attention to is, "Duck" when the next asshole decides to go shooting.

This has been fomenting for quite some time.

What reason do you have to suggest this is going to happen more and more?

You're rolling me now, aren't you.

Are you going to sit there and say that the rhetoric is calming down, that rational voices on all sides are in the majority?

#.

Division, divisiveness, hatred, partisanship is rising faster than a bloody head held in Kathy Grffins hands.

link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Earlier it was reported that Chris Coons was now going to conceal carry on a permanent basis.

I was surprised that, apparently none of the GOP Congressman or aides at the crime scene had a weapon. Maybe left in their cars?

If any of them do carry they probably don't when they're about to play sports.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Aside from the shooting spree, this guy could've been any number of leftists I know personally.

Seriously? What kind of leftists do you hang out with? Republicans have been involved in mass shootings before but I don't think of all Republicans that way.

The shooter was a Sanders supporter, but Bernie strongly condemned his actions.

Seriously.
The crap on his Facebook page is practically identical to what's on some leftist's FB pages I know personally.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

A hollow point 223 round will blow a hole the size of a softball into a coyote if the bullet hits a bone and fragments. I hope he makes it, hopefully he got to the trauma center in time. Getting hit with a high velocity expanding point rifle round is a lot different than getting hit with a handgun round.

Another member posted that CNN said it was an AK variant. That would mean it would most likely be a 7.62 round.

Any confirmation on the weapon used?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Are you going to sit there and say that the rhetoric is calming down, that rational voices on all sides are in the majority?

#.

Division, divisiveness, hatred, partisanship is rising faster than a bloody head held in Kathy Grffins hands.

It's the right's fault all the way. If more right wing used safes then the left would have less guns to steal to do things like this...

link   

A hollow point 223 round will blow a hole the size of a softball into a coyote if the bullet hits a bone and fragments. I hope he makes it, hopefully he got to the trauma center in time. Getting hit with a high velocity expanding point rifle round is a lot different than getting hit with a handgun round.

Another member posted that CNN said it was an AK variant. That would mean it would most likely be a 7.62 round.

This is the problem with the anti-gun media. Most anti-gun folks don't know the first thing about firearms, so their reporting is gonna be all over the place. They know so little they don't even know what questions to ask the police spokesperson. They'll just ask stuff like "was it a military style weapon?" so they can write up a nice piece about how we need to ban semi-auto rifles.

link   
It's awesome to me that you can hear someone holler "Shoot him!" on one of those videos while the Capitol Police are shouting at the guy to put his weapon down.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: kosmicjack

I think they used a tourniquet on the aide... but yeah, that shocked me too when I saw him listed as critical.

TheRedneck

I heard on the way home from work that they cant get some of the bleeding to stop. Now I am no doctor but I do know you have a main vein in your leg. I googled it. It is called great saphenous vein. Just saying.

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I said nothing about the rhetoric. Despite the rhetoric and what you perceive as a rise in hatred and division, the vast majority of us can talk politics, get a bit pissed and not go out and shoot people because of it.

We will see people do things like this from time to time for a variety of reasons, but I have no reason to suggest or expect a rise in this sort of political outburst.

link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
If more right wing used safes then the left would have less guns to steal to do things like this...

"Covfefe".

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

It's awesome to me that you can hear someone holler "Shoot him!" on one of those videos while the Capitol Police are shouting at the guy to put his weapon down.

I heard that. I wonder who it was!

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

This is the problem with the anti-gun media. Most anti-gun folks don't know the first thing about firearms, so their reporting is gonna be all over the place. They know so little they don't even know what questions to ask the police spokesperson. They'll just ask stuff like "was it a military style weapon?" so they can write up a nice piece about how we need to ban semi-auto rifles.

I find that even many pro-firearm advocates lack basic knowledge of firearms, let alone the media or anti-gun folks.

And they can write all they want about banning firearms. That is their right.

They will not ban them, because that is our right.

link   

Aside from the shooting spree, this guy could've been any number of leftists I know personally.

Seriously? What kind of leftists do you hang out with? Republicans have been involved in mass shootings before but I don't think of all Republicans that way.

Seriously.
The crap on his Facebook page is practically identical to what's on some leftist's FB pages I know personally.

I read his FB, I would have unfollowed or defriended him mid-2014.

I can't stand people like that.

link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

I'd hardly argue that constitutes a grudge. Even today I'm seeing a bunch of people holding his David Duke's speech against him.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

It takes hella nerve to try to reason with a mass shooter instead of just shooting him ...

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

My point was just how nice it would be to get some accurate reporting because the reporters on scene have a clue and know what to ask. They don't have to be experts.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Seriously.

I read his FB, I would have unfollowed or defriended him mid-2014.

I can't stand people like that.

Perhaps social media played a role in his radicalization, politically-speaking.

With sites like FB, you can surround yourself with only the people and content that will reinforce your views and block anything else that does not. You can create your own echo chamber and without people around you to bring you back to reason, you can create people like this.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Rep Mike Bishop just said on CNN it "sounded like a pipe bomb went off".

Cue the conspiracy theorists.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

a reply to: SBMcG

It takes hella nerve to try to reason with a mass shooter instead of just shooting him ...

LMAO!

I hope to God I never find out.

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join